• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2009 gifs/Photoshops Thread

Even though the translator guy is stale now the subtle ones are still the best. The random ones are basically just pictures to me. Not good, not bad.

Love the Matrix one though. :lol

Woo-Fu

Banned
352j12b.gif

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
akakaze said:
Kotaku posted this too, but :

http://hatimaki.blog110.fc2.com/blog-entry-1097.html

There is a Japanese blog commenting on your "translator guy" photoshops, and some of the comments they're leaving are PRICELESS...

"I don't understand Gaijin sense of humor..."

"The [translator guy]'s expression is great! haha"

"Why do the Gaijins think this is so funny? I wonder if a Gaijin made the Deathnote [picture] too..."
:lol The feeling's mutual.

SappYoda

Translator guy reveal! SCEE EU Blog leaks its identity.

James Gallagher said:
Ha! I did see that meme on various sites - it made me laugh (I still refuse to lol!). Actually I know that guy quite well now and he is more than Kazunori’s translator; he is a member of the Polyphony Digital team who also speaks very good English.

EU Blog Post

Now we know who was they guy taking notes in the Forza 3 booth :lol

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
btw, wheres the best place (link) to view the press conferences streaming now?

I was at the show and missed the big 3....

Raist

Banned
John Harker said:
btw, wheres the best place (link) to view the press conferences streaming now?

I was at the show and missed the big 3....

GT has the Sony conference in good quality (didn't check the other ones). Gamespot has all 3 but it's crap.
If you have a PS3 the Sony conf is also available on the US store in 720p glory.

LRB1983

Banned
SappYoda said:
Translator guy reveal! SCEE EU Blog leaks its identity.

EU Blog Post

Now we know who was they guy taking notes in the Forza 3 booth :lol
Is he Tsubasa Inaba? He was mentioned as translator in some other Yamauchi related news.
http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/news/story?id=3045793
With Gran Turismo 5: Prologue captivating the Tokyo Game Show 2007 floor much the way it did in Leipzig, we took the opportunity to visit the Polyphony Digital studios and sit down with Gran Tursimo Producer Kazunori Yamauchi, with the man's personal translator Tsubasa Inaba on-hand for assistance.

Calcaneus

Guess its a "you had to be there" kind of thing, catching up on translator guy probably isn't as funny as witnessing him live.

-x.Red.x-

ever stop and think "Wonder what translation-san is thinking about his pics in GAF"

It will be funny if HE himself comes and posts
:lol

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
-x.Red.x- said:
It will be funny if HE himself comes and posts
:lol
I hope he posts some high resolution pictures of himself so we can make better 'shops.

Neiteio said:
On the contrary, he may experience a meteoric rise to stardom ala the "Reginator."

I love translator guy.

Not sure this is the kind of stardom that gets you promoted.

If anything, since he's Japanese, he was probably moved to the remote office at the North Pole, with just a desk and a small portable heater.

Poor guy!

RSLAEV

akakaze said:
Kotaku posted this too, but :

http://hatimaki.blog110.fc2.com/blog-entry-1097.html

There is a Japanese blog commenting on your "translator guy" photoshops, and some of the comments they're leaving are PRICELESS...

"I don't understand Gaijin sense of humor..."

"The [translator guy]'s expression is great! haha"

"Why do the Gaijins think this is so funny? I wonder if a Gaijin made the Deathnote [picture] too..."

Man If they can't look at these shops and see why translator guy owns then I feel bad for them.

jrricky

Banned
OK, I ventured into this thread again to see something new, but it seems liked GAF has beaten the translator meme into the ground already, it has gotten lame, so sad.
Turrican3 said:
rkpo5z.jpg

Here's my take on the subject. :)
OK, this is bad. Why is Miyamoto and Steven not wearing their wrist straps? :-/

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Grendel Naurlughir, a friend from another board, asked to post this:
wrmidd.gif

Alternate version:
vi2kih.gif

CTLance

Mama Robotnik said:
This is superb. This needs to be saved, revisited, expanded and adjusted year-after-year to include the best (worst) moments of each E3.
I agree, but there's very little space left.
I mean... it already needs the breakdancing Kudo Avatar somewhere.

Top Bottom