• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2009 S-E FFXIV Q&A Thread

Carlisle

Josh7289 said:
It will launch on PS3 and PC for sure. They are still looking at other platforms to release it on (360, Mac, Linux, etc.).

So it may end up launching on all five, who knows.
They said at the Sony conference that the only console it would be on is PS3. So if they're looking at other systems, then Mac and Linux maybe, but it sounds like 360 is out the window unless Jack was premature. And if he was, there's no way any of us would know.

God's Beard said:
I wonder if they'll keep the leveling down system. Because MMOs aren't stressful enough as it is.

There always needs to be significant incentive for players to not want to die. If they can come up with a way to accomplish this that is less depressing than losing exp/leveling down them I'm all for it.

spwolf

Josh7289 said:
No.

It will launch on PS3 and PC for sure. They are still looking at other platforms to release it on (360, Mac, Linux, etc.).

So it may end up launching on all five, who knows.

At least your criticism isn't so rage-ful, and I can understand where you're coming from.

yea, just like MGS4 did :D

Probably PS3/PC then 360 down the line.

EDIT: The word exclusive means nothing, everyone should know that by now. At least when a third party says it.

360 is not guaranteed but it has too be a serious possibility. More so than Mac or Linux is I'd wager.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Venin said:
I'm disappointed they stopped short of announcing anything else they have planned. I was looking forward to hearing about some new RPG's. Kingdom Hearts, Dragon Quest, PERHAPS A NEW CHRONO GAME FINALLY; anything but Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy, and more Final Fantasy would have been great.

I enjoy the occasional Final Fantasy game, and I'm even excited to hear about a new MMO for the series, and I'm even glad they talked about it at their "conference," but I'm not so fond of the idea of turning their conference into a Q&A session. I feel gipped.
Square wasn't even going to HAVE a conference as of a few days ago. They were added to the schedule like this weekend or something.

That should have been indication enough they weren't planning on talking about a whole ton of new stuff.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
MvmntInGrn said:
Probably PS3/PC then 360 down the line.

EDIT: The word exclusive means nothing, everyone should know that by now. At least when a third party says it.

360 is not guaranteed but it has too be a serious possibility. More so than Mac or Linux is I'd wager.
If 360 down the line then make it so we can okay together.

This game has been in development for PS3 and 360 since the beginning, and information supporting this has trickled out on several occasions since . It's far, far more likely that there's an exclusivity window for PS3 than that Sony was actually willing to pay the amount of money that it'd cost to make the game PS3-only forever.

Anyone getting themselves worked up into an excited lather about how great it is that this is a PS3-exclusive announcement needs to come back down to earth about it. The game's gonna be on 360 eventually.

Quazar

Said Hashimoto, "Some folks interpreted the announcement as being an exclusive, but we wanted to make sure that the announcement was that the game is coming to the PS3 and PC, and in terms of Microsoft products and all other hardware we are considering all options at this time."

^^It is sort of weird how he didn't say anything about exclusive launch either.(Tretton aside)

PC/PS3 wins either way

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
This is a game that I don't want to be exclusive. It's an mmo, the more players the better. A timed exclusive is fine if they're just taking time porting or trying to figure out how to do it for 360 users without a large harddrive, but in the end I want as many people playing it as possible.

Aeana

An MMO exclusive to the last-place console sounds like a great idea if you don't want anybody to play with. It's in the best interest of anybody who's actually interested in the game itself and not just its title for the game to be available on as many platforms as possible, as more players is always better in an MMORPG.

Quazar said:
^^It is sort of weird how he didn't say anything about exclusive launch either.(Tretton aside)

It's not really that different from all the other games that have gotten a weird is-it-or-isn't exclusivity shuffle this generation. Sony wants people to think of PS3 as the place to play FF14, so they've paid a modest sum for exclusive marketing rights for X amount of time. The same thing happened with Assassin's Creed in the opposite direction, and we all saw how that played out.

LowParry

Aeana said:
An MMO exclusive to the last-place console sounds like a great idea if you don't want anybody to play with. It's in the best interest of anybody who's actually interested in the game itself and not just its title for the game to be available on as many platforms as possible, as more players is always better in an MMORPG.

In Japan, it's a great idea. Elsewhere, not so much.

Lain

Aeana said:

Well, it's not like it being on PS3 and 360 would make the player base all that much bigger. It's it being on PC that really matters the most.
But yeah, whoever bitches about it not being exclusive is a retard. MMORPGs are better when they are on more platforms (as long as they are connected and able to play together).

firex

CcrooK said:
In Japan, it's a great idea. Elsewhere, not so much.
In Japan, this post makes no sense. Elsewhere, it makes even less sense. It makes negative sense. You now owe us all something that makes sense, instead of defending the honor of your set top box that doesn't care about you.

Feep

Banned
Waiting in line for this thing sucked, but I met the CUTEST girl while waiting. I got her number afterwards, so that was good.

Anyway, when they said "All right, you can ask your questions now", NO ONE moved. I mean, no one. It was embarrassing...so I said FUCK IT
in my head
, and stood up and asked whether or not this world was tied to Vana'diel in any way. They said no (good answer), and then like six people got up simultaneously to ask questions. No one wants to be first, I suppose. :D

Anyway, yeah, they were quite tight-lipped, and it was a little disappointing, but there was delicious food to be eaten at the end, and like I said...cute girl. :D

Quazar

Feep said:
Waiting in line for this thing sucked, but I met the CUTEST girl while waiting. I got her number afterwards, so that was good.

Anyway, when they said "All right, you can ask your questions now", NO ONE moved. I mean, no one. It was embarrassing...so I said FUCK IT
in my head
, and stood up and asked whether or not this world was tied to Vana'diel in any way. They said no (good answer), and then like six people got up simultaneously to ask questions. No one wants to be first, I suppose. :D

Anyway, yeah, they were quite tight-lipped, and it was a little disappointing, but there was delicious food to be eaten at the end, and like I said...cute girl. :D

Sounded like a good time.

Did they do any separate interviews after panel was over?

Teknoman

Feep said:

in my head

Yup, school characteristics carry over way after graduation :lol

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Aeana said:

Maybe SE needs Beta users? The PS3 platform would be great for that. Real launch will with the inevitable 360 version :O

Top Bottom