• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dungeon Travelers 2 |OT| - We don't need no White Knights!

Status
Not open for further replies.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Lost a bunch of progress again, though it was my fault this time. Foolishly decided to explore a new area while leveling up Yae and Tsurara (10 levels below rest of party). Was making good progress but trapped myself in an unescapable battle against that Lelouch melon with the geass lol (didn't think there would be another boss so soon). Couldn't do enough damage against its regeneration so I had to quit the game (ヽ´ω`)

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Lost a bunch of progress again, though it was my fault this time. Foolishly decided to explore a new area while leveling up Yae and Tsurara (10 levels below rest of party). Was making good progress but trapped myself in an unescapable battle against that Lelouch melon with the geass lol (didn't think there would be another boss so soon). Couldn't do enough damage against its regeneration so I had to quit the game (ヽ´ω`)

the joys of wizardry type of titles ♪ヽ(´▽`)/

im curious if anyone will actually take the time to go up against the insane post game bosses since that will be seriously some soul crushing shit lol

Dorarnae

the joys of wizardry type of titles ♪ヽ(´▽`)/

im curious if anyone will actually take the time to go up against the insane post game bosses since that will be seriously some soul crushing shit lol

will try. I actually wanted to do it someday, just had a few other game in the way...

got ambushed and killed by a kraken, at least I didn't lost much progress. Decided to start lvling up other members, will help getting some extra gold also.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
will help getting some extra gold also.
Maybe it's just me but I feel like there isn't much worthwhile to spend money on. A few consumables for boss battles perhaps but the traveling merchant equipment seems to be on par with whatever you can get from chests/enemies and both are usually inferior to whatever bosses drop.

Parakeetman

Maybe it's just me but I feel like there isn't much worthwhile to spend money on. A few consumables for boss battles perhaps but the traveling merchant equipment seems to be on par with whatever you can get from chests/enemies and both are usually inferior to whatever bosses drop.

its still worth it trying to go after higher stats gear. so you will be spending it mostly on the travelling merchant or the higher lv healing items.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Oh I forgot about that too lol

I mostly refrain from doing it since it requires you to grind a little for books, but also have that problem where I'm always feeling like I could be upgrading a better piece of equipment so I end up waiting indefinitely.

Finally got up to the boss door in the sewers. As expected it was a sewer level ( ´_ゝ`)
(ノ`Д´)ノ彡麻痺
(ノ`Д´)ノ彡沈黙

Dorarnae

I am not constantly using it, but I do use it sometime, adding some effect like crit rate or tp regen is nice. I don't have the item to get more experience ect so...

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Hm you're right, I often forget the dlc accessory is affecting my drop rates.

Also an update patch is out. Claims to fix certain black screen hangups among other things but doesn't specifically mention the ice/ramen shop so those are still unconfirmed on the wiki. L+R+Start soft reset is at least working now though ヽ(´ー`)ノ

Parakeetman

Hm you're right, I often forget the dlc accessory is affecting my drop rates.

Also an update patch is out. Claims to fix certain black screen hangups among other things but doesn't specifically mention the ice/ramen shop so those are still unconfirmed on the wiki. L+R+Start soft reset is at least working now though ヽ(´ー`)ノ

the funny thing is even with the item drop up the rate does not seem to be increased that much over what i remember from the psp ver.

exp up is single character double exp therefore just like the chatacter has one more battle win over the rest of the party. only with bosses i think it makes more of a difference due to the amount paid out at once.

its good for moving up the lower lv characters but when it comes to current lv characters its only really useful at the boss fights as mentioned before.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I've had the exp item on Conet for a good half of the game and she's only 4 levels above everyone else. Seems to be some exp scaling depending on how many levels higher/lower a character is too. It's definitely useful for catch up though.

Interesting about the item drop rates being about the same, though the accessory itself still provides some pretty great stat bonuses for where I am in the game.

Dorarnae

I am lvling up other character because I think some skill doesn't work against some boss, so having different class can be good...like the final boss is immune to the triple hit skill of the samurai if I remember.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Oh boy I redid that
Mefmera
fight like 10 times to see the different scenes for a bunch of the characters (&#12494;&#1076;<)

I am lvling up other character because I think some skill doesn't work against some boss, so having different class can be good...like the final boss is immune to the triple hit skill of the samurai if I remember.
Looking at the wiki it looks like the skill you're talking about doesn't work on undead/magical creatures. So far haven't seen restrictions like that on other skills yet outside of general elemental resistance. Raging Smash seems to be recommended as the primary damage source for samurai though since it also has an accuracy bonus when leveling up.

Dorarnae

Oh boy I redid that
Mefmera
fight like 10 times to see the different scenes for a bunch of the characters (&#12494;&#1076;<)

Looking at the wiki it looks like the skill you're talking about doesn't work on undead/magical creatures. So far haven't seen restrictions like that on other skills yet outside of general elemental resistance. Raging Smash seems to be recommended as the primary damage source for samurai though since it also has an accuracy bonus when leveling up.

ahhh ok

Parakeetman

Oh boy I redid that
Mefmera

Do hope to get back into the game this weekend. Everyone blew way past me lol

Parakeetman

man am never going to catch up to you guys lol. not sure if i can between this and monster hunter, 2 massive time sinks :D

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, been plowing through this faster than I thought. Looks like I'm near the end of the story, though I originally though there would be around 20 chapters since there are 20 request levels and they seemed to unlock around the rate of 1 per chapter. I'm assuming there's tons of post-game content though.

Dorarnae

I am almost done with the sewer, just lvling some other character and will probably spend some time lvling up in the underground library...can't wait to hit lvl 50 to respec some character.

Parakeetman

Yeah, been plowing through this faster than I thought. Looks like I'm near the end of the story, though I originally though there would be around 20 chapters since there are 20 request levels and they seemed to unlock around the rate of 1 per chapter. I'm assuming there's tons of post-game content though.

yeah there is a bunch of post game stuff including the lv
99, 5 digit hp
bosses

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished off the last boss, took a couple of tries before I could do it without having a party member dead at the end. Ended up using that high risk/reward setup with Mefmera, but with the risker joker version that reduces your defense to 0. She ended up pulling most of the weight, doing 2k+ damage bursts a few times. Hopefully that strategy is still somewhat viable in the endgame lol.

Final party:
HjIpitm.jpg
qZ72hDp.jpg

6vncvJY.jpg
A9wf1Mk.jpg

NCsFc6U.jpg

(´&#8857;&#969;&#8857;`) But apparently still have half the game left to play,
entire second map opened up for post game
. Replaced Melvy with
Irena
for now (´&#949;&#65344; )

Using a sage feels really different compared to the bishop's super healing, but I'm told the dispel spell alone is worth it for end game. Also really like the post game battle music

Parakeetman

Just finished off the last boss, took a couple of tries before I could do it without having a party member dead at the end. Ended up using that high risk/reward setup with Mefmera, but with the risker joker version that reduces your defense to 0. She ended up pulling most of the weight, doing 2k+ damage bursts a few times. Hopefully that strategy is still somewhat viable in the endgame lol.

Final party:

(´&#8857;&#969;&#8857;`) But apparently still have half the game left to play,
entire second map opened up for post game
. Replaced Melvy with
Irena
for now (´&#949;&#65344; )

Using a sage feels really different compared to the bishop's super healing, but I'm told the dispel spell alone is worth it for end game. Also really like the post game battle music

i just used the sage to unidentify everything lol

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I've been equipping Fried with the book that increases merchant encounters so I usually just do my identifying when the blacksmith shows up. I'm too much of an SP miser and can't spare the 2 points to get identify lol.

Playing regular enemy battles a lot more differently with a sage. Used to just use Melvy's shine crux to nuke everything in one go, heal up with circle heal/circle nurse afterwards, repeat. Battles feel a lot more involved now that I don't have that, but having more fun this way. Hope losing circle nurse won't make bosses too hard though.

Really really glad I'm still getting event scenes in the post game, gives me a lot more motivation to continue.

Parakeetman

I've been equipping Fried with the book that increases merchant encounters so I usually just do my identifying when the blacksmith shows up. I'm too much of an SP miser and can't spare the 2 points to get identify lol.

Playing regular enemy battles a lot more differently with a sage. Used to just use Melvy's shine crux to nuke everything in one go, heal up with circle heal/circle nurse afterwards, repeat. Battles feel a lot more involved now that I don't have that, but having more fun this way. Hope losing circle nurse won't make bosses too hard though.

Really really glad I'm still getting event scenes in the post game, gives me a lot more motivation to continue.

the characters having actual personalities really adds a lot to the game which makes the dungeon crawls feel a lot less lifeless

Dorarnae

that's what I am doing with my second party, diamond dust and circle heal. hehe
but my main party didn't have a healer or paladin, managed to do alright for a while but now they come in big group and hit so hard...

Parakeetman

that's what I am doing with my second party, diamond dust and circle heal. hehe
but my main party didn't have a healer or paladin, managed to do alright for a while but now they come in big group and hit so hard...

Its funny in my PSP version I didnt have a main healer at all. Which was weird. Though this time am going to work on Melvy for that role.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Wow the post game dungeons are tough lol. Tried to fight one of the monsters for a recommended request and it always starts off with an AOE attack that only Alisia can survive with a sliver of health (at that point I just run). Might be time to start looking into equipment upgrading (&#65307;&#12539;&#8704;&#12539;)

Not a fan of the game making you level more party members or respec for those doors that require a specific class to enter. There's 2 in a row in the big tree dungeon that absolutely cripple my party. Inched my way to the top with a skeleton crew and it seems the boss is way out of my level range in the first place anyways. A little lost in terms of the best way to progress because my boss options all seem quite strong right now.

Dorarnae

Its funny in my PSP version I didnt have a main healer at all. Which was weird. Though this time am going to work on Melvy for that role.

I had a healer on psp, except against the final boss. I needed a magical princess to reduce the magic dmg...

I am trying to level everyone now, it'll take some time but it'll be worth it I think.

Parakeetman

wow I just got the seal from those samurai...I want more lol.

i remember making a few on the psp.

on the vita am still slowly progressing at that beast people labyrinth.

dear god was the boss here a pain due to the constant all party attacks

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Making steady progress through the post game dungeons. Had to grind El from 28 -> 52 and make her a witch to pass a job door and progress. Not looking forward to doing that for a bunch of the other jobs too (&#12541;´&#969;`)

Bosses are somehow still manageable but regular encounters have become several times more dangerous with the stronger large sprite enemies easily causing near-wipes before I can even make a move. Making Alisia go through paladin was really a good choice, not sure what I'd do without cover and parry cast at all times while walking around (&#65307;´&#1044;`)

Really wish buffs didn't degrade so fast via walking though, it is kind of annoying to have to recast every so many steps.

Am also really blown away by how much content in this game. Can see myself hitting the 100 hour mark before all is said and done.

Parakeetman

Making steady progress through the post game dungeons. Had to grind El from 28 -> 52 and make her a witch to pass a job door and progress. Not looking forward to doing that for a bunch of the other jobs too (&#12541;´&#969;`)

Bosses are somehow still manageable but regular encounters have become several times more dangerous with the stronger large sprite enemies easily causing near-wipes before I can even make a move. Making Alisia go through paladin was really a good choice, not sure what I'd do without cover and parry cast at all times while walking around (&#65307;´&#1044;`)

Really wish buffs didn't degrade so fast via walking though, it is kind of annoying to have to recast every so many steps.

Am also really blown away by how much content in this game. Can see myself hitting the 100 hour mark before all is said and done.

man sounds like you should go lv up the other DLC characters to keep your current ones the way you like them. since at least thats an option a time consuming one but an option none the less!

i cant wait to hear what will happen when you fight one of the hidden bosses lol.

yeah seriously though the whole buffs before a battle thing is a great feature that i do like with the series.

as most other titles that Ive done OTs for a lot of these are time consuming games where folks will most def get their $$$ worth. its a huge problem why i cant finish everything all the time D:

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Oh I'm not too attached to current job classes for my main party or anything. I got over losing the initial bonus SP when doing a respec since at later levels you gain all that back with a single level up (also have a mountain of the SP items saved up to fill in deficiencies later). Grinded Souffle from 23 -> 50 yesterday too and made her a sniper to get past a door.

The time consuming part is that the later respec levels are only at 15, 30, and 50. The hard part is the enemies still get gradually stronger but you can't go keep resetting a level 60-90 class back down to 50 just to get past doors because you won't be strong enough to fight the current dungeon's enemies/boss then. Best solution is to just level a new character to get past the door and have the rest of your proper high level party do the heavy lifting, but oftentimes you need to replace more than one character at a time.

I looked ahead in the wiki and it seems you straight up need a separate character of every level 30 job available. Respeccing isn't an option due to the aforementioned level problem and also that you need to have 2-3 specific jobs in the party concurrently to be able to reach and fight a dungeon's boss most of the time.

The dungeon I'm on right now is especially annoying since I basically have to rebuild 3/5 of my party from scratch. Need a Sniper, Papillon, and Treasure Hunter and can't respec the Sniper Souffle I just leveled to meet a Treasure Hunter door requirement as I need to pass through all doors in one go without leaving the dungeon. Would've alleviated the a huge amount of work required if they let you respec to every 10th level though. Game suddenly got a lot more hardcore lol.

Edit - Just read up about crowned stats on the wiki

Lv61&#8594;Lv1x25&#22238;
Lv71&#8594;Lv1x16&#22238;&Lv61&#8594;Lv1x 1&#22238;
Lv81&#8594;Lv1x12&#22238;&Lv61&#8594;Lv1x 1&#22238;
Lv91&#8594;Lv1x10&#22238;

Am I playing Disgaea lol

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
So surprisingly my Etoile has become one of the biggest damage sources against bosses with the salsa dance. Does about 500 damage every time it's her turn but combined with &#25475;&#38500; and defending on her turn she usually gets 3 turns to the boss's 1. Has no elemental properties so it bypasses all defenses and doesn't get stopped by evasion buffs. Best part is it doesn't cost any mp either. A really good and consistent source of damage if you ever decide to respec to one.

Parakeetman

So surprisingly my Etoile has become one of the biggest damage sources against bosses with the salsa dance. Does about 500 damage every time it's her turn but combined with &#25475;&#38500; and defending on her turn she usually gets 3 turns to the boss's 1. Has no elemental properties so it bypasses all defenses and doesn't get stopped by evasion buffs. Best part is it doesn't cost any mp either. A really good and consistent source of damage if you ever decide to respec to one.

ill have to try that out. mine before was mostly a debuff station lol but that does sound quite efficient.

sorry for the late reply busy day yesterday. (/´&#9651;`&#65340;)

btw im surprised more imas fans didnt get the game with monicabeing harukas va and i think tsurara is the va of ami & mami

Dorarnae

yeah Etoile are quite good, seen them quite a few time in some video...I have one and it's nice.
made it to the last floor of the library, will farm a bit to make everyone or most of the character 50.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
ill have to try that out. mine before was mostly a debuff station lol but that does sound quite efficient.

sorry for the late reply busy day yesterday. (/´&#9651;`&#65340;)

btw im surprised more imas fans didnt get the game with monicabeing harukas va and i think tsurara is the va of ami & mami
Yeah don't worry about it, I'm just posting my random thoughts as I play lol. Was taken aback at the amount of "mandatory" grinding in the post game but still enjoying the game a lot. I wonder why they made this design decision as there's already so much content in the game in the first place that a straight playthrough of the main game + post game would probably take 60-80 hours. All the class door requirements just seem like extra padding that really isn't necessary, though it's definitely making me try out all the classes so maybe that was their intention lol.

Didn't notice the voices at all actually. Tsurara's sounds completely different as the stoic loli type compared with the voice she uses for the twins (are the twins even popular?) and I haven't paid much attention to Monica because I'm not big on glasses (&#12288;&#12539;´&#65392;&#12539;&#65344;)

yeah Etoile are quite good, seen them quite a few time in some video...I have one and it's nice.
made it to the last floor of the library, will farm a bit to make everyone or most of the character 50.
Man speaking of farming I have no idea how you're going to be able to endure the post game without the exp accessory. I've had to raise 4 characters I wasn't using up to 50 from scratch now (rest of party is 70~). Would've been terrible if I hadn't been receiving 2x experience x__x

Dorarnae

Man speaking of farming I have no idea how you're going to be able to endure the post game without the exp accessory. I've had to raise 4 characters I wasn't using up to 50 from scratch now (rest of party is 70~). Would've been terrible if I hadn't been receiving 2x experience x__x

yeah kinda wish I had that item ...I did a bard with his exp song maxed, maybe this will help a little...

Parakeetman

Yeah don't worry about it, I'm just posting my random thoughts as I play lol. Was taken aback at the amount of "mandatory" grinding in the post game but still enjoying the game a lot. I wonder why they made this design decision as there's already so much content in the game in the first place that a straight playthrough of the main game + post game would probably take 60-80 hours. All the class door requirements just seem like extra padding that really isn't necessary, though it's definitely making me try out all the classes so maybe that was their intention lol.

Didn't notice the voices at all actually. Tsurara's sounds completely different as the stoic loli type compared with the voice she uses for the twins (are the twins even popular?) and I haven't paid much attention to Monica because I'm not big on glasses (&#12288;&#12539;´&#65392;&#12539;&#65344;)

Yeah the twins are pretty popular.

It is odd about the end game design choices. never expected it to be that much work since the whole reset then grind back up over again is some hardcore stuff lol.

one thing for sure though is this game most def stands on top with post game content regardless of the insane design choices. So its like :D: lol

Dorarnae

just beat the first boss in the ice dungeon. not too bad considering I had only 4 character and I could of unlock a door and try with a party of 5 instead.

bit weird that I almost already plat the game. the only trophy left to get is the 20k monster killed.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah the trophy pacing is really weird. You can almost naturally unlock every single one except the 20k enemies one just by beating the story. The 5k enemy one popped for me in the last story dungeon so I had no idea where I was going to get 15k more kills until I learned about the class doors lol.

Definitely one of those so close yet so far deals (1 trophy left but 75% of game left to play).

Parakeetman

Yeah the trophy pacing is really weird. You can almost naturally unlock every single one except the 20k enemies one just by beating the story. The 5k enemy one popped for me in the last story dungeon so I had no idea where I was going to get 15k more kills until I learned about the class doors lol.

Definitely one of those so close yet so far deals (1 trophy left but 75% of game left to play).

I had thought the game crushed your soul seeing how you went quiet for a while lol. Im guessing you still have not met the boss Im looking forward to? :D

I guess if they made some trophy end game stuff people would freak out lol.

just beat the first boss in the ice dungeon. not too bad considering I had only 4 character and I could of unlock a door and try with a party of 5 instead.

bit weird that I almost already plat the game. the only trophy left to get is the 20k monster killed.

Very cool, sounds easier to do than some of the other dungeon crawler games then.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, bayonetta 2 came out so I've been spending time playing that first lol. Currently actually lost in a dungeon in this game. It's only 2 floors but the maps are huge and have complicated paths/backtracking. At one point I fell through a hole in the floor and now can't remember how I got back to where I dropped from just looking at the map.

I assume you're talking about the lvl 99 god bosses? I know of them from the wiki but haven't actually faced one yet. The end of the ice dungeon had like a cold imprisonment room where it was a completely dark area, every tile in the room was a trap, and the strong enemy presence door in there basically indicated I was going to have my shit pushed in if I entered. I assumed that was one of the gods so I didn't enter lol.

Parakeetman

Oh, bayonetta 2 came out so I've been spending time playing that first lol. Currently actually lost in a dungeon in this game. It's only 2 floors but the maps are huge and have complicated paths/backtracking. At one point I fell through a hole in the floor and now can't remember how I got back to where I dropped from just looking at the map.

I assume you're talking about the lvl 99 god bosses? I know of them from the wiki but haven't actually faced one yet. The end of the ice dungeon had like a cold imprisonment room where it was a completely dark area, every tile in the room was a trap, and the strong enemy presence door in there basically indicated I was going to have my shit pushed in if I entered. I assumed that was one of the gods so I didn't enter lol.

boss spoiler
&#12513;&#12452;&#12489;&#20808;&#29983; chick and her weird little rabbit robots, was so let down she doesnt become a party character. The music on her fight is awesome though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3HpPQLRtOI

dont click the youtube link if you dont want to be spoiled in the bottom half of the spoiler lol. But one of the best bosses in the game :D One thing for sure is this game gives great amounts of tension from the boss fights. Hell even the normal ones later on in the game and the music is an excellent tool to help further that.

Dorarnae

Very cool, sounds easier to do than some of the other dungeon crawler games then.

the 20k monster will take a while but I am not really worried with the post game stuff...
It's not like one of the wizardry game on ps3 where it asked something similar and 500 hours of play time but doesn't have much content once you complete all three scenario :S

labyrinth cross blood is quite easy overall except one trophy where it seems to be just pure luck,still need that stupid shield...

Parakeetman

the 20k monster will take a while but I am not really worried with the post game stuff...
It's not like one of the wizardry game on ps3 where it asked something similar and 500 hours of play time but doesn't have much content once you complete all three scenario :S

labyrinth cross blood is quite easy overall except one trophy where it seems to be just pure luck,still need that stupid shield...

lol yeah and that getting the masamune one is another trophy right? but that one isnt as hard to do since you can try creating one from the picopico hammer.

Btw since I know you both are past this point how did you guys do against this boss? Its the one of the Beast People dungeon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWa_Ktabf0w

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
boss spoiler
Oh that LOL. Yeah I read a spoiler at some point about that boss but it still seems quite far away. Still in my mid 70s as far as level goes.

Man that guy went all the way. Maxed out experience and his characters are all crowned &#65288;&#12288;&#65439;&#1044;&#65439;&#65289;

Parakeetman

Oh that LOL. Yeah I read a spoiler at some point about that boss but it still seems quite far away. Still in my mid 70s as far as level goes.

Man that guy went all the way. Maxed out experience and his characters are all crowned &#65288;&#12288;&#65439;&#1044;&#65439;&#65289;

Fans here seriously love the game and think the fact all the characters have personalities is what drives that passion to max em out like that lol.

Watching other vids really think that if you are not maxed out like that the chances of survival against the bosses isnt good D:

btw on a totally unrelated subject this changes my views totally on the battle system of tales of graces f.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9BA0m9K5bk

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Btw since I know you both are past this point how did you guys do against this boss? Its the one of the Beast People dungeon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWa_Ktabf0w
IIRC I already had Alisia as a valkyrie at that point so she just used daedalus attack as much as possible. Grishina had dark aura at level 5 to debuff most of the boss's stats as well as aura eliminate to erase its crazy defense buff. Had Melvy on healing duties and Conet doing maid stuff. Lilian as papillon was pretty useless but provided a little extra healing with one of the dollmaster moves. Overall went pretty smooth on the first try but I had the exp item on Alisia most of the game pre-30 to get her to valkyrie asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom