• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2009 gifs/Photoshops Thread

SamBishop

Banned
BorkBork said:
Centaur gutting = I'm OK with.
Ripping the head off of a screaming humanoid and seeing the flesh tearing around his neck =Crossing the line for me.

Graphical improvements make it harder to stomach as well.

Where were all you guys when we were talking about that moment in italics when we saw all this a few months ago? Taken out of context, I've little doubt that it's ridiculously hardcore, but this is a game where you're a dude consumed with rage, and have, for the past two games, been ripping the eyeballs out of the sockets and tearing the wings off mythological creatures. Now it's happening to a god.

I'm not excusing things, and this will almost certainly get plenty of air time on Fox News for ruining our children, but... well, there's no but here. You wreck shit. In as brutal a fashion as possible. Is it excessive? Yup, but if ever there was an example of why M rated games weren't for kids... Again, no excuses here. Your job is to be Angsty McNeckTear, that's just what the games are about. I can understand it turning you off, but in the sense of pure gameplay enjoyment, you're kinda missing out. They've put some really fun stuff into this one -- stuff I was able to finally glean in tangible fashion by playing it a few days ago.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
mixedbiznes said:
2zhmj9j.jpg

2dc8gwm.jpg

a11htt.jpg
You just won this thread, sir.
There's no way in hell this is going to get beaten :lol

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
SamBishop said:
Where were all you guys when we were talking about that moment in italics when we saw all this a few months ago? Taken out of context, I've little doubt that it's ridiculously hardcore, but this is a game where you're a dude consumed with rage, and have, for the past two games, been ripping the eyeballs out of the sockets and tearing the wings off mythological creatures. Now it's happening to a god.

I'm not excusing things, and this will almost certainly get plenty of air time on Fox News for ruining our children, but... well, there's no but here. You wreck shit. In as brutal a fashion as possible. Is it excessive? Yup, but if ever there was an example of why M rated games weren't for kids... Again, no excuses here. Your job is to be Angsty McNeckTear, that's just what the games are about. I can understand it turning you off, but in the sense of pure gameplay enjoyment, you're kinda missing out. They've put some really fun stuff into this one -- stuff I was able to finally glean in tangible fashion by playing it a few days ago.

I can only speak for myself, but I wasn't paying attention at earlier times. I'm not a fan of the franchise, so I have little knowledge of it as unveilings and previews are contained in their respective threads. But after perusing the various e3 threads and watching the conferences, it's a little hard to ignore. I don't have an aversion to gore, but those gifs are personally disturbing, and I really can't help the way I feel. I don't have an agenda of accusing the game of desensitizing kids to violence. I don't care at all. It's just gross when I see the gifs pop up.

Forceatowulf said:
How the hell can a "fan of the GOW series" say something like that? Do you even remember what were in those games? Sex mini games, ripping the heads off various monsters, decapitating humans, bashing a mans brains in with a door, bare breasts galore, sawing into a mans stomach with a sword repeatedly, bashing a mans head in on a stone tablet etc etc etc

Do you have fucking amnesia? The only difference in the gore now is that it's more detailed than before. That's really it.

The majority of them are just using it as an excuse to rag on a game they have never played or even plan to play. Period.

A million times yes.

SamBishop said:

:D Got a great point. As a GOW fan I don't want them to tone it down, I want them to tone it straight up.

Man seriously... this is some of the funniest sh*t I've ever seen.

Almost as funny as the Peter Moore Rock Band photoshop thread a few years ago.

soldat7

BorkBork said:
Ripping the head off of a screaming humanoid and seeing the flesh tearing around his neck =Crossing the line for me.

RJT

Wolves Evolve said:
The appearance of the translator guy in the famous Execution on The Street photo represents the capacity for the bearing of witness to horror that is opened up underneath the contemporary digital economy. By superimposing the graphic violence of the execution with the nonchalance of the translator guy, the artist has spoken through to the core of the witness-act. "Who am I to stop this tragedy?", he seems to be saying. Understood as a triggering of historical discourses, the translator guy figures as a equivocator rather than bystander. The complex political force of the notepad gives up none of its ambiguity.

Photoshop File, .jpg format
$20,000
Post of the thread.

Ferrio

Banned
barkers crest said:

Hrmm, very creative. I see you took a bunch of random pictures from already popular shows and pictures and just stuck him in there with no reason to do so. Interesting, I like your style.

Anyone else up for running this meme into the ground?

JimiNutz

Banned
AniHawk said:
Bayonetta is incredibly gory. There's bloodsplatter everywhere and shit, things get skinned alive while you fight them, but the game is kinda silly with its gore. It doesn't take itself so goddamn seriously and it's just good fun. It's similar to No More Heroes in that way. When I see those GoW III gifs it's like watching a murder simulator. It's for those people who enjoy watching Hostel (and enjoy poorly-made action games).
BorkBork said:

For me GOW is a big silly OTT kind of game as well though. I think I'd maybe understand peoples opinions if this level of graphic violence was in a game like Heavy Rain which is supposed to be a realistic portray of the world, but GOW is just like a big dumb action movie kind of game, and when I see Kratos ripping out monsters eyeballs or peoples heads, it just make me laugh.

Even with the graphical improvements it still looks very much like a videogame to me and in no way realistic.
It reminds me of the violene in Sin City or something like that.

Sorry to take the thread of topic, I'll stop now.

Ferrio said:
Hrmm, very creative. I see you took a bunch of random pictures from already popular shows and pictures and just stuck him in there with no reason to do so. Interesting, I like your style.

Isn't that what this whole damn thread is or am I a moron?

Each picture has its own unique reason and meaning for translator guy being in there. If you don't get it thats fine with me. :D

Zanasea

Ferrio said:

Can these people exist?

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
jjasper said:
well shit I looked maybe the image is blocked at work or I am blind.
Don't worry, it was just a lame excuse for me to quote your picture and add... oh well, never mind ;)

mileS said:
did you not see page 6?
Well, it's a different joke after all.

bumpkin

jrricky said:
Those GOW gifs make me cringe. I will not have any fun with this game. People can seriously watch and play through that? Its getting way out of hand now. I hope this is the actual end of the franchise since graphics are bound to get more realistic and will get into SERIOUSLY DO NOT WANT territory.

Anyways, how did i miss this thread?:lol
Really? REALLY? God of War has always been about that primal bloodlust Kratos feels towards his enemies. If you think it looks too graphic then don't play it. The rest of us will be lovin' it!

...and if this game ends up getting censored/toned down because of P.C. pansies, oh man.

akakaze

Banned
Kotaku posted this too, but :

http://hatimaki.blog110.fc2.com/blog-entry-1097.html

There is a Japanese blog commenting on your "translator guy" photoshops, and some of the comments they're leaving are PRICELESS...

"I don't understand Gaijin sense of humor..."

"The [translator guy]'s expression is great! haha"

"Why do the Gaijins think this is so funny? I wonder if a Gaijin made the Deathnote [picture] too..."

bumpkin said:
Really? REALLY? God of War has always been about that primal bloodlust Kratos feels towards his enemies. If you think it looks too graphic then don't play it. The rest of us will be lovin' it!

...and if this game ends up getting censored/toned down because of P.C. pansies, oh man.
Indeed for the millionth time. I want to play as a raging psychopath that is Kratos, not a non blood thirsty scared to rip heads off pansy :D

Woffls

lennedsay said:
:lol Almost missed it.

Glad to hear it! That means my photoshopping isn't terrible.

As much as I'd love to continue photoshopping translator guy into films (not giving a fuck at the Fellowship's meeting) it might be getting a bit stale D':

Top Bottom