• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2009 S-E FFXIV Q&A Thread

traveler

Not Wario
Wow. If Square aren't ready to show or say anything at all on the game- which they clearly aren't- why even announce it here?

Lucis

Hobbun said:
It was a waste of fucking time in just being a Q & A session for FF XIV, even if the questions were good. No offense meant to the ones who want XIV, but they should have announced some games/given concrete release dates for already known games, as well.

gtfo hater

Jaruru

traveler said:
Wow. If Square aren't ready to show or say anything at all on the game- which they clearly aren't- why even announce it here?

every big comp hold conf @ E3
SE: we need one as well. just BS around...

Tucah

you speak so well
I don't understand why they had a Q&A if they couldn't actually say anything about the game.

traveler

Not Wario
Anonymous Tipster said:
Bu bu bu PS3 Exclusive!

But, and funnily enough, the only thing that did really come out of this (besides PlayOnline info) was that it's NOT going to be an exclusive, so even if it was revealed early specifically to generate hype for Sony, there wasn't a point, as it's not after all. :lol

Oh well. Always TGS, I suppose.

Surreal

traveler said:

Well that one fight scene in the trailer was real-time. I guess that counts as something.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
duckroll said:
Obviously you didn't see the Q&A for FFXIII 360 last year at E3! :lol

I did not, no :lol

Brandson said:
If you've ever followed press conferences by the FFXI team before, this is typically how it goes. Lots of "no comment", "we are looking into doing X or not doing X", and "I/we don't know". It might be better if they didn't even bother with questions and just forced themselves to talk about the game unprompted for an hour.

that's... ridiculous. I hope GAF learns its lesson and completely ignores their "press conference" next year. Hell, I hope all the journalists do, too.

Hobbun

Kirashi said:
gtfo hater

No, you GTFO if you have a problem with my post. I have just as much right to be here as anyone else. Excuse me that I want to hear about upcoming games and release dates from SE, than a Q & A session on ONE game.

near

Gold Member
Hobbun said:
It was a waste of fucking time in just being a Q & A session for FF XIV, even if the questions were good. No offense meant to the ones who want XIV, but they should have announced some games/given concrete release dates for already known games, as well.

Concrete release dates for what though? Aside from DQIX there is nothing else to expect this year from S-E outside Japan, that hasn't been dated.

Vinci

Danish
vandalvideo said:
Sounds really familiar......

e3-2009-ea-live-blog-20090601041210471-000.jpg

HOYEAH!

My mind would be boggled, acrobatically mangled, if their story comes anywhere close to the immensity that Bioware is attempting with the Star Wars MMO.

Josh7289

Hobbun said:
No, you GTFO if you have a problem with my post. I have just as much right to be here as anyone else. Excuse me that I want to hear about upcoming games and release dates from SE, than a Q & A session on ONE game.
No, not really. This is a FFXIV Q&A. If you don't like FFXIV, then gtfo because you're wasting your time and our's.

Hobbun

Airkiru said:
Concrete release dates for what though? Aside from DQIX there is nothing else to expect this year from S-E outside Japan, that hasn't been dated.

Well really, that is what I wanted. A concrete date on DQ IX.

Nolan.

Danthrax said:
I'm late to this thread, but let me get this straight: They're holding a Q&A with reporters but are giving almost no concrete answers? So either they're dicks, or they've been working on the game for four or five years (as they say) and still have no idea about basics like battle system and classes.
Which is it, SE? Dicks or morans?

I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case, I would hope not though.

Shadow780

Josh7289 said:
No, not really. This is a FFXIV Q&A. If you don't like FFXIV, then gtfo because you're wasting your time and our's.

They changed it at the last minute to FFXIV only Q&A, I can see why he's mad.

Atrus

Gold Member
Vinci said:
My mind would be boggled, acrobatically mangled, if their story comes anywhere close to the immensity that Bioware is attempting with the Star Wars MMO.

Actually it would be the other way around. FFXI holds the crown and it's up to Bioware to challenge it.

Hobbun

Josh7289 said:

Yes, really. Considering it wasn’t even confirmed by SE until the end that it was a FF XIV Q & A session. If it’s wasting your time, then don’t bother to answer. But I have a legit complaint as SE just didn’t give any press conference, period.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Josh7289 said:

Which is funny seeing how the biggest time waster was FFXI! Whole lotta' wasted time all round'.

Josh7289

Shadow780 said:
I thought it was to be expected that this was going to be about FFXIV.

Seriously, it's the biggest thing SE announced in the past couple days, and it had virtually no details previous to this Q&A.

And even before FFXIV, we knew the press conference/Q&A would be about Rapture.

Quazar

duckroll said:
I dunno, a little too early to say. I don't generally play MMOs, so maybe not. Don't really know enough about the game to answer that really. I'm definitely interested in Yoshida's contribution to the game, but outside of that there really isn't any draw right now. Maybe if it looks interesting enough and I feel like playing a MMO next year I will.

Yea, guess I'm in the same boat. The old XI player in me wants to jump in though. Hopefully we can get a neogaf crew together from the start.

duckroll

Shadow780 said:

No, they didn't change it at the last minute. To clarify, here's what happened last year AND this year.

- S-E generally does not have an E3 press conference for their line-up. They just show the games on the show floor, they don't have their own panel.

- At the last minute, they will insert a press conference into the schedule with a vague description of "Square Enix Press Conference" as in a press conference by Square Enix.

- This is because there's a major announcement being made at one of the first party conferences, and they want to have a press Q&A to clear things up.

- Last year it was FFXIII 360, this year it's FFXIV. They obviously can't schedule it as 'FFXIII 360 Q&A' because that would give the surprise away.

That's basically how it goes. It doesn't make it any better, because it does confuse people and create stupid expectations, but hey those are the facts.

Lucis

Hobbun said:
Well really, that is what I wanted. A concrete date on DQ IX.

Ya there is, July 11th.

Some times I feel that some people here are so hardcore onto something, but they refuse to learn something to be able to enjoy what they so feverishly desire. DQ IX isn't going to be the last RPG that comes out in japan first btw.

Anyways gonna shut up about this matter.

Lionheart said:
I'm sure it will be at launch. There's a reason it was at Sony's conference and not at MS's. Yes, it will be coming to Xbox 360 in the future, but for now I'm sure it'll be timed exclusive at first. I mean, what other reason is there to not mention X360 on its site at all, while MS gets so much support from them and when they already have MMO experience on Xbox 360?

its not exslusive at all

"Following up on the surprise announcement of Final Fantasy XIV for PlayStation 3, Square Enix has clarified that, despite what Sony said yesterday, the upcoming MMORPG is not necessarily a PlayStation 3 console-exclusive and could very well end up on Xbox 360.

"We are considering all options at this time," Square Enix senior VP Shinji Hashimoto stated, via translator, at a press conference today. He stressed that FFXIV should not be considered a PS3 exclusive, noting that "all options" includes Microsoft hardware. "

link

Nolan.

Broadbandito said:
its not exslusive at all

"Following up on the surprise announcement of Final Fantasy XIV for PlayStation 3, Square Enix has clarified that, despite what Sony said yesterday, the upcoming MMORPG is not necessarily a PlayStation 3 console-exclusive and could very well end up on Xbox 360.

"We are considering all options at this time," Square Enix senior VP Shinji Hashimoto stated, via translator, at a press conference today. He stressed that FFXIV should not be considered a PS3 exclusive, noting that "all options" includes Microsoft hardware. "

link

Which confuses me a tiny bit...why the hell would sony do that knowing the option is well and truely open... did they not learn last time.? Maybe they just like setting themself up for a fall. Crazy.

OokieSpookie said:
Tretton never said it was exclusive, he said you will play it first on PS3.
People try way way too hard.

Watch the conference again or at least when he introduces it...

Shadow780

duckroll said:
No, they didn't change it at the last minute. To clarify, here's what happened last year AND this year.

- S-E generally does not have an E3 press conference for their line-up. They just show the games on the show floor, they don't have their own panel.

- At the last minute, they will insert a press conference into the schedule with a vague description of "Square Enix Press Conference" as in a press conference by Square Enix.

- This is because there's a major announcement being made at one of the first party conferences, and they want to have a press Q&A to clear things up.

- Last year it was FFXIII 360, this year it's FFXIV. They obviously can't schedule it as 'FFXIII 360 Q&A' because that would give the surprise away.

That's basically how it goes. It doesn't make it any better, because it does confuse people and create stupid expectations, but hey those are the facts.

WTH, okay.

dark_chris

disappeared said:
Characters will have "Hit Points" and unless those are replenished after battles, you will die.

I for one, like this. It adds realism. Its like as if you were wounded badly in battle and just bleedin.

-Kh-

Banned
I want to join the hate train going on in this thread:

Where is my Final Fantasy V for DS???? Damn SE, I hate them!

Venin

I'm disappointed they stopped short of announcing anything else they have planned. I was looking forward to hearing about some new RPG's. Kingdom Hearts, Dragon Quest, PERHAPS A NEW CHRONO GAME FINALLY; anything but Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy, and more Final Fantasy would have been great.

I enjoy the occasional Final Fantasy game, and I'm even excited to hear about a new MMO for the series, and I'm even glad they talked about it at their "conference," but I'm not so fond of the idea of turning their conference into a Q&A session. I feel gipped.

Josh7289

Azrael said:
It will launch on PC/PS3. Other hardware down the line. So it is a timed exclusive.
No.

It will launch on PS3 and PC for sure. They are still looking at other platforms to release it on (360, Mac, Linux, etc.).

So it may end up launching on all five, who knows.

Venin said:
I'm disappointed they stopped short of announcing anything else they have planned. I was looking forward to hearing about some new RPG's. Kingdom Hearts, Dragon Quest, PERHAPS A NEW CHRONO GAME FINALLY; anything but Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy, and more Final Fantasy would have been great.

I enjoy the occasional Final Fantasy game, and I'm even excited to hear about a new MMO for the series, and I'm even glad they talked about it at their "conference," but I'm not so fond of the idea of turning their conference into a Q&A session. I feel gipped.
At least your criticism isn't so rage-ful, and I can understand where you're coming from.

Loudninja

Josh7289 said:
No.

It will launch on PS3 and PC for sure. They are still looking at other platforms to release it on (360, Mac, Linux, etc.).

So it may end up launching on all five, who knows.

No its not launching on all 5.

Top Bottom