• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dungeon Fighter Online is back! New characters Dark Knight and Creator available!

CP, you so crazy.

XDzmYOk.png

omlet

What, really?! OMG I just used my +50 thing yesterday to start building up for another token now that it was usable.

Uuuugh fkin neople. Why was nothing said about this in the event notifications or on the launcher?

Edit: I just logged in to check... I have my mileage still from yesterday. Phew.

What, really?! OMG I just used my +50 thing yesterday to start building up for another token now that it was usable.

Uuuugh fkin neople. Why was nothing said about this in the event notifications or on the launcher?

Edit: I just logged in to check... I have my mileage still from yesterday. Phew.

I had 100+ before the 9th, now I just have the Mileage from the items I earned. :(

Armaros

Actually out of all of this, I am most intreasted in the f mech buffs.

Besides SB, she was one of my previous main characters and I've been sad to see how she has fallen off so hard.

Hope these buffs make her competitive with males.

Actually out of all of this, I am most intreasted in the f mech buffs.

Besides SB, she was one of my previous main characters and I've been sad to see how she has fallen off so hard.

Hope these buffs make her competitive with males.

She kinda was competitive with males in Anton from what I read, mostly because 90% of the point of mechs is Vipers and she has the same Vipers. The buffs should help her still though by bumping everything else more. Problem is these patches are probably quite a far way from us.

Assuming they split all content in 1patch worth every month, there's 1month for F slayer, 1month for Thief 2nd subclasses(possibly split, Kunoichi is already in our client but not Shadow Dancer), 1month for OV, 1month for ancients, 1month for each 2nd awakening which would probably start with classes that have it in the current client(F Fighter, F mage, M gunner, Priest). Assuming they then resume patching version in order, F gunner would be next which would bring a bunch of changes(most important would be Robotics applying to G series and the actual 2nd awakening stuff obviously).

Then probably 1month per act patch from there if not more, following the korean release schedule more or less but starting from 6months ago. So around 6months later. Add the rest and I wouldn't really expect these patches until next year, assuming they don't decide to do a major catch up move at some point. Which they could do I guess, or they could bundle a bunch of those patches together too(for example all 4 second awakenings that are in the current client at once, or do a M Gunner/F Gunner 2nd awakening bundle kind of move).

Armaros

She kinda was competitive with males in Anton from what I read, mostly because 90% of the point of mechs is Vipers and she has the same Vipers. The buffs should help her still though by bumping everything else more. Problem is these patches are probably quite a far way from us.

Assuming they split all content in 1patch worth every month, there's 1month for F slayer, 1month for Thief 2nd subclasses(possibly split, Kunoichi is already in our client but not Shadow Dancer), 1month for OV, 1month for ancients, 1month for each 2nd awakening which would probably start with classes that have it in the current client(F Fighter, F mage, M gunner, Priest). Assuming they then resume patching version in order, F gunner would be next which would bring a bunch of changes(most important would be Robotics applying to G series and the actual 2nd awakening stuff obviously).

Then probably 1month per act patch from there if not more, following the korean release schedule more or less but starting from 6months ago. So around 6months later. Add the rest and I wouldn't really expect these patches until next year, assuming they don't decide to do a major catch up move at some point. Which they could do I guess, or they could bundle a bunch of those patches together too(for example all 4 second awakenings that are in the current client at once, or do a M Gunner/F Gunner 2nd awakening bundle kind of move).

Problem is that with the way everything is set up currently, M mech will always be more efficient at spamming vipers and robots compared to F mech, HS-1 Friend is pretty insane compared to the F mech's version that only helps G-Series. And all her passives only work with G-Series, so literally she is ends up playing as a shitty M mech clone, that has to kneel over to summon all her robots compared to M mech, so less mobile to boot.

Astarte

yqnhXdj.jpg

FUCKING KILL ME
PLEASE
FUCK
GOD
FUCK
PLEASE
LITERAL ENDGAME TIER TOTEM AND I FIND IT ON MY FUCKING M BRAWLER
FUCK
EVERYTHING

Astarte

You don't know how long I've been looking for this totem
Years of farming..and I find it in the english server on a character I gave up on.
I'm on the verge of breaking down and I just need to stop

Astarte

holy shit guys if you want to OV in the OV 3 (Bakal, Rift, Ozma) please try to have a lagless party. You will suffer and burn if you do not.

WarRock

Damn. I've not been playing the last month thanks to finals and such, but I keep a close watch to the facebook page.

This is something to be kinda wary of, I guess.

Is there a group that runs OV? I'll be interested in some runs, I basically just got the easy mode done except for bakal's dungeon since I've been busy with a backlog of games. I'm not in the gaf guild but is there a time you guys run? My fbrawler's name is RebelSpark.

I'm worried about the health of the game overall. I play on the east and sometimes check the wests servers and it looks like a ghost town over there with just a few channels having 3 bars and the rest at 1 green bar. It doesn't seem like the game is attracting new players at all. Hopefully this new CEO will do some advertising somewhere? I just have a bad feeling about the game again now that my joy of it being back is over...the real truth sets in if it doesn't get more players doubt it will be profitable for them a year from now.

They seem to be relying on the players to advertise the game for them, which is working to come capacity, but not as much as it needs to. The reality of it is that it's a game with no normal advertising that's not available on any major PC gaming platforms. Word of mouth worked for the launch, but the odd order of the content updates and months without cash shop items scared lots of people away. They will need to take a risk and start paying for more conventional advertising and/or get on a platform like Steam to bring more people in.

"Back in Nexon days even though it was really crappy, people were still shooting things and doing dungeons. Now in DFOG everyone just hangs out at power station all day not really doing anything. New players are chased away by FP or toxic players so the base isn't really growing that far aside from the people who started the game." ~ Some low quality narukami

Also, with the change of CEO - The "promise" of FP staying forever is gone. I think.

Astarte

Is there a group that runs OV? I'll be interested in some runs, I basically just got the easy mode done except for bakal's dungeon since I've been busy with a backlog of games. I'm not in the gaf guild but is there a time you guys run? My fbrawler's name is RebelSpark.

I'm willing to do runs too. Mostly on my m Brawler but he.....suffers from fucking terrible scaling so he's a bit useless at the moment.

I'm worried about the health of the game overall. I play on the east and sometimes check the wests servers and it looks like a ghost town over there with just a few channels having 3 bars and the rest at 1 green bar. It doesn't seem like the game is attracting new players at all. Hopefully this new CEO will do some advertising somewhere? I just have a bad feeling about the game again now that my joy of it being back is over...the real truth sets in if it doesn't get more players doubt it will be profitable for them a year from now.

They seem to be relying on the players to advertise the game for them, which is working to come capacity, but not as much as it needs to. The reality of it is that it's a game with no normal advertising that's not available on any major PC gaming platforms. Word of mouth worked for the launch, but the odd order of the content updates and months without cash shop items scared lots of people away. They will need to take a risk and start paying for more conventional advertising and/or get on a platform like Steam to bring more people in.

West is dead. The only way to fix that server issue is to merge the servers, but since we have shared character names that would be a serious issue. They need to stop using facebook and their little blogspot as a viable outlet for news and focus on advertisement/buffing up their global website for stuff.
The new CEO is known for bringing back a Nexon game from the dead and making it into Korea's biggest game behind League.

"Back in Nexon days even though it was really crappy, people were still shooting things and doing dungeons. Now in DFOG everyone just hangs out at power station all day not really doing anything. New players are chased away by FP or toxic players so the base isn't really growing that far aside from the people who started the game." ~ Some low quality narukami

Also, with the change of CEO - The "promise" of FP staying forever is gone. I think.

I don't want blitz. Fuck blitz. Blitz needs to go away. Raise the fatigue cap but please don't let poopsockers into our game again.
Also now with the introduction of OV the same players who hung around in power station can now do OV! It's been a long time since I've seen fresh/not-alt characters in higher leveled areas.

WarRock

I saw ads for DFO on Spotify, like, once.

Also, their portuguese trailer reads like it was machine-translated.

Yeah, they need a marketing team.

I mean how can it be a global version when it's still peer to peer connections. Whoever has a high ping because of where there located will just lag with most people the play with and why would anyone stick around if your just lagging everyone else. Granted the game is much easier to solo than ever but that's not entirely fun to solo everything.

Yes the facebook thing is not helping. By now they should have a proper website with forums and guides and stuff. A place to actually go for news instead of facebook. I mean look at that post where everyone gets free cera for 10k shares by July 7th. Right now it's at a pathetic 1335. So yea obviously we aren't getting free cera. How sad is that.

I will play it until it dies again but not investing all my time/interest in it like I did back in nexon days. I just don't think it will be around a year from now...

I'm willing to do runs too. Mostly on my m Brawler but he.....suffers from fucking terrible scaling so he's a bit useless at the moment.

Can't be that bad, in this game even the most shittiest class would shit over the capabilities of characters in other beat-em-ups, so I never really fret what other people would play. I probably can't play Saturday because I have a birthday to go to but if you want to get some runs in on Sunday, I'm game.

Astarte

M brawlers contribute nothing to the party because we can't status inflict without massive amounts of funding in this hell hole
I'm down to go on Sunday, but we would need 1 or 2 more people

M brawlers contribute nothing to the party because we can't status inflict without massive amounts of funding in this hell hole
I'm down to go on Sunday, but we would need 1 or 2 more people

Well if it's any consolation, my fbrawler uses Taunt +1 as a top and she can get those stacks of apply poison going, so maybe it would help. It's -88 status resistance if that math helps. I also never ran it in a party yet since I've been busy and only had time to go through the tutorials of eveything.

Astarte

Well if it's any consolation, my fbrawler uses Taunt +1 as a top and she can get those stacks of apply poison going, so maybe it would help. It's -88 status resistance if that math helps. I also never ran it in a party yet since I've been busy and only had time to go through the tutorials of eveything.

I chose thousand hands for my top and boy do I sort of regret it.
Also you're gonna learn that OV is going to backhand you if you are new, but don't worry it happens to the best of us. At least you went through the tutorial.

Any native controller support for this? Thinking of using my Hori fight commander. Possible? Ill advised?

It'll probably work, you can set up the buttons in the option menu. But I would still use xpadder anyways because I can set a toggle, so I can use all my hotkeys mapped on to the controller in some way (ex. I can set L1 as Sand Splash but L1+L2 is my tornado kick because L2 toggles all my buttons to another set of buttons). Some classes use a lot of hotkeys, while leaving some skills being left to inputs, so it's up to you to how you would go about it.

Top Bottom