• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DS survives trip to Mt. Everest

ChrisD

I was nine, no doubt playing Pokemon Emerald when this thread went up. "Computer" meant 'Neopets,' and it moved as slow as molasses. My older sister was in a horrible place in life with depression. And I also believed that I would become an author one day.

I hate writing.

AmyS

They should sell their units to Nintendo for display at the NY Nintendo World store alongside the Gulf War GB.

rW1nacJ.jpg

JWyJS3X.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBeTXPaewMo

I was approximately 2 weeks from starting college. Crazy to think this thread has made me access memories from a specific period of time I've not thought about for years, and within the context of that time, some random guy on the other side of the world was making a thread about the DS going to Everest.

flohen95

When this thread was made, I was 9, coming up to my 10th birthday. I had just finished 5th grade and had gotten my first console/handheld ever, the GBA, on Christmas before.

I'm sure my younger self would have love this story and would have told it to everyone he knows. Alas, I didn't catch it back then. :p

Also, yeah, Ubisoft got played.

Was just going to start after that summer first year on university. Good, nothing to do summer then. Im pretty sure the year after 2005 i got my gaf membership thanks to using the university email.
Also fantastic necrobump

I can vouch for nintendo quality. I have the original 1989 gameboy bought in 1989 got as a gift when I was a kid, the gameboy was beat to hell and back, and to this day it still works.

Most original game boy hpunits have missing vertical OE horizontal lines in the screen. They are actually pretty fragile in the screen part.

Wow. I was graduating elementary school when this thread was posted. I'm not even certain what games I was playing though I think I got the PS2 by that time

20110520063151!Necromancer.gif

it comes back stronger

I was 13 in 2005, enjoying Mega Man Battle Network and Fire Emblem on my GBA (damn rich kids with their fresh DS's) :(

Kazerei

Banned
Madden? Hah, I forgot how bad DS's library was in its first year.

The DS Phat was truly a solid piece of hardware. Solid as a brick.

Enker

This thread, I'ma let you finish, but either the Doom thread or the one where the guy posted years later that he was right are the best necrobumps of all time.

This is pretty amazing in its own right though. I may have just discovered GAF that year, but I certainly wasn’t a member. And I had a first gen mac mini.

EDIT - And Taylor Swift was 15. Wow.

Wow, all the way back to high school, this thread.

Madden? Hah, I forgot how bad DS's library was in its first year.

The DS Phat was truly a solid piece of hardware. Solid as a brick.
It really was, I honestly never bothered to buy a Lite or DSi, the thing still works today.

Posting in epic thread bump...

I actually has a ds in 2005! Good old silver phat plastic brick really did feel indestructible. Played Mario 64 for the first time on it...

My DS phat has a broken hinge.

Still works. Thats after dropping it several times and it has several notable scratches and so forth from daily use in the subway.

Zabi

Banned
I forgot what was going on with my life back then so I decided to check the oldest emails I have with my friend who I have been having frequent email exchanges for years. It turns out our emailing goes back to later 2006. From what I've read going through some of them I was a big anime fan back then because it seems that about half the content of much of my old emails is about anime. It seems the game that was the most on my mind during that time period of later 2006 was Phantasy Star Universe.

Edit: Just got my original DS out of the dresser to see how well it works after not being used for years. Fully charged and the clock is off by only 1 hour and 4 minutes.

Top Bottom