• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dust: An Elysian Tail |OT| Become the Storm

bradigor

So I started playing this on my son's account (so that I don't get bothered while in review mode) and then made a start on my own account.

He is loving playing it as well, I don't think I have seen him sit with a game that engrossed before.

Too many people in this thread playing it and I am not, same with my bloody friends list too.
It's making the wait for Monday/Wednesday harder.

Same, as someone who wants to give noogy my money waiting is taking it's sweet time while others play for free :( makes you think about how many reviewers post here.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I played the PAX demo at least 3 times.

It's a game that plays and controls absolutely incredible and nothing small irked me when I played it. Just so damn smooth and gorgeous.

You still need to do a AMA!

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Hey, Noogy, your game is in shops (kinda).

GChZW.jpg
ukfOk.jpg

Noogy, after your game makes its first five million dollars, do you plan on making a sequel or using the engine with different settings (Cybernator clone, wuxia, etc?)

TheOddOne

After as much time as he spent on this game, I doubt he wants to even think about 'his next game' right now.
A lot of developers find out or experiment with ideas while working on games, but usually they don't feel like they fit or for other reasons (time, money etc). Noogy is one hell of a talented dude, so I know he has more ideas rumbling in that beautiful head of his.

Wonko_C

Daaaaaym with so many praise this is getting, I'd be curious to see what George Kamitani/Vanillaware thinks of it.

Likely they like it so much they're gonna want to have Noogy on their Staff.

The music reminds me of batman for some odd reason. The trailer just reminds me of The Dark Knight. I don't know why. It just has that epic and mysterious feel.

HyperDuck

Neo Member
The music reminds me of batman for some odd reason. The trailer just reminds me of The Dark Knight. I don't know why. It just has that epic and mysterious feel.

As it should I reckon, one of the things Dean & I discussed was making the trailer a bit dark, so I did take some influences from Hans Zimmers approach to Dark Knight for the sake of the trailer. Plus some of my own, almost a nod to Zimmers work across the entire trilogy, but mainly just a bit of fun :)

Noogy

As it should I reckon, one of the things Dean & I discussed was making the trailer a bit dark, so I did take some influences from Hans Zimmers approach to Dark Knight for the sake of the trailer. Plus some of my own, almost a nod to Zimmers work across the entire trilogy, but mainly just a bit of fun :)

Yep, we are both huge fans of Zimmer, among other composers. It was fun referencing much of my favorite music from games and film and then having Chris create something even cooler.

The trailer music is very VERY good. It's a pale shadow compared to what's in the game. I should have changed the tagline to "Listen to the Awesome 8.15.12"

HyperDuck

Neo Member
Ha, possibly.

Developed by: Noogy
Special Thanks: Noogy

You know we discussed that many times. Then agreed upon it. And in addition to that, we have an anti-thanks section, to all the people who have wronged us in our struggle forward to complete Dust. It's 90% of the credits duration.

Brannon

What is the turn off for some people with the art? I think I'm missing something...it all looks beautiful.

I honestly have no idea. But maybe that's because I grew up in the era of Sonic, Earthworm Jim, Sparkster, High Seas Havoc, Bubsy and Awesome Possum. One more animal doing spectacular stunts is a plus in my book.

You know we discussed that many times. Then agreed upon it. And in addition to that, we have an anti-thanks section, to all the people who have wronged us in our struggle forward to complete Dust. It's 90% of the credits duration.

More games need a shit list during the credits.

Brannon

All upgrades are non-cosmetic. Cosmetic upgrades wouldn't be possible with a hand animated character on this scale, and I wanted to keep the protagonist iconic. Also, the 360 only has 512mb of RAM and I use it all.

phenomenal COSMIC POWAH!!!!

Jac_Solar

Wait, how are people getting access to this so early? According to posters, lots of people are playing it?

It doesn't sound like it's limited to reviewers either -- a lot of people have mentioned that loads of people playing it (Or so it seems!), but how?

wow that is awesome. Good Job. Like everybody else I have been waiting a while to play this game.

Zeth

Been interested in this since I first heard of it, which seems like ages :) Launch trailer looks SO good.

Is there a strict embargo going on? Can we expect any quick look style previews before release?

Noogy

Been interested in this since I first heard of it, which seems like ages :) Launch trailer looks SO good.

Is there a strict embargo going on? Can we expect any quick look style previews before release?

Yes, the embargo is law. Won't be seeing anything until around Monday at 9am PST. As soon as that happens, I'll be in here handing out freebies.

TEJ

Yes, the embargo is law. Won't be seeing anything until around Monday at 9am PST. As soon as that happens, I'll be in here handing out freebies.

so, it'll be a "first to input code" gets the game kind of thing? Or will you send them via private message?

Khezu

Sweet OP.
Been waiting forever for this game.

Shame it came out at on awkward time for me and I literally have negative money. Already waited forever, another month won't kill me.

hwalker84

Its was awesome talking to you at PAX East while playing your game. You seemed so happy to finally let the public get their hands on it and gizz all over themselves while playing it. That day I said to myself this is 100% bought no matter what.

Noogy

Its was awesome talking to you at PAX East while playing your game. You seemed so happy to finally let the public get their hands on it and gizz all over themselves while playing it. That day I said to myself this is 100% bought no matter what.

Thanks :) Yeah, PAX was very weird. I mean, working on this thing in total secrecy for years, and having no idea if it's even good anymore. It was nice to see others enjoying the game, although I admit I wasn't prepared for the nearly 2 hour lines just to play Dust:AET.

sobble

Neo Member

That's brilliant. I wonder if anybody on the list will play the game.

hwalker84

Thanks :) Yeah, PAX was very weird. I mean, working on this thing in total secrecy for years, and having no idea if it's even good anymore. It was nice to see others enjoying the game, although I admit I wasn't prepared for the nearly 2 hour lines just to play Dust:AET.
Word if mouth hit and also some very high profile developers had glowing reviews for the game during various conferences Friday. Once that happened it was over. I made sure to get to the game up first thing Saturday and swung by later and saw the line 10-20 people deep.

The same thing happened with Bastion last year.

Noogy

Word if mouth hit and also some very high profile developers had glowing reviews for the game during various conferences Friday. Once that happened it was over. I made sure to get to the game up first thing Saturday and swung by later and saw the line 10-20 people deep.

The same thing happened with Bastion last year.

Yeah, I talked to Greg K about it afterwards and he echoed that sentiment. Basically that they had no idea how incredibly well Bastion was going to show. Humble to the end, those guys.

alphaNoid

Banned

This is fantastic, I'll be at work but will try to be on GAF and in this thread around 9am. Would love for some freebies, whatever that enTAILS ... get it, Tails. ?
KuGsj.gif

:( lol

This is definitely the bastion of this year, I hope you make hordes of money so you can make the next game and create some unique innovative stuff for whatever you do next.

Top Bottom