• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DS match-ups? Using online messenging?

Jimbob

Just a thought here. Does anyone else see a slight problem with the DS match-up facilities so far? Ok, it was fine when MKDS came out, everyone who had a DS had it jammed in their cart slot 24/7 and it was easy to find opponents. Now its a different story. There are a shed load of top quality titles to choose from and several of them support WFC. What this means is that online match-ups, pretty much for any WFC, is made more difficult due to players being spread thinly. This is even worse for finding friends as you only know they're online if they're actively searching for other friends. I find myself phoning or messaging friends to organise matches but I still don#t have that many anyway.

What I'm saying is that it would be a lot better if we could use an instant messenger program like MSN or AOL or something to notify each other when we wanna play?? I have a few people on GAF added to a few of my friends lists but I never see them online and just think its a bit hit and miss PM'ing them or posting on here.

Would anyone be interested in starting a thread to exchanged MSN email addresses (as I'm on MSN and have it on pretty much whenever I am at home) as well as friend codes? This way we can just message each other when we wanna play, AND say which game we wanna play, making the whole process simpler?

I'm sure I can be the only one thinking this. Who's with me? Lets see if there is any interest.

Jimbob

Valtox

we could start a group in this board. somthing like "ds online users".
and exchange our msn address "privately" beetwen us.
you all can read in the profiles "Jimbob (example) is not a member of any public groups".
well let's start one!:)

Jimbob

wow, i hadn't checked this thread since before E3, wasn't expecting such a good response!

Ok, how do we start a group? I don't know how this works....

In the meantime I will PM you all with my IM address. Cheers people, I hope this works, I think it has potential.

By the way, I currently have MK, AC and Tetris. Don't have any money for Hunters at the mo but I'll be sure to get it when I do.

Jimbob

HomShaBom

Banned
Be helpful if people actually posted their aim/msn/contact stuff.
And if you snake in Mario Kart, don't bother adding me.

HomShaBom said:
Be helpful if people actually posted their aim/msn/contact stuff.
And if you snake in Mario Kart, don't bother adding me.

Dude, you can see a person's aim/msn/contact stuff by looking at there profiles. If they have one, then it'll be under "contact info".

And you guys can add me for this matchup thing. I never see anyone online on hunters, so it would be a good idea to schedule a game via IM.

Top Bottom