• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dustforce |OT| Ninja Janitors

saelz8

BKo7q.jpg

Steam Page

Trailer

Rock Paper Shotgun Review

WTF Is..:Dustforce?

Releasing in an hour or two! Let's clean!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
The WTF is looks really good. Loving the movement and such. We need to get pad to work on this as he's having lots of trouble with the kb. This one seems to be made for pad so for it not to be in is disappointing.

saelz8

The WTF is looks really good. Loving the movement and such. We need to get pad to work on this as he's having lots of trouble with the kb. This one seems to be made for pad so for it not to be in is disappointing.

It has pad support right out of the box, so you're good to go.

KTallguy

Banned
I love the game with keyboard but I've been playing PC games forever. Still they have gamepad support, and I suppose JoyToKey works.

Kifimbo

It works (much better) with a controller. You just need to manually replace every key with a button.

MRORANGE

if they don't give a demo:

Just played the Dustforce prototype demo and WOW!!!

Basically it's a Super Meat Boy gameplay with VVVVVV Checpoint system with a vector/cavestory visual design.

it supports 360 pad & from the looks of it you can edit the sprite work / png files the game also has a level editor which is extremely easy to use. the demo music is done by robot science :D one of my favourite bandcamp bands.

some screenshots from the demo (click for full size):

you guys really need to pick this game up.

PokéKong

I've been pretty weary of these Meat Boy/N+ style time attack obstacle course platformers lately, but this one somehow really stands out to me. The mechanics seem quite unique and complex, and the movement and animations look highly deliberate and crafted as opposed to relying heavily on a physics engine.

And just wow that soundtrack, it rubs me all the right ways.

Volcynika

I saw a price of $9.99, which was discounted to $8.99 (10% release discount I assume), added to my cart but cart was empty. :(

BBBBBBBBBOUGHT. Hope my Sega Saturn USB pad works with this, 'cause god damn this game looks like it needs the glory that is the Saturn d-pad. So friggin hyped, I just love these sorts of games.

naib

wutwut said:
Looked like a failing hard drive. Nothing to do with the game itself.
Yeah. I'm sure they're still embarrassed though.
Unfortunate timing for sure.

Says the guy with the Dungeons of Dreadmore avatar. That game even has an achievment for when it breaks. :p
:D

Hmm, $8.99 here. Sweet.

Those grabbing it, add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/deflorist
It'd be cool to have some GAF leaderboard scores to chase.

Jb

Bought! What better way to kick off the year than with a beautiful looking and sounding indie platformer :)

Oh my god, I'm getting so competitive over the stage times here... Got within .049 seconds off the #1 time that just beat me, and then comes a guy shaving off a full two seconds off both our times. Jesus christ this is intense. Time to move on to stage #2 lol.

saelz8

Oh my god, I'm getting so competitive over the stage times here... Got within .049 seconds off the #1 time that just beat me, and then comes a guy shaving off a full two seconds off both our times. Jesus christ this is intense. Time to move on to stage #2 lol.

Got you!

Top Bottom