• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Durante Presents: FFXIII resolution unlocking (GeDoSaTo plugin) released - pre-alpha

Trace

Banned
I've tried all manner of ini tweaks but I still get a crash to desktop anytime I try to start the game with GeDoSaTo enabled.

EDIT: Found the problem. If I run my monitor at 144hz the game crashes, if I change it to 60hz the game doesn't crash.

Dr Dogg

Still not getting full resolution shots from GEDOSATO. The screenshots I do take don't look truly downsampled.

Well it might not be working because 1). Taking screen shots with GeDoSaTo more than likely will cause FFXIII to crash (Durante mentions it in the OP and I can confirm it does too) and 2). Unless you have the comments removed from GeDoSaTo keybindings file it won't be doing anything anyway :p

Jinko

so on the left side of the screen i get a "box" where it is clearer than everywhere else. is it a bug?

Yup, something to do with AMD cards.

Keeps crashing for me, not sure why.

I've tried all manner of ini tweaks but I still get a crash to desktop anytime I try to start the game with GeDoSaTo enabled.

Try changing the resolution set in the GeDoSaTo.ini ?

Eyothrie

The FPS drops are really pronounced at Lake Bresha. My gtx 680 is dropping 30 frames every 5-10 seconds. It doesn't matter if GeDoSaTo is active or not. It happens at every resolution I select. Ridiculous.

Durante

So... uh 10240x5760 is a thing.

Well at about 10-15fps. :p

Sadly I'm not near anywhere yet the looks visually stunning. That and I really should be doing something remotely work related.
Strange that I can't run it at more than 4k. Anyway, yeah it's still visually amazing, simply by virtue of its asset quality.

iosefe

i hanged to prenderResolution 3200x1800@60 in the ffxiiiimg.ini file, i have overrideWidth 1280 and overrideheight 720, and pluginOverride Genericpluging.

I am on an AMD card HD 7790 2GB) and the shadowy top left square was NOT there for me the last time i tried to play. i also have the settings on catalyst 8x AA and 16 AF

might just be me, but try those settings, AMD users. completely crisp and clear, and relatively more stable frame rate

i also did the unplug, ESC, reconnect trick before i booted, but corellation and caustation, so who knows

Grief.exe

Well it might not be working because 1). Taking screen shots with GeDoSaTo more than likely will cause FFXIII to crash (Durante mentions it in the OP and I can confirm it does too) and 2). Unless you have the comments removed from GeDoSaTo keybindings file it won't be doing anything anyway :p

Doesn't crash for me, and I have taken the comments away from the appropriate file. I am taking full screenshots and they are still coming back at 1080p.

Strange that I can't run it at more than 4k. Anyway, yeah it's still visually amazing, simply by virtue of its asset quality.

Its a real shame they locked it to 720p its like they arent proud of how amazing it looks, i assume the 2d assets are 720p and that factored into their decision

diaspora

i hanged to prenderResolution 3200x1800@60 in the ffxiiiimg.ini file, i have overrideWidth 1280 and overrideheight 720, and pluginOverride Genericpluging.

I am on an AMD card HD 7790 2GB) and the shadowy top left square was NOT there for me the last time i tried to play. i also have the settings on catalyst 8x AA and 16 AF

might just be me, but try those settings, AMD users. completely crisp and clear, and relatively more stable frame rate

i also did the unplug, ESC, reconnect trick before i booted, but corellation and caustation, so who knows
Oh shit it works I think.

Zafir

The FPS drops are really pronounced at Lake Bresha. My gtx 680 is dropping 30 frames every 5-10 seconds. It doesn't matter if GeDoSaTo is active or not. It happens at every resolution I select. Ridiculous.

Yeah, that's what I was noticing last night. Regardless of what I had the resolution at, it was dropping to 30-40 odd fps.

Jinko

Reason thats working is because you are downsampling to 720p, the bloom only appears outside of the 720p area.

Dr Dogg

Hahaha well it works but I wouldn't call it stable. I get an exception thrown up after a couple of minute or a couple of battles then the game locks up. There is a dialogue box that closes before I can catch what it says and it doesn't even show up in Event Viewer as to why it crashed. I'm guessing running out of VRAM or getting close to would be the issue.

But 5120x2880 and 7680x4320 to 2560x1440 using bilinear scaling work as well. Really odd that it doesn't work for you.

Xyber

I had a problem where I could only run it at 3811x2144, add 1 more pixel ad it would crash. I then disabled transparency in Windows because of another issue and restarted my computer, since then I could use whatever resolution I wanted. Ran at 16K "just fine", got 2-4FPS at best. But it worked at least!

Grief.exe

FFXIII shots

ibsPhPIWNQ42su.jpg

iQi0UyAUFRx46.jpg

ibfhiJaj2ck3cd.jpg

sprinkles

Yup, something to do with AMD cards.

Keeps crashing for me, not sure why.
Another AMD user here with the box in the top left and crashes left and right.

Edit: other stuff missing running GeDoSaTo with FFXIII and my Radeon 7950: the minimap, some of the dialogue (the ones when the name avatar pop up) and the menus for the save points.

patapuf

This hasn't directly to do with GeDoSaTo but i'm not getting any voices ingame, the rest of the sound is fine.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

1337Sauce

Okay I'm not good enough to get this tool working at 1080p, I just can't seem to figure it out.

Is there anyway I can deactivate it? Or can somebody maybe just help me understand this enough to force 1080p? I don't care about framerate or anything extra, I'm just not good with this editing stuff LOL

Levyne

Banned
No matter what, can't seem to get a consistent in-battle framerate, everything else (sans dof) seems to be working though and I'm still getting 60fps most all the time otherwise at 4k and no tearing so I guess that's fine for playable status.

Gbraga

This hasn't directly to do with GeDoSaTo but i'm not getting any voices ingame, the rest of the sound is fine.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Tried checking the game's integrity on Steam? Never saw that issue before, so there are probably some corrupted files in your download.

Xyber

No matter what, can't seem to get a consistent in-battle framerate, everything else (sans dof) seems to be working though and I'm still getting 60fps most all the time otherwise at 4k and no tearing so I guess that's fine for playable status.

Yeah, apart from the occasional stutter outside of battle, 4K plays great on my 970. Some dips during battle is a little annoying, but not the end of the world if that can't be fixed.

Not for me unfortunately... 30FPS in battles and hovering framerate outside of this... I have a 4 core i5 4440 and a R9 290...
It's the same at 720p or 4k...

Parsnip

Ooof, had to turn my comp off for the entire day and now I'm still 40 minutes away from actually finishing the download.

It's weird, I'm not even super duper excited to play the game, I just want to poke at it with GeDoSaTo and stuff.

nbthedude

Another AMD user here with the box in the top left and crashes left and right.

Edit: other stuff missing running GeDoSaTo with FFXIII and my Radeon 7950: the minimap, some of the dialogue (the ones when the name avatar pop up) and the menus for the save points.

I'm not trying to start anything but it's shit like this that made me glad I switched from a Radeon 7970 to a Geforce 780.

There is no excuse for these kinds of shitty ports, but I noticed it being a trend that when a port is shitty(Rage, Lord of the Rings: War in the North, this game, etc) that it is typically AMD users that get the worse end of the stick. Even solid ports sometimes have problems (Wolfenstein). I've never had any major problems with even crappy games locking up regularly after making the switch.

Dr Dogg

Ooof, had to turn my comp off for the entire day and now I'm still 40 minutes away from actually finishing the download.

It's weird, I'm not even super duper excited to play the game, I just want to poke at it with GeDoSaTo and stuff.

Isn't that what we do with all our games on Steam anyway :p

The day Durante released GeDoSaTo I went through half my installed library to see what I could break in the name of science screenshotting.

Mkilbride

Banned
Yeap, when I hit + to shwo the status info, it's just 2560 x 1440 > 2560 x 1440 - it's not downsampling at all.

And AA or not, the game seems really blurry. Like when Sazh puts his hand up, I can see it all fuzzy. Like it's still 720P. However, MSI Afterburner is now "Small", which means the actual resolution of the window is 2560 x 1440, I can tell that. But the resolution in the game itself seems still 720p.

patapuf

Tried checking the game's integrity on Steam? Never saw that issue before, so there are probably some corrupted files in your download.

I figured it out, apparently it's an old bug that already existed on PS3 where voices wouldn't come up unless you switched to stereo/headphones...

wierd.

Hellraider

Did you set the game to launch in windowed mode in the launcher and then subsequently disabled the launcher so it just starts the game directly?

Then you'd have to run the launcher from the steam folder.

Selecting fullscreen option from launcher gives me the "Full Screen display mode cannot be selected as a screen resolution of 1280x720 is not supported by the system" like before.

wormania

I figured it out, apparently it's an old bug that already existed on PS3 where voices wouldn't come up unless you switched to stereo/headphones...

wierd.

Sure it's a bug? Generally voices come out of the central channel on 5.1 setups, so if your PC (or PS3) is set up to output at 5.1, but is only connected to 2.0 speakers (or headphones), it'll output the sound to a speaker you don't own.

SOLDIER

I've been asking for help on this everywhere, so since this thread is talking about downsampling a lot, maybe I can get an answer here.

I have my PC monitor and my TV connected to my PC. This allows me to enjoy the benefits of PC gaming on my TV using Steam's Big Picture Mode, among other uses.

Recently I ran into an odd issue where my TV is listed incorrectly on my PC, as seen here. The icon that says "Denon" is supposed to be my Samsung LED TV; the Denon was my old PC monitor, while my current monitor is listed correctly (also a Samsung).

I believe this is keeping me from enjoying a downsampled resolution on my big TV, which I was able to achieve before without issue. I've tried finding ways to have my PC list my TV correctly, but haven't found a working solution. I'm hoping someone here can offer the best course of action.

Conezays

Yeah, apart from the occasional stutter outside of battle, 4K plays great on my 970. Some dips during battle is a little annoying, but not the end of the world if that can't be fixed.

Yep, this is where I'm at now. Disabling Forced Nvidia AA seemed to help me. Still have AFx16 going, but it runs fairly well at 4k.

Top Bottom