• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2010 Schedule and News Summary -- JUNE 15-17

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
Johnanderson said:
Here's a calendar a Gaffer made , could be in the OP as well:

http://e32010.shorturl.com/
Most (not all) of the US is in daylight-saving time, not standard time. The labels in the calendar and the OP are wrong. The event are scheduled in PDT (not PST) and all time zone conversions should be based on that. It's a minor correction but will probably cause some confusion if not fixed.

Empty

man. so close. that week is going to be amazing; E3, World Cup and just after the euroland launch of Galaxy 2. can't fucking wait.

Rikyfree

I'm pretty easy to please this year. Just more info on KZ 3 and I'll be happy. My only hope out of left field is some info on HL2 Ep 3.

I think this E3 will be less about beating the other conferences, and more about not looking like a fool while introducing your own new hardware. For each of the Big Three.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
raiden,,, is back

Request: Could some links for spoiler free conference videos be posted in the OP for after they've aired? I have exams during Sony and Nintendo and without GAF being lovely and providing me with a sure way of not encountering spoilers I don't think I'll be able to find a stream without dodging the headlines. I know lots of other people are in my position too.

I was going to start a new thread for that, but it seems appropriate here. Unless of course people feel like a seperate thread for such a thing would be better.

Denzar

Woow! First E3 on GAF. Looking forward not being able to follow anything in the threads! :D

Also, MS broadcasting the Natal Conference during Sony's E3 presser...

jax (old)

Banned
wii is disconnected from tv. only care about new zelda

sony. some interest in move. If demon souls is moved. might be interesting. no interest GT5. Some neat titles leaked/sequels. Hmmm. Last guardian please

X360. gears3. bring it. Dunno what else they have. 0 interest fable3. 0 interest in natal

Capcom/Konami. Bring it.

not much else. I'm hoping to see some awesome exclusives but that said, this year, I'm probably not staying up to watch the conferences.

I have exams on the 14th, 15th and 16th so I'm probably going to miss every single conference.

What a brilliant way to spend my first GAF E3.

D:

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Deepack said:
Woow! First E3 on GAF. Looking forward not being able to follow anything in the threads! :D

Ahh yes, where everything is posted 20 million times in the span of a second.

am83cx.jpg

Kandinsky said:
The lack of Epic Mickey love/hype makes me sad D:
Its going to be there right? RIGHT?!?!??!?

This and 3DS is what I'm most looking forward to.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Can we have a separate podcast thread like last year? Seemed to work out quite well, a nice dedicated place to go for updates.

I hope weekend confirmed does a few :D and the Giant Bomb ones are always gold.

Mr Cola said:
Can we have a separate podcast thread like last year? Seemed to work out quite well, a nice dedicated place to go for updates.

I hope weekend confirmed does a few :D and the Giant Bomb ones are always gold.

Garnet said they would not do an episode every day. They would try to get one in on tuesday after the conferences, and then one friday.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Anyone want to take a stab at a rough estimate guessing how much of Sony's E3 material has been leaked or already shown?

I think most of it is already known, maybe about 60% or two thirds. I do love surprises however.

Rooting for PSP2 announcement and maybe a new Halo title from Microsoft.

Dani said:
Anyone want to take a stab at a rough estimate guessing how much of Sony's E3 material has been leaked or already shown?

I think most of it known, maybe about 60% or two thirds. I do love surprises however.

There is technically only 1 leak: Motorstorm 3. All the rest are official announcements

Edit: Even Motorstorm 3 is planned for official revealing soon on some website.

Dani said:

I think most of it is already known, maybe about 60% or two thirds. I do love surprises however.

Rooting for PSP2 announcement and maybe a new Halo title from Microsoft.

Not a lot has been leaked. One game is lower then the last few years. I think the reason for all the announcements before E3 is because they have bigger, and more important things, to focus on during the conference. Be it Move supported games, casual and hardcore, as well as PSN+ and PSP games. They have a lot to discuss.

We're not going to hear about Halo 4 from 343 this E3. They already have Gears 3 and Reach to talk about, which is more then enough at the moment. Personally I still believe that the 343 project is not going to be released on the 360, but rather on the next console in 2014.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Johnanderson said:
There is technically only 1 leak: Motorstorm 3. All the rest are official announcements

Edit: Even Motorstorm 3 is planned for official revealing soon on some website.

It seems like this year they put a lot of focus into revealing important titles early, looks like an attempt to thwart leaks and gain control of the situation, especially compared to previous years - and they're doing a good job of it.

Vinterbird said:
We're not going to hear about Halo 4 from 343 this E3. They already have Gears 3 and Reach to talk about, which is more then enough at the moment. Personally I still believe that the 343 project is not going to be released on the 360, but rather on the next console in 2014.

I didn't say Halo 4, I was quite specifically not naming it as I don't expect it. By Halo title, I meant a spin-off non-FPS, something like Halo Wars 2 for example.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Deepack said:

Is the Natal thing on Monday a new conference, or is it just the broadcast of the MTV 'advertorial' filmed at the Sunday event?

If the former, somebody should reschedule :p

JJConrad said:
Most (not all) of the US is in daylight-saving time, not standard time. The labels in the calendar and the OP are wrong. The event are scheduled in PDT (not PST) and all time zone conversions should be based on that. It's a minor correction but will probably cause some confusion if not fixed.

Everywhere I look I see PST not PDT. But sure, I can add PDT to the timezone list easily. I'll add it when I get home.

OMG Aero

gofreak said:
Is the Natal thing on Monday a new conference, or is it just the broadcast of the MTV 'advertorial' filmed at the Sunday event?

If the former, somebody should reschedule :p
Yeah, I'm confused about the Natal things too. All the gaming news sites I read refer to the Natal event on Sunday but Gametrailers says they are streaming it live on the Tuesday.

1-D_FTW

SailorDaravon said:
Fuck, really dude?

That would be a good plan if GAF wasn't going to 500 error on you anyway :lol

It really didn't have many problems last year (and maybe even the last couple years.) Go back into the archive and read the conference threads. The 360 thread in particular was fantastic. There were a couple prominent members who were high on E3's aroma and made for a very entertaining read.

Metalmurphy said:
Everywhere I look I see PST not PDT. But sure, I can add PDT to the timezone list easily. I'll add it when I get home.

Because no one ever types out PDT. PST is just an all purpose abbreviation for Pacific time. And almost everyone is forced into the ass backwards daylight saving bs. So it's just assumed everyone is on it when referring to time zones.

I can see where it would cause problems for international people using time zone converters though.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
There are a few other events I wanted to note.

There's also the live-streamed Konami event at 1.00pm PST on Wednesday, June 16.

The livestream is here: http://www.konami.com/e3

There's also that Activision pseudo-conference on Monday, June 14, at around 7.00pm PST/10.00pm EST: http://investor.activision.com/index.cfm

EA has a similar analyst meeting on the 16th, but I'm unsure if they will really have anything there since they have an actual press conference as well: http://www.vg247.com/2010/06/04/ea-to-webcast-e3-analyst-meeting/

OMG Aero

1-D_FTW said:
Because no one ever types out PDT. PST is just an all purpose abbreviation for Pacific time. And almost everyone is forced into the ass backwards daylight saving bs. So it's just assumed everyone is on it when referring to time zones.

I can see where it would cause problems for international people using time zone converters though.
So the times on Gametrailers page here are actually UTC-7 instead of -8?

gumshoe

Banned
I am most excited about Zelda Wii, 3DS and castlevania. I also think that Sony will shock many by announcing a 3D PSP

1-D_FTW said:

The thing I don't get though, the times on all other timezones match up, and I didn't re-organize them all manually, google does that all I have to do is choose the time-zone so the times are still correct no? oO

American timezones are so confusing

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
OMG Aero said:
Yeah, I'm confused about the Natal things too. All the gaming news sites I read refer to the Natal event on Sunday but Gametrailers says they are streaming it live on the Tuesday.

Looking at the Gametrailers preview it's pretty clear it is the MTV 'thing' filmed on Sunday, that's broadcasting on Tuesday.

I think when Gametrailers means 'live' they mean concurrent with the TV broadcast.

That makes a bit more sense. As someone who wants to see as much of the live stuff as possible, that would have been a bad schedule clash, if it were a new live conference.

Top Bottom