• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dropquest II (Dropbox scavenger hunt for free space)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddog

1750 people have finished so far
KuGsj.gif

Edit: now 2965. Fuck that.

Dhx

Well, that's disappointing. We get a 4th place finisher and in the 5 minute delay it took me to figure it out, over a thousand people beat me and I'm assuming the rest of you to it. Could have just posted it with the email quote. Thanks, I guess.

Zeppu

When you look at the nth letter of each log in order, you get:

The
time
gate
is
the
Only
the
of

new
seven
wonders
of
the
world
in
the
only
continent
you

That's as far as I got before I hit Google.

aaaw damn, the order by size really made me think something else.

Oh well, got 1GB more and spent a hell of an afternoon. Thanks everyone :D

Adamm

Well, that's disappointing. We get a 4th place finisher and in the 5 minute delay it took me to figure it out, over a thousand people beat me and I'm assuming the rest of you to it. Could have just posted it with the email quote.

As soon as it was posted publicly a few thousand people got it.

Im guessing the 9th person shared it, because after that the floodgates opened!

You placed #3170 with a time of 04:43:30

Throughout your quest, you've amassed a total of 1 GB of space.

Why the hell did I spend the time doing this.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Well, that's disappointing. We get a 4th place finisher and in the 5 minute delay it took me to figure it out, over a thousand people beat me and I'm assuming the rest of you to it. Could have just posted it with the email quote.

Yeah, that was pretty lame. We have been helping each other directly the whole time.. and at the end when a bunch of us could have gotten prizes, someone decided to be coy about the answer!

don't mind me Cyan, i'm just a bit bitter! ;) congrats

Well, that's disappointing. We get a 4th place finisher and in the 5 minute delay it took me to figure it out, over a thousand people beat me and I'm assuming the rest of you to it. Could have just posted it with the email quote. Thanks, I guess.

Suck it up. People who figured it out on their own deserved those spots.

clav

aaaw damn, the order by size really made me think something else.

Oh well, got 1GB more and spent a hell of an afternoon. Thanks everyone :D

Yeah. I sorted the files by file size in a file manager, but I don't think that was the key.

Yeah, that was pretty lame. We have been helping each other directly the whole time.. and at the end when a bunch of us could have gotten prizes, someone decided to be coy about the answer!

don't mind me Cyan, i'm just a bit bitter! ;) congrats

Yeah, it was a dick move on his part.

Dhx

As soon as it was posted publicly a few thousand people got it.

Im guessing the 9th person shared it, because after that the floodgates opened!

The floodgates were certain to open. I'm just not sure why the collaboration stopped after the final solve. Still enjoyed the puzzles, don't get me wrong. Just an odd way to end it.

Mr_Zombie

#4289, woo

Thanks guys, without you I wouldn't be able to solve some of the puzzles (I would have never figured out the one with flags and midi files). And congratulations to Cyan. :D

Adamm

The first 9 people deserved it, after that it was a free for all.

Im not mad at you Cyan, you earned your 5th place :D
I played it for fun & didnt expect to get anything from it

Also, I hope dropbox can search the web and see if they can put together a time line on where the answers first started showing up.

How long will Dropquest take? To be honest, we don’t know! There are a bunch of factors that dynamically shift while Dropquest is running, so it’s pretty hard to tell. Last year Dropquest was finished in a little under 2 hours, but the Black-ops team doubts that it’ll be solved in under 5 hours this year — feel free to prove us wrong .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom