• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2009 S-E FFXIV Q&A Thread

Talamius

No porting of characters eh? Bail out of XI if you're still playing.

Edit: Did they just ignore the beta question? :lol

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
No PlayOnline, wow. So the only one left now is freaking Konami with their crappy Konami ID.

Datrio

"We believe that players will fall in love with the world & story that we have created."

YES! Best piece of info EVER!

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
Q: "If I'm new to the MMO genre, why would I choose FFXIV over other games?"

A: ... and that tie! Tasty!

Hobbun

duckroll said:
There isn't one. Last year's "Square Enix Press Conference" was just a Q&A for FFXIII 360 too.

Oh, that’s nice. Epic fail for two years in a row, SE. Dammit, I wanted to hear a DQ IX release date.

NeoForte

IGN: 12:18p.m.: The session is ending. The audience claps and heads to the front to take photos of the Square-Enix team.

guess shows over :/

Corum

disappeared said:
Characters will have "Hit Points" and unless those are replenished after battles, you will die.

unfunfunf.jpg

Firestorm

Good question.
"WoW kicks the shit out of FFXI. What makes you think WoW won't kick the shit out of FFXIV?"
"The story in our MMO"

Datrio

disappeared said:
Characters will have "Hit Points" and unless those are replenished after battles, you will die.
Wow, they really announced it? That's a new thing, right? We didn't know about this?

Square Enix redeemed!

duckroll

Quazar said:
duckroll, you going too play XIV?

I dunno, a little too early to say. I don't generally play MMOs, so maybe not. Don't really know enough about the game to answer that really. I'm definitely interested in Yoshida's contribution to the game, but outside of that there really isn't any draw right now. Maybe if it looks interesting enough and I feel like playing a MMO next year I will.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
12:31
Q: I've been seeing information that the title is free to play, is this true?
A: No pricing has been decided at this time. It is still TBD.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I'm late to this thread, but let me get this straight: They're holding a Q&A with reporters but are giving almost no concrete answers? So either they're dicks, or they've been working on the game for four or five years (as they say) and still have no idea about basics like battle system and classes.

Which is it, SE? Dicks or morans?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
12:31 - Q: I've been seeing information that the title is free to play, is this true?

belvedere

Junior Butler
XIV completely different plus same.

The game is completely different. There will not be any XI character transfers to XIV. However, the character design is familiar and XI players will be able to create a similar character.

Shadow780

Who asks this stufF?:lol

"12:31
A: No pricing has been decided at this time. It is still TBD. "

WTB info on game the Q&A is about.

duckroll

Danthrax said:
I'm late to this thread, but let me get this straight: They're holding a Q&A with reporters but are giving almost no concrete answers? So either they're dicks, or they've been working on the game for four or five years (as they say) and still have no idea about basics like battle system and classes.

Obviously you didn't see the Q&A for FFXIII 360 last year at E3! :lol

Firestorm

MetatronM said:
I had to check to see if this was your joke answer or actual answer.

Gilgamesh

Shadow780 said:

Who asks this stufF?:lol
G4 Guy :lol

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
Q: "I've been seeing information that the title is free to play, is this true? "

A: "No pricing has been decided at this time. It is still TBD. "

And that's a wrap. What a waste of time.

batbeg

"That last one about pricing was mine, by the way"

:lol Awesome work G4, awesome work.

What a dumb fucking question, but at least it brought up the subject of pricing... which still came to nothing/

Otheradam

What a waste of time. It seems like its too early for them to talk about anything related to the game, yet have a Q and A anyway knowing this fact.

h3ro

SE took announcing an announcement to the next level.

They had a press event to announce that they'll have a press event to announce shit.

sciplore

Boring, I was thinking of going back to 11 later this year but with new one coming up I wonder if its even worth it :/

Brandson

Danthrax said:

If you've ever followed press conferences by the FFXI team before, this is typically how it goes. Lots of "no comment", "we are looking into doing X or not doing X", and "I/we don't know". It might be better if they didn't even bother with questions and just forced themselves to talk about the game unprompted for an hour.

Hobbun

BrandNew said:
ughhh what a waste of time

It was a waste of fucking time in just being a Q & A session for FF XIV, even if the questions were good. No offense meant to the ones who want XIV, but they should have announced some games/given concrete release dates for already known games, as well.

Top Bottom