• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Duke Nukem Forever: May 3 in NA, May 6 elsewhere [Trailer Added]

Xater

ZealousD said:
4Dyey.jpg

I don't think I've ever seen that many descriptors on an ESRB rating before.

Is there actually anything left that would warrant a M rating? I thought they probably got it all in there. ;)

Kibbles

Duke's controller buttons "F" "U" "C" "K". The gaiety derived from that exceeded my self control capabilities!

BiggNife

DoctorWho said:
What do you have to do to get an AO around here!?
Really the only way you can get an AO is if the game has extremely graphic sex scenes. The ESRB tends to never use AO unless they absolutely have to. It's the NC-17 of video game ratings: if you end up getting it, you're basically fucked because no one is going to sell it.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Day one. It's been a long fucking time coming. Man, I have such great memories of playing DN3D on my 100MHz NEC. The game even came with a fucking mousepad, how cool was that shit?!

Munin

I imagine this will turn out like Prey. Decent game, but nothing to write home about. Forgotten after a year or so.

MedIC86

Like a few issues of gamesTM back said: its good to have his one-dimensional character back in a time of "emo" "shades of grey" main characters :p

that trailer looks fun :D

ElRenoRaven

Goddamn it. I have to hand it to them. That trailer has me wanting to play it. Hell is actually freezing over. Duke Nukem Forever is actually being released.

Anyone have a coat and a copy?

PaNaMa

Banned
Probably the first game since like NHL Hockey for sega genesis that no matter what the reviews turn out to be, I'm automatically buying this game.

Sure, everything has that shine coat like in Prey and a bunch of other 1st gen 360 titles, but who cares!

/coolstoryPaN
In 1999 at some e3 party I sneaked into on the coat tails of the ZD crew, we noticed a buncha of 3D realms bigwigs were there. It may have even been a 3D Realms party - I just can't remember. But I do remember walking up to the CEO (at least someone told me he was CEO - I was drunk) and I told him he needed to stop F'ing around with Duke and get the damn game out before it winds up getting lost in the 800 quake 3 engine FPSs hitting the market in the next year or two). He was nice enough to put up with my drunken idiocy, thanked me for being a fan, and assured me they were working on it.
/endcoolstoryPaN

Anyways, hopefully this game will be FUN. That's all I want from it - lots of a laughs and a good time. If enough people have the same expectation and actually purchase it, then that can only lead to good things in the future!

Xater

PaNaMa said:
Anyways, hopefully this game will be FUN. That's all I want from it - lots of a laughs and a good time. If enough people have the same expectation and actually purchase it, then that can only lead to good things in the future!

Totally. It would mean Gearbox has another successful franchise and we can expect new DUke games that don't take this long. :)

An old request but damn I want a Making of

George Broussard
" I won't settle for anything less than the brutal truth. Brutal. Brutal. Each day I'll hand you a paper, it'll tell you what happened to you that day. You felt a lump in your breast. You looked at your wife and saw a stranger"

dejan

I just want a proper pc version of Duke Nukem Forever. Don't fuck up the pc version, do you hear me Gearbox?

StuBurns

Banned
B_Rik_Schitthaus said:
An old request but damn I want a Making of

George Broussard
" I won't settle for anything less than the brutal truth. Brutal. Brutal. Each day I'll hand you a paper, it'll tell you what happened to you that day. You felt a lump in your breast. You looked at your wife and saw a stranger"
Wow, George is a great writer, he should talk to Spike Jonze.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Man said:
Will be mediocre.

I wouldn't be surprised.

I mean, I like the series and I want it to be good, but after being in development hell for a record amount of time, the odds are against it being a solid game. Maybe I've missed it, but we've hardly seen anything from Gearbox since they took it over as well. I'll probably buy it either way, but I will not be betting on Duke this time.

The Praiseworthy said:
THAT SOON!!!!

No way.... this feels so weird :\

yeah man, it feels wrong. i'm not happy about this, they gotta delay it.. this is straight up bullshit. i'm not feeling DNF coming out in May at all.

ElRenoRaven

Snuggler said:
I wouldn't be surprised.

I mean, I like the series and I want it to be good, but after being in development hell for a record amount of time, the odds are against it being a solid game. Maybe I've missed it, but we've hardly seen anything from Gearbox since they took it over as well. I'll probably buy it either way, but I will not be betting on Duke this time.

While I have my doubts too, that could be due to Gearbox actually doing what others didn't and you know work on and actually finish the game instead of yapping about how awesome it's going to be all the time.

falconzss

Snuggler said:
I wouldn't be surprised.

In Gearbox we trust.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
DaBuddaDa said:
Graphic sex. That's pretty much it.

Manhunt 2 uncensored originally got an AO. So, graphic, realistic violence is another condition. If it's Itchy and Scratchy violence, it gets a pass.

Colocho

Banned
K' Dash said:
"Hell, I'd still hit it"

lol
That made me actually lol when I heard it, this game will be awesome just for the little "Duke Quotes"

I guess sometimes, you have to bet on Duke.

ok that trailer was actually really damn good. i'm baffled, i fully expected to have a meh reaction to it. lots of fun stuff in there. i hope it can keep up the fun factor throughout the whole game.

thats it, i'm getting this in May. and reviews mean zero.

btw have they said anything about multiplayer?! Duke Nukem 3D against my friends over dial-up was some of the best fun i've ever had.

Instro

Ha just saw the trailer, so much cheese. This is gonna be great, its like video games version of a Arnold movie.

AshMcCool

Looks like it's still full of those little (interactive) things, that made the development such a long journey. The way he interacts with the world looks like more I've ever seen in a First-Person-Shooter before. I bet that's gonna be what will stand out the most in this game.

Top Bottom