• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Duke Nukem Forever: May 3 in NA, May 6 elsewhere [Trailer Added]

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
The Dutch Slayer said:
almost all games are released on steam but if the game will be steamworks I douth that sadly.
2K is more of a GFW publisher sadly :(

Not anymore. Civ V and Mafia 2 are both 2k games that were steamworks in the last 6 months. As well as providing DNF Early Access codes to anyone who owned borderlands on steam. I'll be surprised if its not Steamworks actually given how 2k has been the past few months.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Hopefully the BLOCKBUSTER SUCCESS of this and Alice will inspire someone to fund a Ritual reformation for F.A.K.K.3

Hylian7

Maybe this means Half-Life 2: Episode 3 will be announced.
Or be joked about for the next 9 years will still not releasing

Dead Man

Hylian7 said:
Maybe this means Half-Life 2: Episode 3 will be announced.
Or be joked about for the next 9 years will still not releasing
Hell, it's only been 4 years since Ep2 released. After factoring in Valve time that means it will be 22 years before they have taken longer than DNF.

derFeef

The_Technomancer said:
Why does that trailer use the music from Scott Pilgrim?
That music wasn´t even in Scott Pilgrim and that track has been used a thousand times now, I can´t hear it anymore. Cool trailer nonetheless and day 1 no matter what.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
KareBear said:
Id much rather a continuation of Sin Episodes or Sin 2.There is a company founded by a former Ritual guy.

Oh, there's a bunch of them.

Don't get me wrong, I love shooting people's clothes off as much as the next guy, but Sin's time is past - as proven by Episodes. F.A.K.K2 is one of the best TPS games ever, ever, ever and was just getting started.

I guess Bulletstorm will have to scratch my Heavy Metal itch.

But I digress! DNF GOTF

vulva

derFeef said:
That music wasn´t even in Scott Pilgrim and that track has been used a thousand times now, I can´t hear it anymore. Cool trailer nonetheless and day 1 no matter what.
still, kinda funny I thought. Using Invaders Must Die for a Duke Nukem trailer. Get it? It's a joke!

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Tworak said:
looks rushed.

also, build 2.0?

Yes, Build 2.0, with high-res voxel support obviously.

Whiny, graphic nit-picking aside that trailer has me pretty excited.

derFeef

Happy Phantom said:
still, kinda funny I thought. Using Invaders Must Die for a Duke Nukem trailer. Get it? It's a joke!
Yrah, that´s one of the reasons it got used that much, though. Still loved the trailer.

I didn't really grow up with Duke, but fuck me if that isn't a great trailer. Whoever cut that trailer needs a raise. It really captures what that game is about, big guns, big tits, and a serious lack of gum.

eso76

looks like a mess, and 8 games/engines/graphic styles randomly put together.

which makes it look even more fun, actually, in a random unpolished fun kind of way,

KareBear

peakish said:
Julie vs. Elexis?

Okay, that is actually a hard question.

Elexis no question.

D2M15 said:
Oh, there's a bunch of them.

Don't get me wrong, I love shooting people's clothes off as much as the next guy, but Sin's time is past - as proven by Episodes. F.A.K.K2 is one of the best TPS games ever, ever, ever and was just getting started.

What are the others?I know of Levelords casual games company.

Sin is the fps series most like Duke seeing as Ritual was founded by ex 3Drealms guys.So if Dnf does well Sin would too.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
KareBear said:
Id much rather a continuation of Sin Episodes or Sin 2.There is a company founded by a former Ritual guy.
I kind of wish Valve had picked up the SiN team and polished up SiN Episode 1 and then continued the series. The car chase teased in the previews look awesome and the first episode had some great moments.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
DoctorWho said:
Were some gaffers even born when the game was announced?

Wow...that makes me feel old.

derFeef

Stallion Free said:
I kind of wish Valve had picked up the SiN team and polished up SiN Episode 1 and then continued the series. The car chase teased in the previews look awesome and the first episode had some great moments.
Loved the jetpackers and all the physics stuff they laid out. It also was so freaking hard at times.

Mabase

Ironic that even after 12 years of waiting, the duke has one feature that too few FPS in the past decades have implemented:

Humor

Still the reason why, no matter how good the game is actually going to be or how many are going to whine about graphics, I'll enjoy it more than any other generic pseudo-serious shooter out there.

BRING IT!

Day one.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
eso76 said:
looks like a mess, and 8 games/engines/graphic styles randomly put together.

which makes it look even more fun, actually, in a random unpolished fun kind of way,

some of that is intentional,
the first level of the game takes place in an arcade cabinet of duke nukem 3d, and when you finish it the camera zooms out to show duke playing the game

don't highlight unless you want plot spoilers.

george_us

I honestly don't mind the fact that the graphics look like something from three or four years ago. In fact, I really like it since it gives the game a B-movie-ish feel. That trailer has me REALLY hyped now.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
derFeef said:
Loved the jetpackers and all the physics stuff they laid out. It also was so freaking hard at times.
The difficulty scaling tech they had had a bug where at one point in the game, no matter how well you did it became consistently harder as it would if you took no damage and got headshots on everything. I hit that bug, but goddamn I was not letting the game beat me. It became a quicksave-fest, but after hours of bullshit I conquered it. Then like two weeks later they patched it :(

webrunner

So wait

The end of the trailer, duke goes "After 12 fBLEEPing years, it better be"

Earlier in the trailer the text said, "WE FUCKING BROUGHT IT" - no censorship.

That's.. kind of arbitrary.

BiggNife

By the end of the year everyone will have forgotten about this game. Callin' it.

Not that I think it will be bad (Gearbox is a decent team so it will probably be a solid FPS), but once the shock that a game in development for 14 years is finally out wears off, I doubt it'll be able to stand out from the plethora of FPSes these days.

Jenga

Banned
whoever decided to put that track in needs to be slapped

the megadeth grabbag cover was made for shit like this

Ihya said:
I'll wait on reviews. Looks a bit dated. If the gameplay is likewise I'll wait for it on a steam sale.

If the gameplay isn't dated, then I'll be slightly disappointed. I want the Duke Nukem Forever I was going to get circa 1999-2001.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
4Dyey.jpg

I don't think I've ever seen that many descriptors on an ESRB rating before.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Hail to the King, baby! Cannot wait. I waited 14 years for this. I can wait a few more months.

Top Bottom