• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light IOTI A dead island on the mirror's edge.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I would like to unlock the bow and all its arrow types before "The Following". I am on Xb1 gametag: Warablo
I recommend watching a bozak walkthrough and memorizing the sequence. Then join an online match... which are hard to find, admittedly. I still haven't found a partner on ps4.

Jumped back into this game too after taking time off from it for months. After re-learning some of the controls I was having a blast again.

Love the enemy hit reaction and rag doll physics. It's actually very well done.

I also love the share button.

frMuc7o.gif

What surprised me about the game was is how minority-rich it is. Like, I'm hearing Arabic names in the first few minutes.

And when the Americans show up, they're hilariously obnoxious like Nick Pesto! XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GL-KePHvlw

Its set in the middle east....would be pretty dumb for the majority of people to be rednecks or something
but yea, I know what you're saying, they totally could've done that.

zer0das

Banned
Dying Light has grown on me the more I played it, even if there were a lot of things I wish were done slightly differently.

I really wish they didn't slant things so heavily in favor of Hunters in 1v1 PvP. Having to deal with limited ammo (unless you take a severe detour, but good luck with that), a crappy battery on the UV flashlight, and having to shine your light directly (not even a few pixels off) on them for what feels like a solid hour before they face any real effects is pretty annoying. And the radius on flares is really tiny too. Step one foot outside and you're gonna get pounced. Where's the continuum at!?!

But I'm getting a lot better even if the hunter feels pretty gamey. I managed to kill one 3 times and take out 5 nests. In a different run I killed 8 nests, and was almost done with the 9th before I died. I really dislike how a lot of hunters just sit outside your spawn point waiting for you to jump over before instantly pouncing you. But I have to say, even with all my complaints this is such a huge step up from their last game that I can't wait for the DLCs and whatever they come up with next.

TheBear

Haven't really kept up on news about the dlc but does anyone else have concerns about the vehicles? The traversal was so perfect, the last thing i wanted was a vehicle.

MaKTaiL

Oh, wow. I see zero hype in this thread. Such a shame, this DLC + Enhancements update is almost a new game entirely and nobody is talking about it.

jond76

Banned
Oh, wow. I see zero hype in this thread. Such a shame, this DLC + Enhancements update is almost a new game entirely and nobody is talking about it.

I'm as excited as anyone (I made this scrub-tastic OT!) but there's not a whole lot to discuss. Just give it to me!

MaKTaiL

Dying Light Community Maps coming to console

http://techraptor.net/content/dying-light-community-maps-coming-to-console

"We’ve said on many different occasions how much we enjoy playing maps created by our fans, but now the time has come to show it. There’s so much variety and ingenuity in there, even more so since we added co-op and PvP support. One more thing: we will be making select maps available on consoles, and we will play some of them this Saturday!"

----------------

OMG! Techland is proving to be the best game devs of the decade. Can't wait for it.

MaKTaiL

I'm making the OT for the expansion. Super psyched.

Nice. This DLC needs it's own thread back to the Gaming Discussion. :)

Dying Light: Enhanced Edition |OT| Zombie Beauty Contest 2016
Dying Light: Enhanced Edition |OT| Zombies are Buggying

Dying Light Community Maps coming to console

http://techraptor.net/content/dying-light-community-maps-coming-to-console

"We’ve said on many different occasions how much we enjoy playing maps created by our fans, but now the time has come to show it. There’s so much variety and ingenuity in there, even more so since we added co-op and PvP support. One more thing: we will be making select maps available on consoles, and we will play some of them this Saturday!"

----------------

OMG! Techland is proving to be the best game devs of the decade. Can't wait for it.

Woah, what. Thats pretty awesome. I could get why the consoles didnt the map/mission editor but community maps are better than nothing. I cant wait to get back into DL again.

Tigress

So, once I start The Following, is there a way to go back to Harran? I realized I wanted to get one thing before I started the Following but don't know if there is a way to go back to Harran to get it (I want to get the flight suit).

Gaf help!

So I have this issue with Dying Light. Specific to one of my friends who I want to play with.

I can join any game no issues at all. Friends, or randoms, or different modes or different areas, quests, season pass or no season pass. You name it, works 99% of the time.

However I cannot join my friend Adams game. He can't join mine. Doesn't matter even if a 3rd party hosts. It's really fucking random and makes no sense whatsoever.

He can join anyone else's game just not mine. It's like specifically I cannot join his game for no apparent reason.

We both have the same game with the season pass. Wired to the internet Nat type 2.

Why can I connect to anyone in the world just not him. It's doing my head in.

So, once I start The Following, is there a way to go back to Harran? I realized I wanted to get one thing before I started the Following but don't know if there is a way to go back to Harran to get it (I want to get the flight suit).

There's a flight suit?
Bro... Spoiler tag that shit ffs.

Seeing as they put the flight suit in the trailer after the demo it's not much of a spoiler. That's the only reason I even knew it existed as the trailer I watched before buying showed it.

OK well sorry I guess, never watched a trailer for this game. Just went and purchased it based on my mates wanting me to play with them.

As a side note. Holy shit does this suit make agility challenges a breeze. Seems buggy though. I have no idea why you take damage when you land.

Wootball

So I'm about 3-4 hours into the game and it's yet to grab me properly - although I am enjoying it. The night sucks though, do I have to sneak and turn my flashlight off in case the volatiles see/hear me?

Tigress

Has anyone done the bozack horde challenges ?

I tried recently. I really wanted the Bozak bow (for one it has a better range than the bow in the following which has such a short range it's pointless. So sad cause it would be fun to play with even with the lesser damage if it had more range). But... fuck that shit. It's not worth it. The description sounded like it would be something I hate and even just getting three waves in I can tell that it just isn't worth it :( :( :( (I thought maybe I'd give it a chance and maybe I'd find it wasn't as bad as it sounds. It really is as bad as it sounds *sigh*). And apparently even if I co op with some one else if I die it starts it over for both of us so I'm not going to put some one else through having to babysit my sorry ass cause I couldn't even get past the second wave of virals. I can easily see why people were pissed at it. The challenge shouldn't be so frustrating that in the end you decide the reward isn't worth it. And for me personally, I *HATE* timed trials (That aren't car races) with a passion honestly. But I realize that's a personal thing as I know some people like the challenge. I like being able to take my time to figure things out. Rush me and I just fumble more and get more frustrated and it's just not fun.

At least I am loving the Following (Even with the flaws cause I do agree with some complaints though not with the ones about weapon repair/car repair as that is one of the things I love about the game and I'm not even sure why people would buy DLC for this game if weapon repair is so horrible to them as that is a main part of the game! It's a survival game, I want it to make it so that resources are constantly needed. But yeah, the virals spawning all the time? That's annoying. It's not even challenging, it just gets really old and obnoxious. And there should be either more spawn points for the car or it shouldn't get stuck so easily honestly. One or the other. Also, too many obstacles to avoid to use it at night, I invariably end up hitting something when the volatiles are chasing me and have to abandon the car. I find it's much easier to just walk around places at night. Also, the map shape with one side having a big mountain you have to get around with worse, one spot that you can't go in that direction to get back north cause it gets blocked (and it's easy to get your car stuck if you go in the other direction if you mess up the jump). The map really shouldn't have that many choke points imho. Would have been nicer more square shaped rather than linear with choke points.

(and yes, I do love the following, I just think it had some issues that could be better. But hey, I'll even point out flaws of my favorite game ever, Fallout New Vegas. I just don't feel that cause a game has flaws means it's bad. It just means it's criticism they should hear to improve either the game now or their next game).

DeVeAn

I bought this on the past sale on PSN. I read reviews and assumed it would be great especially after liking dead island. I'll be damned if this game is boring the shit outta me. Zombies are damn near un-killable. Even when you kill one its so unsatisfying.

I swear I feel like I am missing something or playing it wrong. I would like to salvage any fun I can outta this but, I can't figure this out.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I bought this on the past sale on PSN. I read reviews and assumed it would be great especially after liking dead island. I'll be damned if this game is boring the shit outta me. Zombies are damn near un-killable. Even when you kill one its so unsatisfying.

I swear I feel like I am missing something or playing it wrong. I would like to salvage any fun I can outta this but, I can't figure this out.
Last major update ruined the vanilla game. Imo. They listened to the wrong feedback.

Tigress

Is this why? It's torturous not being able to kill normal zombies.

Level up. I found I couldn't kill zombies at first but eventually I could get weapons I could one shot them with (chopping off zombie heads and arms and legs is fun). Evening vanilla killing zombies is hard at beginning levels. I think they wanted you to be encouraged to parkour a lot and stay on the roofs.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Getting back into this and finding it much more fun than I did initially.
The menu was a chore to navigate and manage inventory, etc. at first, but not so bad now.
Also unlocking even a few skills makes a huge difference.

A few Qs:

1. What does the slow-mo x-ray thing mean that sometimes happens during melee? Can you follow up with something?
2. Is there any benefit to storing things in your player stash? I just dismantle/sell weapons I don't need, and seem to keep a steady rotation of everything else...
3. Is there an ideal point at which to turn on multiplayer invasions? Don't want to get in over my head and lose a bunch of survival points.

So I'm about 3-4 hours into the game and it's yet to grab me properly - although I am enjoying it. The night sucks though, do I have to sneak and turn my flashlight off in case the volatiles see/hear me?

Don't make a major habit of sneaking through the night; best to just make a run for it.
Periodically hold the interact button to scan for volatiles, keeping an eye on the radar while making a beeline for a safehouse.

You also get double EXP at night, so it's good to keep moving and practice your parkour skills!

Level up. I found I couldn't kill zombies at first but eventually I could get weapons I could one shot them with (chopping off zombie heads and arms and legs is fun). Evening vanilla killing zombies is hard at beginning levels. I think they wanted you to be encouraged to parkour a lot and stay on the roofs.

Definitely this. I felt so under-powered at first, and it became a huge game of The Floor Is Lava. Made it more tense though, as I didn't want to get caught in a horde on ground level. Then as things progress, you start to build more confidence and take on larger groups, swinging stronger and stronger weapons.

Maybe it's because I recently finished watching The Walking Dead season 6, but I'm really enjoying finding my groove in this game!

Picked the enhanced edition up on ps4 this black Friday

Which difficulty level is best to start with? Hard?

Also is there a way to make jump L1? I use that for Titanfall 2 and OW and it would suck if I have to keep it on the right bumper.

Ryuuga

Banned
Picked up the enhanced edition shortly before the steam sales ended. Been looking forward to play the game ever since they released a demo a while back. I want to pick it up for a friend of mine (as it's his birthday soon) but can't really afford to buy it at the full price. Is there any way I'm able to get a discount voucher or is it still available for a discount anywhere reputable? Help me RunnerGAF.

mf.luder

Picked the enhanced edition up on ps4 this black Friday

Which difficulty level is best to start with? Hard?

Also is there a way to make jump L1? I use that for Titanfall 2 and OW and it would suck if I have to keep it on the right bumper.

You can remap any button, go to the accessibility menu on PS4.

Ac30

I'm 2 hours into this game and despise it. Every weapon is trash and the normal zombies fucking tank hits. Waste of $20 so far. Any tips for crafting weapons? I had one decent weapon and it's out of repairs (of course there's a fucking limit)

Top Bottom