• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2009 PC Gaming Info Roundup

Cheeto

Master Thespian said:
I've always wondered this and have just never asked: Why don't any of the major fighting games come to PC (with the notable exception being SFIV)?
I'd imagine because the fighting community mostly plays Mugen.

dionysus

Yaldog
Mr.Potato Head said:
wow...the majority are console ports..how surpising. You know whats funny is that if it werent for consoles and Games for windows push...the pc would be dormant of good pc games besides the few pc exclusive gems

The PC has tons of games that have nothing to do with consoles. They are just not discussed much on a GAF, which is a console focused forum. Nor are most of them graphical showcases.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Ahh my favorite gaming platform at the moment :D

Xavien said:
I completely agree with this, it pretty much allows for most of the HD console "exclusives" to be on PC and us PC gamers get the best of both worlds :D

agreed.

Seagoon said:
.... All we need Forza 3 (unlikely :lol ) and the PC will be the platform of forever.

Yeah, I'm a bit puzzled why Turn 10 is not developing Forza 3 for the PC. This seems like it'd be a good candidate for dethroning the current crop of racing sims currently on PC.

C'mon Che, isn't there a way of persuading Turn10 to bring FM3 to Windows?

kittoo said:
I am surprised that nothing was announced about Halo 3 PC or Fables 2 PC or Gears 2 PC. Damn!!!!!!

Yeah, hopefully these will see the light of day some day.

K.Jack said:
I'm probably the only one who's still holding onto the hope for FFXIII on the PC.

You're not the only one. I would LOVE a PC port of this as well.

What would REALLY make me do backflips in the nude though, is a Ridge Racer game for the PC.

Shard said:
Yea, before anybody gets too excited about a new Metal Gear PC Game...

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PortingDisaster

On that note, is there actually a patch to make the PC version of MGS2:S work on Vista? The game runs at a single-digit framerate on my old WinME PC, but doesn't work at all on my newer Vista one, so I was never really able to play it... it would be nice to. I looked for fan-patches several times, but only found graphics ones, not Vista ones, if there actually are any. :(

Anyway, good luck with Starcraft II being 2009. Yeah... I hope so, but we'll see... this is Blizzard after all. :)

Still though, whenever it comes out, I'm there day (or at least week) one. It's the only absolute must-have game of the year.

isamu said:
You're not the only one. I would LOVE a PC port of this as well.

Well the fact that we now know that the Crystal Tools engine is now fully up and running on the PC has certainly increased the chances of this by a fair amount. Its practically free money.

evil solrac v3.0 said:
http://adrianwerner.wordpress.com/games-of-2009/

why hasn't this dumbass been banned yet?

Don't bother with that guy, I've had a few run ins with him in the past and he is totally batshit insane No point trying to argue with sense and logic, he's way above those concepts.

Oh, and for those that aren't completely stupid, the reason that PC exclusives haven't ahd any coverage yet is the simple fact that E3 hasn't started yet. There's no big "PC" conference, so most of the good stuff is actually revealed during the actual conference, not before.

Oh, and I've just put in a preorder for the Sims 3, I've not touched it since the original base game and the Eurogamer review peaked my interest so when I saw that g2play were selling EADM codes for £19.50 I decided to bite.

Between APB, The Old Republic and FFXIV I think I'm going to finally jump into an MMO within the next year. With so many big MMO launches set to hit, I can see many others doing the same. They still scare me a little but between those three there seems to be something for everybody.

brain_stew said:
Well the fact that we now know that the Crystal Tools engine is now fully up and running on the PC has certainly increased the chances of this by a fair amount. Its practically free money.

Don't bother with that guy, I've had a few run ins with him in the past and he is totally batshit insane No point trying to argue with sense and logic, he's way above those concepts.

Oh, and for those that aren't completely stupid, the reason that PC exclusives haven't ahd any coverage yet is the simple fact that E3 hasn't started yet. There's no big "PC" conference, so most of the good stuff is actually revealed during the actual conference, not before.

Oh, and I've just put in a preorder for the Sims 3, I've not touched it since the original base game and the Eurogamer review peaked my interest so when I saw that g2play were selling EADM codes for £19.50 I decided to bite.

Between APB, The Old Republic and FFXIV I think I'm going to finally jump into an MMO within the next year. With so many big MMO launches set to hit, I can see many others doing the same. They still scare me a little but between those three there seems to be something for everybody.

I suppose i can get my blod boilinga few times a day... :D
one question, is it possible to use a pre-paid card with an MMO?

Grayman

evil solrac v3.0 said:
I suppose i can get my blod boilinga few times a day... :D
one question, is it possible to use a pre-paid card with an MMO?
do you mean a prepaid credit card or a game time card for that specific game?

anyways it varies with every game and sometimes by country. If it is a visa or whatever it should work though.

Grayman said:
do you mean a prepaid credit card or a game time card for that specific game?

anyways it varies with every game and sometimes by country. If it is a visa or whatever it should work though.

yes, a pre-paid. i REAAAALLy don't want any more charges to my cards after fighting so hard to pay them off. but i really want to try an MMO, Final Fantasy looks like a good candidate?

Grayman

evil solrac v3.0 said:
yes, a pre-paid. i REAAAALLy don't want any more charges to my cards after fighting so hard to pay them off. but i really want to try an MMO, Final Fantasy looks like a good candidate?
I think you'll be fine as long as the card works everywhere else that visa does. Don't chop your first card though, sometimes you can end up needing old credit card info if you have to talk to a billing department about anything years down the road.

It is hard to say if FF will be a good first game or not. World of Warcraft would be considered very friendly to new players but lots started to play with games that are considered much less friendly to new players and had fun with them. Final Fantasy XI would be considered hard to start out with but that would have been lots of players first mmo. I would suggest trying games that are new though, you will have more chances to interact with people.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
OCT 22nd for W7? Damn i guess thats when i will be looking to upgrade my system and switch to an SSD OS HDD. I can only hope the tech has gotten better by then and cheaper :lol

Glad we have a final date now.

MS can fuck right off, they well and truly stuck two fingers up at the pc gaming crowd. From me, this is hard to say, but there needs to be another OS with strong gaming support.

They need to be punished *clenched iron fist* :D

Minsc

Gold Member
Johann said:
http://e3.gamespot.com/story/621042...-of-2009-call-of-duty-expanding-to-new-genres

Acti-Blizzard said the beta will be latter this Summer followed by the game's release.

Yes, to be more specific:

Blizzard CEO Mike Morhaime said:
“We’re targeting an end of year release—this year—for StarCraft 2, but as always, we won’t release it until it meets our standards and the expectations of our players.”

Blizzard has said numerous times they will not release the game until it is ready. I also think they will not release Starcraft 2 until they're in the position to release the two expansions both within a year apart.

Yay borderlands

Hazaro said:
Lookin good, some of the models are... Highly stylized though :lol
Love what I am seeing with the weapons though.

Old-Style .gif's: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=15981152&postcount=68
351x3c9.jpg

And the new screens!

2nusumw.jpg

msz9g.jpg

jzh27o.jpg

4fy3yc.jpg

igb405.jpg

1zyuir6.jpg

29aqh6e.jpg

Grayman

fizzelopeguss said:
MS can fuck right off, they well and truly stuck two fingers up at the pc gaming crowd. From me, this is hard to say, but there needs to be another OS with strong gaming support.

directx has gained too much traction now. Unless another OS gets directx PC gaming off of windows won't get full support.

Minsc

Gold Member
fizzelopeguss said:

What crawled up your butt? Maybe it's nice to live in a dream world, but any OS that reaches the amount of users Windows does, will have far worse support than Windows.

Things don't really seem any worse than they used to be, and with Windows 7, PC gaming should take a bit of a step forward.

fizzelopeguss said:

please start making more sense.....

Minsc said:
What crawled up your butt?

I thought this was pretty obvious, microsoft did, the only reason i use windows is for the games, therefore it'd be nice if the competion would allow me to not support a company that has all but abandoned computer gaming.

Minsc

Gold Member
fizzelopeguss said:
I thought this was pretty obvious, microsoft did, the only reason i use windows is for the games, therefore it'd be nice if the competion would allow me to not support a company that has all but abandoned computer gaming.

Well, good luck with that. I can see there's no point in taking this any further.

So I was just watching the live show for gamespot and the Bad Company 2 guys said it was 'coming to the PC this time' unless I heard wrong.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Front Mission: Evolved is coming for the PC. Third-person Wanzer action!

Square-Enix is definitely looking for interest from the PC crowd.

It'll be a Steam game.

ArjanN

vandalvideo said:
So I was just watching the live show for gamespot and the Bad Company 2 guys said it was 'coming to the PC this time' unless I heard wrong.

Yes, that's correct, Bad Company 2 is coming to PC.

Grayman

I think I am going to pickup the SF4 with a controller, hopefully get the parts to build my stick, then trick my friends into thinking we are playing on a console.

Grayman said:
I think I am going to pickup the SF4 with a controller, hopefully get the parts to build my stick, then trick my friends into thinking we are playing on a console.

I've already got a Saturn USB ready but I wouldn't mind one of those SFIV pads for XBLA games if they sell the bundle in the UK. There's no preorders for the pack over here in the UK but hopefully it hits. Still, the game seems to be launching at £20 in the UK which is awesome.

fizzelopeguss said:
Nice, great find dude. I love technical read-ups like this.

Same, I think it gives you a better appreciation of the work and care that goes into a game. Gives you a good insight into the thinking behind the choice of certain visual effects. Really cool for a game like Street Fighter IV as well given the fact it has such a stylized, and uses modern techniques to achieve it.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
brain_stew said:
The PC version of Street Fighter IV is looking on course:

Thanks for that post. SFIV is looking hot. Any word on a possible spectator mode?

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
fizzelopeguss said:

WTF are you raving about? Windows 7 increase framerate performance across multiple games isn't enough for you?

Top Bottom