• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light IOTI A dead island on the mirror's edge.

FrsDvl

Damn wish i could afford it right now, been pretty excited about this game for a while. Hope to pick it up soon"ish". Unless the reviews are going to be super bad.

Any other Best Buy shoppers having trouble purchasing this online for in-store pick-up? Dafuq!

Yes. I had to go to the store at customer service and pre order. They said sometimes there is a limited number of pre orders. I said I doubt that is the problem. Anywho, got it done "in-store".

DOWN

Banned
Lord please tell me the 'Press O to skip' prompt doesn't stay visible for entire conversations and cutscenes

Xamdou

Guys is this anything like left 4 dead!? I am on fence right now... I can get it for $48 at bestbuy after gamer's unlocked discount and an extra $10 certificate for preordering as well as having Ninja and Secret Agent DLC.

Teknoman

Guys is this anything like left 4 dead!? I am on fence right now... I can get it for $48 at bestbuy after gamer's unlocked discount and an extra $10 certificate for preordering as well as having Ninja and Secret Agent DLC.

Its like Mirror's Edge X Dead Island.

HowZatOZ

Banned

No, not as arcade-y as Left 4 Dead. Think more Dead Island crossed between Mirror's Edge, like the OT title says. Zombies are slow during the day, but come nightfall they are super aggressive and "special" zombies come out to eat your face. Dying Light is a more fast-paced, observe then dive into the mix.

Krakn3Dfx

tumblr_nae8z1OJCG1tjf24fo1_500.gif
Hype intensifying.

Might stay up late to play a bit and just drink a pot of coffee tomorrow to make up for it.

Teknoman

GMG has a 20% off voucher until the 30th so I guess I'll wait until then to see if this game is worth the 37.50.

Where are you getting it for 37.50 on GMG unless you have some credit / arent in the US or something? 25% voucher knocks it to 45 bucks if you live in US.

Grisby

I wasn't impressed with Dead Island but the videos look good on this one. Zombies and parkour could make for an awesome time.

Will be heading out to buy in the morning.

The most interesting thing for me is being able to play the entire game coop online with 3 other people. Should make for some fun in splitting up, going out to scavenge for goods, then meeting back up., before dark lol.. Kinda like Dead Island...

I'm very excited for this game....

Got a link? Did he say that it was a sound port?

The link is a few pages back. I watched it for about 10 minutes, looked really solid. And he tweeted that it's a good game. Someone else posted the PC options and they look really solid.

Don't have time to link this all from my phone, but check the past few pages of the thread and you'll see it all there.

DOWN

Banned
And the nitpicking begins . . .

Oh please, like that isn't a glaring mistake.

What good reason would there be for it to stay on the entire time? Imagine if a move had 'Press >> to fast forward' for the whole thing. That's stupid and distracting.

Jobbs

Banned
caved and preloading on ps4.

see you guys in a few hours...

By the way, does anyone know the details of how the invasion system works? It can't be that substantive if it's preorder only.. can it?

Skyzard

Banned
Assume no FOV options. Techland has always been really weird about how they implement FOV and sometimes the fixes in their games tend to break the games.

Someone posted a screenshot before, there was an FOV slider just no numbers.

This dude jumped into be the zombie mode, he didn't try it out for too long last time (not sure there are many others to play against yet), very cool movement like spiderman:
http://www.twitch.tv/eatmydiction1

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Nice thread title.

Anyone know if its there an option to disable the radar or at least disable the zombies FOV in the radar?

Oh please, like that isn't a glaring mistake.

What good reason would there be for it to stay on the entire time? Imagine if a move had 'Press >> to fast forward' for the whole thing. That's stupid and distracting.

Haha wat?

What if it only came up for a second and you missed it, then didn't realize you could skip cutscenes for the whole game?

Don't be silly.

DOWN

Banned
Haha wat?

What if it only came up for a second and you missed it, then didn't realize you could skip cutscenes for the whole game?

Don't be silly.

Who the hell doesn't press the buttons to try and skip if they want to skip? Who just assumes you can't skip cutscenes when almost every game allows you to skip and/or shows the loading progress if you try and skip before it is ready. People are not as stupid as you are making excuses based on.

Who the hell doesn't press the buttons to try and skip if they want to skip? Who just assumes you can't skip cutscenes when almost every game allows you to skip and/or shows the loading progress if you try and skip before it is ready. People are not as stupid as you are making excuses based on.

You'll find there's a growing number of games that do not allow you skip nowadays.

Regardless, that's a very nitpicky thing to point out.

Edit: oh and my example was stupid too, complaining about a button or lack of a button explaining what to do in a cutscene is silly.

Top Bottom