• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dudebro: MSIFUSIHTS/SY2: The Straight-Up Official Thread!

nicjac

We definitely have a long way to go but for now we are mainly coding systems that are not necessarily apparent. I am confident we're going to have a great product rather soon, all the volunteers being extremely talented and motivated.

I am having a blast contributing to such an amazing effort. If you are interested, I highly recommend at least checking it out.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
To all the concept artists: focus switched on chapter 2 environments and designing the last two weapons.

ZealousD said:
The end involved a literal "cliffhanger", where you mistaken fall into a giant hole, grip tightly onto the edge, only to have Jocchan appear and mock you.
Sounds a bit like "Toasty", except more offensive. I love it :lol

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Hey dudes, bros and chicks,

Just a quick post to say I've updated the Doommeyer and Skull Glee Club Soldiers Japanese lines with some edits and alternative translations.
If anyone is in touch with Mik (or if he's around), could he have a quick look at them before anyone submits any lines? I'll make a short post on Google Wave too.

Can't wait to get round to some more recording! Cheers!

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
B-Genius said:

Just a quick post to say I've updated the Doommeyer and Skull Glee Club Soldiers Japanese lines with some edits and alternative translations.
If anyone is in touch with Mik (or if he's around), could he have a quick look at them before anyone submits any lines? I'll make a short post on Google Wave too.

Yeah I just let Mik know on MSN. Thanks for doing those updates!

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
B-Genius said:

Thanks man :)

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
So we now have a confirmed rig for Dudebro's model, and we also have the yeti enemy modeled, so they're both ready to be animated. Our first animated things! =P

Also, nicjac did a great job with tightening up the controls in the build, which has turned the big 0.4.2. Now Dudebro jumps where you want him to jump, LoL.

Lastly, go to the website, people! We update that shit every Monday and Friday with cool stuff.

Cow Mengde said:
Why is this thread unstickied?

...eh.

John

I added a "Finished Tunes" folder to the music box for tunes that are done, but haven't been assigned a place yet. Should make things more intuitive.

V_Ben

Banned
John said:
I added a "Finished Tunes" folder to the music box for tunes that are done, but haven't been assigned a place yet. Should make things more intuitive.

good idea. that should make it much easier to identify what's done, and whats still being worked on.

John

Is there a definitive list somewhere linking the voice actors to the lines they've uploaded? I want to get started on editing the VA but I'd rather know that the actors are finished with the files before I find out they're just placeholders, for example.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Excellent job to everyone involved :)

John said:
Is there a definitive list somewhere linking the voice actors to the lines they've uploaded? I want to get started on editing the VA but I'd rather know that the actors are finished with the files before I find out they're just placeholders, for example.
Maybe it's a bit early for this, but later on we'll definitely need to track what's finished and what needs more recordings.
Oh, and awesome job with your track, man.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Alright, uploaded the metal container meshes + textures in the Dropbox (under Environment/Multipurprose/MetalContainers). Apparently, the images are 1.86mb. Also I'm not sure if the coordinates are 0, 0, 0 (used Milkshape 3D for this, I have to check if there's a way to lock the mesh as 0, 0, 0).

Please contact me if I need to adjust anything. Thanks!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
FYI subscribing is the easiest way to keep pace with things - so dive in everyone!

Jocchan said:
Hah! Too bad Dudebro is not smart enough to choose that route!
The actual level layout - for both level and maze - will be quite different, so it's not like he really has a choice :)

Why not make it a secret "path" so to speak. It would be really funny and work well with the game. You give him a maze, and he just walks around it cause he's Dudebro.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Yep, subscribing is the way to go.

ULTROS! said:
Alright, uploaded the metal container meshes + textures in the Dropbox (under Environment/Multipurprose/MetalContainers). Apparently, the images are 1.86mb. Also I'm not sure if the coordinates are 0, 0, 0 (used Milkshape 3D for this, I have to check if there's a way to lock the mesh as 0, 0, 0).

Please contact me if I need to adjust anything. Thanks!
You have a PM :D

Cow Mengde said:
Why not make it a secret "path" so to speak. It would be really funny and work well with the game. You give him a maze, and he just walks around it cause he's Dudebro.
Actually it's not as easy as it seems for a variety of reasons
but I think I have an idea that *could* make this feasible

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Guess I'm done with my part. Hope to see footage or even screenies of the game. :D

soultron

Banned
Tried to contact thetrin for marketing/writing team info, but he hasn't gotten in touch with me yet. It has been a few weeks. Is there anyone else I can contact on the matter?

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Everdred said:
Just saw the website for the first time, LOVE the style and presentation. Nice work guys!

soultron said:
Tried to contact thetrin for marketing/writing team info, but he hasn't gotten in touch with me yet. It has been a few weeks. Is there anyone else I can contact on the matter?
Sorry to hear that, man. Please get in touch with Danthrax, and make sure you hop on IRC (channel info below).

howtojoin.png

If you want to help:
1. Follow this FAQ: http://docs.google.com/View?id=dcs6hh5g_23cgnp39cs
2. PM Danthrax your e-mail to be added to the staff list, Dropbox and the Google Waves
3. Contact your team lead to get assignments
4. Make sure you keep following the waves, this thread, and read the GDD
5. Remember that no one will PM you asking to do X or Y (we're too many), if you need assignments/feedback/direction/info/a beer/whatever just PM your lead
6. Use the IRC channel (more details below) to stay in touch with the team!!!
7. ???
8. PROFIT!

Useful links:
Sign-up FAQ: http://docs.google.com/View?id=dcs6hh5g_23cgnp39cs
Dudebro Game Design Document: http://docs.google.com/View?id=dcs6hh5g_8dv7w2pfm
Dudebro official website: http://www.grimoireassemblyforge.com/dudebro/
Dudebro Wiki: http://dudebro.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
CafePress Store: http://www.cafepress.com/dudebro2

And CHECK YOUR PRIVATE MESSAGES because I or another Dudebro volunteer may have PMed you about something important!

IRC details:
server: irc.gamecubecafe.com
channel: #dudebro

thank you for your attention and have a fantastic day!

Disguises

Hi everyone,
First of all, sorry for the lack of contact, I haven't been following the thread as much as I should! A while ago I decided to help with modelling, but due to boring real life stuff, I've not done anything since and probably won't be able to in the near future, so it's probably best for me not to continue with any contributions :(. I wish all of you the very best with the work and I'll be looking forward to playing it upon release!
Once again, sorry and good luck guys! :)

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
nicjac said:
That wallpaper is so damn good. I put it up on all my lab's computers :D
Sill4 said:
Lol, that's good shit!

Isn't it, though? It came out really well! It's the background on my computer ^_^

Disguises said:
Hi everyone,
First of all, sorry for the lack of contact, I haven't been following the thread as much as I should! A while ago I decided to help with modelling, but due to boring real life stuff, I've not done anything since and probably won't be able to in the near future, so it's probably best for me not to continue with any contributions :(. I wish all of you the very best with the work and I'll be looking forward to playing it upon release!
Once again, sorry and good luck guys! :)

Thank you for letting us know, I really appreciate it. And thanks for the well wishes =)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
soultron said:

Did you contact me by PM? Sorry, I thought I replied to you, but I might have saved a draft and forgotten to send later.

soultron

Banned
thetrin said:
Did you contact me by PM? Sorry, I thought I replied to you, but I might have saved a draft and forgotten to send later.
Looking back in my sent PMs box, I actually forgot to hit send when I was writing you. Sorry!

PM sent!

nicjac

When they started talking about Duke Nukem voice I kind of expected them to mention Dudebro (especially given the fact Jeff tweeted about us a few times in the past and he is the main contributor to the Dudebro II page on GiantBomb).

Was still a pleasant surprise!

whitehawk

Banned
Chasteleth said:
I use Cubase 5 as my DAW, most of the samples are from east west symphonic orchestra gold, its not a really high end sample set but you can get good results if you put in a lot of time into learning how to use it.
Damn, $700 lol.

Well anyway, instead of wasting time playing video games, I'm working on music tonight. (although a little ironic considering the project :lol )

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Good news everyone!

With version 0.4.23ex, the build is locked for the first pass of QA scheduled to start over the next few days.
Major props to everyone who contributed with the sweat of their brow.

Jocchan said:
Good news everyone!

With version 0.4.23ex, the build is locked for the first pass of QA scheduled to start over the next few days.

Excellent. Congratulations to all the coders for this breakthrough.

V_Ben

Banned
Jocchan said:
Good news everyone!

awesome :D

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Jocchan said:
Good news everyone!

Is a man not entitled to it?

Top Bottom