• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

During Watch Dogs: Legion delay, Ubi used the time to introduce an intel system

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.polygon.com/platform/am...iew-intel-system-team-clint-hocking-interview

Interesting and was one of the main questions I had about knowing who and when to recruit.

I asked Watch Dogs: Legion Creative Director Clint Hocking about assembling a meaningful team of DedSec operatives, and he was quick to talk about the intel system, which was a direct result of the game’s delay.

“This is one of the things we focused on over the last year with the extra time we’ve been given,” Hocking told Polygon. “Really taking what we learned from the game over the previous few years of development and really being able to take a hard look where the value proposition to the player was coming from and how to really present characters to the player better.”

Some of that involved streamlining what was already in the game — removing extraneous information, packaging and presenting relevant information about characters’ abilities and traits better. But the big breakthrough, from the perspective of someone who’s played the game, is the intel system.

“So if someone gets arrested, the game will push you a barrister or a lawyer. If someone gets injured, you’ll get pushed a paramedic or a nurse or something like that. But also intel will push you characters who have cool new abilities or weapons or things like that, depending on what you’ve already got on your team. You’ll also see people on the street, like a getaway driver if you don’t have one or a beekeeper if you don’t have one. It’s really like better advertising of a lot of what was already there, plus amplifying some really cool features that we just found ways to improve.”

CrysisFreak

Banned
"Oh my gosh liberate London from Trump's and Johnson's deplorables, ensure that the illegal migrants in those trucks don't suffocate and create the most diverse London in history."
"A breathtaking recreation of London featuring authentic acid attacks and gang wars."
"This is Dedsec. Join the resistance*"

*sponsored by Amazon Prime

wd40

this game looks super fucking interesting, I was kind of turned off from it after the removal of permadeath but I still might play it if it turns out well

oagboghi2

"Oh my gosh liberate London from Trump's and Johnson's deplorables, ensure that the illegal migrants in those trucks don't suffocate and create the most diverse London in history."
"A breathtaking recreation of London featuring authentic acid attacks and gang wars."
"This is Dedsec. Join the resistance*"

*sponsored by Amazon Prime
"The revolution will be Livestreamed....exclusively over Apple+. If you apply to Apple+ with a apple credit card, you can get a 14 day free trial."

Greeno

this game looks super fucking interesting, I was kind of turned off from it after the removal of permadeath but I still might play it if it turns out well
WHAT?! THEY REMOVED PERMADEATH???? Are you sure about this?

Shubh_C63

I had always thought what's he's describing as Intel examples were common knowledge. Variable difficulty comes to mind.

wd40

Jeez they are a bunch of pussies for going back on this.
i mean alot of more causal players play ubisoft games, a permadeath mechanic might be a wee bit intimidating for them. I'd hope that when you turn of permadeath it stays that way tho, it's such a cool idea

Alebrije

There are games that use this since decades ago. You are wounded chests deliver health , you are low stamina , chest deliver power up. Rpgs uses this system a lot.

Top Bottom