• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dustforce |OT| Ninja Janitors

Moobabe

Oh my god, I'm getting so competitive over the stage times here... Got within .049 seconds off the #1 time that just beat me, and then comes a guy shaving off a full two seconds off both our times. Jesus christ this is intense. Time to move on to stage #2 lol.

It gets worse - you'll get to ROCK HARD levels and still be desperate to beat [Hitbox] Matt's scores. I HATE YOU MATT!!!

Edit - I'm also in that 'WTF is.. Dustforce' - I'm SO good at this game!

Aselith

Where is my controller support?

Oh wow, you have to program it yourself by setting up the controller in the options which means you can't switch back and forth. You must choose! The ball or the sword. Is that really what we consider controller support nowadays? Small dev, I know but it's controller settings. Many small devs have done fine with it.

R1CHO

Oh wow, you have to program it yourself by setting up the controller in the options which means you can't switch back and forth. You must choose! The ball or the sword. Is that really what we consider controller support nowadays? Small dev, I know but it's controller settings. Many small devs have done fine with it.

Well it works so... but not the vibration.

Wooooooow, pretty much impossible to get a double S rank on any stage after the first for me. Uuuuuuurgh. Already got a blister on my thumb, rofl. Time to bow out and take a break. I shall defeat you, saelz8! (what's your name on the scoreboard?)

saelz8

Wooooooow, pretty much impossible to get a double S rank on any stage after the first for me. Uuuuuuurgh. Already got a blister on my thumb, rofl. Time to bow out and take a break. I shall defeat you, saelz8! (what's your name on the scoreboard?)

Same name, we're right next to each other on the leaderboard for Downhill. I beat you, then you came back and beat me. I don't know how people are getting these 16's. I was number 5, now I'm 16.

Same name, we're right next to each other on the leaderboard for Downhill. I beat you, then you came back and beat me. I don't know how people are getting these 16's. I was number 5, now I'm 16.

You can watch their replay if you click their name on the scoreboard. So good.

Tattooth

I have been looking forward to this since that first trailer came out. I am not usually one for high scores or fastest time, but I must have played the third level at least 20 times already.
What are you guys using for controls? I plugged in a SNES controller since it has a good d-pad, but I'm finding it quite difficult to control still.

wutwutwut

My only quibble with the game is that restarting takes too long. Restarting should be as quick as it is in Super Meat Boy.

PokéKong

Is this running smoothly for everybody? The framerate keeps shooting way down for me whenever there's much happening on the screen, and never seems to get about 30.

mxgt

Banned
game is really fun but it controls badly with 360 joypad and thumbstick I find. Keyboard is definitely the way to go for the most accurate movement

Wiktor

Bought it the moment it became avaible :) Didn't have time to play a lot of it, but the little I did was great. And dear God, the soundtrack is simply wonderful.

MRORANGE

looking around the music folder in the game:

Hi! Yes, this is the music folder. All the songs are here. Feel free to look (listen) around!

If you like my music, you can support me by getting the full album on Bandcamp at: http://lifeformed.bandcamp.com/

The album has proper endings to each song (the ones in this folder just loop) and the audio is uncompressed. You might even find a bonus track or two in there!

Thanks for reading,

Terence Lee

http://lifeformed.com
http://lifeformed.bandcamp.com
http://twitter.com/lifeformed

game is really fun but it controls badly with 360 joypad and thumbstick I find. Keyboard is definitely the way to go for the most accurate movement
do you have any other controllers to try out? a ps2 controller plus joy2key sounds ideal. it worked brilliantly with super meat boy at least.

Ionic

Is anybody else just getting a black screen when they start the game? The music plays and pressing buttons sound like they are doing something, but the screen stays blank. I have a 5870 and an i5 750, but it doesn't seem like anybody else is having these issues yet.

Edit: It was D3DOverrider.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
I bought this before reading any reviews/impressions. Trailer got me so fucking hyped.

Disappointed to hear about the controller support, but I played N on a keyboard back in the day, so this should still be great.

wutwutwut

I bought this before reading any reviews/impressions. Trailer got me so fucking hyped.

Disappointed to hear about the controller support, but I played N on a keyboard back in the day, so this should still be great.
There is controller support. It's just that it's DirectInput and not Xinput, so you don't get the nice 360 button indicators or vibration.

filipe

First time hearing about Robot Science, checked out some other things by gent and already a favourite of mine. Jeeze, loving his stuff.

epmode

So does anyone have any suggestions for button inputs on a Saturn USB pad? I have dash mapped to a shoulder button since that's how I liked it in Super Meat Boy but it looks like dash functions differently here; More of a press-once kind of thing instead of HOLD-IT-DOWN-AT-ALL-TIMES. And I'd prefer a dedicated button for the screen clear function since I don't like having to press both attacks at the same time.

epmode

By the way, it might actually be better to play this with Joy2Key. I just set up a profile that allows me to restart a level by pressing a single button quickly (this may sound like a silly thing but it's pretty huge for games like this!) as well as fire off the super-attack with a single button.

filipe

Robot Science is awesome but the guy doing the new music is a different dude, I think. The old music is all Robot Science (and I bought all his albums ;)

Yeah the new dude: http://lifeformed.bandcamp.com

What do you mean by new dude? As in, someone else has taken on the name "Robot Science" creating the same genre of music?

I know the gent doing Robot Science also has another project, Giraffage, but not understanding what you're saying.

epmode

I get a black screen when i boot the game D:. already commented on the steam forum. hope they fix it soon.

Turn off D3DOverrider. Or at least disable it for the Dustforce executable. (I had the same problem)

People already hacking the scoreboards.

Thankfully, the game saves a ghost for each player so it's easy to see if someone cheated. And the game also makes it easy to filter by friend list. Ideally, we'd see replay validation like we have in Trackmania but I guess I don't expect that sort of thing from a first-time developer.

Turn off D3DOverrider. Or at least disable it for the Dustforce executable. (I had the same problem)

Thankfully, the game saves a ghost for each player so it's easy to see if someone cheated. And the game also makes it easy to filter by friend list. Ideally, we'd see replay validation like we have in Trackmania but I guess I don't expect that sort of thing from a first-time developer.

Dat did the trick. thanks.

Top Bottom