• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2010 Schedule and News Summary -- JUNE 15-17

Relix banned me from the GAF IRC last E3. I think it was during the SC:C presentation. :lol

I have class from 12:30-3:00 on Tuesday, and participation is mandatory. Why does god hate me? :(

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Jason's Ultimatum said:
Relix banned me from the GAF IRC last E3. I think it was during the SC:C presentation. :lol

I have class from 12:30-3:00 on Tuesday, and participation is mandatory. Why does god hate me? :(

:lol

If you have a smartphone you can try a IRC app =P

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Konosuke said:
500x_112005968.jpg

http://kotaku.com/5557045/hideo-kojima-collaborating-with-square-enix

Holy Shit. ZOE3 outsourced to the Front Mission guys?

EDIT: Nevermind, I forgot about the Peace Walker crossover. My hype sensors are too sensitive.

More playarts figures, mang.

pakkit

Banned
Gamestop has a 5 day online deal where you get $40 trade in credit for turning in your Wii Balance Board. That's a hard deal to shake, but I'm curious if they know something we don't regarding Balance Board support this E3...

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Relix said:
Exactly one week away from E3. Hype. HYPE. =P
You're still missing the other press conferences. :p

I feel at least the Konami one is notable, since that's a livestream and targeted toward gamers.

There are a few other events I wanted to note.

There's also the live-streamed Konami event at 1.00pm PST on Wednesday, June 16.

The livestream is here: http://www.konami.com/e3

There's also that Activision pseudo-conference on Monday, June 14, at around 7.00pm PST/10.00pm EST: http://investor.activision.com/index.cfm

EA has a similar analyst meeting on the 16th, but I'm unsure if they will really have anything there since they have an actual press conference as well: http://www.vg247.com/2010/06/04/ea-to-webcast-e3-analyst-meeting/

Shred0r

Banned
hey, is there on gaf a "best of moments of E3" thread already created? i just checked the article over at n4g on this topic and there are some funny comments being made...

E3 2009. Kojima and Mattick on stage...
Mattrick: Kojima-san, we are honored to welcome the Metal Gear franchise on the Xbox 360. We cant wait to see what the next game holds for Solid Snake.
Kojima: Hold on! I didnt say anything about Solid Snake.

classic.

"It's Ridge Racer!"
*no applaud just one "wooooh"*
hm maybe nobody heard me.
"RIIIIDDGEEEEEE RAACCCEEEEEER"
*no applaud*

It's going to be insane on the show floor this year. Can't wait to get my hands on 3DS, LBP2, Other M, and other crazy ish that pops out of nowhere. :D

operon

Jason's Ultimatum said:

What is the gaf irc channel for E3

TheOddOne

operon said:
First Rule: You don't talk about GAF E3 irc channel.
Second Rule: You don't talk about GAF E3 irc channel.
Third rule: You don't fucking talk about GAF E3 irc channel.

Really, the mods disapprove of this.

ReiGun

operon said:
I dont think we're allowed to talk about it in threads really. I know the mods definitely don't want people linking to it. Or at least that's how it was last year.

operon

TheOddOne said:
First Rule: You don't talk about GAF E3 irc channel.
Second Rule: You don't talk about GAF E3 irc channel.
Third rule: You don't fucking talk about GAF E3 irc channel.

Really, the mods disapprove of this.

do pms count

operon

ReiGun said:
I dont think we're allowed to talk about it in threads really. I know the mods definitely don't want people linking to it. Or at least that's how it was last year.

no problem.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Yeah, stop the IRC talk =P. There is a channel for E3 specifically but it's not GAF/mod approved and Evilore was very specific in avoiding IRC chatter in the forum. This happened last year and the previous too with people asking about it. Stop. It's somewhere out there though! =P

Anyway, back on topic, I find it a bit assholish that Microsoft is doing Natal just at the same time as Sony. That's a bit cheap, I don't know.

Relix said:
:lol

If you have a smartphone you can try a IRC app =P

I don't have a laptop either, so no sitting in the back browsing GAF. Eff me in my stupid ass. I'm going to run to the library and get on the computer right after class. Seriously, dude. :lol

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Relix said:
Anyway, back on topic, I find it a bit assholish that Microsoft is doing Natal just at the same time as Sony. That's a bit cheap, I don't know.

It's the MTV thing...they probably have little flexibility about when it airs, probably had to take what was offered them pretty much.

Besides which, for the type of person who watches these conferences, I imagine the MTV thing will offer little new of substance over the MS conference the day before.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Interesting rumour:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=249901

LucasArts is busy creating a next-gen Star Wars: Starfighter game - and could even reveal it at E3.

That's according to a US publishing source close to the Californian company, who today told CVG that a title is being readied for Xbox 360 and PS3.

The air combat/action Starfighter series was released in two iterations on PC, PS2 and Xbox.

The original game saw players protect Naboo from an invasion. Official PlayStation Magazine awarded the title 9/10.

A LucasArts spokesperson told us today that the news was "rumour and speculation".

Frillen

Jason's Ultimatum said:

So what happens if you're not there? Do they kill you?

Taurus

gofreak said:
LucasArts is busy creating a next-gen Star Wars: Starfighter game - and could even reveal it at E3.

That's according to a US publishing source close to the Californian company, who today told CVG that a title is being readied for Xbox 360 and PS3.

The air combat/action Starfighter series was released in two iterations on PC, PS2 and Xbox.
Does.not.compute.

The original game saw players protect Naboo from an invasion. Official PlayStation Magazine awarded the title 9/10.
What about some real review sites? :lol

My first E3 ever was '06.
I've spent the last two E3s with GAF, but this time, I'm finally a member.
Note: It doesn't really make a difference. People go crazy in those threads, everyone just posts "HOLY FUUU" and nobody's post gets read, it's awesome.

I think I might take a week off GAF to not get as Hyped.

I have to get out of school on Monday though, whatever the cost.

E3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shred0r

Banned
Sony's E³ reveal:
mandatory install for all upcoming games - it's being advertised as a feature
MS' E³ reveal: Halo - Aftermath
timed exclusive
BigN's reveal:
Super
Zelda
Kart

Speaking of Sony's reveal i found this imho funny comic i made some years ago when the topic was hot at that time regarding that game that went multi-plat the for the first time...
Take it with humor! Sorry for the crappy quality. You gotta save it and zoom into into to better make out whats written there...

Just some useful notes for the OP...
- First, the time for the Sony press conference is incorrect. After Nintendo announced their extended duration, Sony delayed the start of their conference to 12:00pm PDT, so journalists would not need to rush to get between the two conferences. I wouldn't put too much stock into IGN or Gametrailers times right now, since they have been terrible at keeping their times up-to-date. (Gamertell's times seems to be more updated)

- The calender is a nice start, but the World Clock can be a friend to all (Copied from my E3 thread post on another site):
Microsoft Press Conference - Monday, June 14th 10:30am PDT <World Clock>
Nintendo Press Conference - Tuesday, June 15th, 9:00am PDT <World Clock>
Sony Press Conference - Tuesday, June 15th 12:00pm PDT <World Clock>

EA Press Conference - Monday, June 14th 2:00 pm PDT <World Clock>
UbiSoft Press Conference - Monday, June 14th 5:00 pm PDT <World Clock>
Valve Press Conference - Monday, June 14th 7:00 pm PDT <World Clock>
Activision Press Conference - Monday, June 14th 9:00 pm PDT <World Clock>
Konami Press Conference - Wednesday, June 16th 1:00pm PDT <World Clock>

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Zero-Crescent said:
- First, the time for the Sony press conference is incorrect. After Nintendo announced their extended duration, Sony delayed the start of their conference to 12:00pm PDT, so journalists would not need to rush to get between the two conferences. I wouldn't put too much stock into IGN or Gametrailers times right now, since they have been terrible at keeping their times up-to-date. (Gamertell's times seems to be more updated)

- The calender is a nice start, but the World Clock can be a friend to all (Copied from my E3 thread post on another site):
Nintendo Press Conference - Tuesday, June 15th, 9AM PDT <World Clock>

Will use this then. Thanks a lot.

Garjon

Few questions:

1. Which pressers are definitely going to be livestreamed? I remember one or two conferences that were supposed to be streamed live became liveblogged only.

2. Is Microsoft for real trying to overlap it's Natal conference with Sony's? I thought that was just a Spike timing error - I really can't think of another real reason why Microsoft would want this.

3. Is it true that Rockstar moved their presser a week earlier or was that just a silly rumour?

The next four days are going to go by very slowly :(

Garjon said:
Few questions:

1. Which pressers are definitely going to be livestreamed? I remember one or two conferences that were supposed to be streamed live became liveblogged only.

2. Is Microsoft for real trying to overlap it's Natal conference with Sony's? I thought that was just a Spike timing error - I really can't think of another real reason why Microsoft would want this.

3. Is it true that Rockstar moved their presser a week earlier or was that just a silly rumour?

The next four days are going to go by very slowly :(

1. The Big 3 all will be, definitely. They always are. Konami's is too, not sure about the others.

2. Yes.

3. Rockstar cancelled their presser, I thought?

Garjon

^I noticed the sites that rumoured the presser, yeah that's not happening.

I was kinda hoping the EA one would be streamed again, especially if the mudslinging at Activision is present as it was at last year's Gamescom:D

E3 excitement building! :D
Can't wait for the press conferences!

Put together a logo today for the E3 thread over on GRcade (UK gaming forum):

2psm82q.jpg

Zero-Crescent said:
Nintendo Press Conference - Tuesday, June 15th, 9AM PDT <World Clock>
Gah, extremely minor change (Doesn't affect anything, just my perfectionist tendencies), I forgot to change Nintendo's written time format to match the others (9AM to 9:00am). I edited my previous post to reflect this change. Relix, if you want, you can fix it in the OP anytime.

ryan-ts

Looks like I'll be at work for every conference except for Sony.

Guess the Nintendo Megatons will have to wait until I get home.

Feep

Banned
Zero-Crescent said:

Nintendo Press Conference - Tuesday, June 15th, 9:00am PDT <World Clock>

Valve canceled their press conference.

Omiee

Relix said:
Yeah, stop the IRC talk =P. There is a channel for E3 specifically but it's not GAF/mod approved and Evilore was very specific in avoiding IRC chatter in the forum. This happened last year and the previous too with people asking about it. Stop. It's somewhere out there though! =P

its not microsoft its spike or gt.com doing that

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
GarthVaderUK said:
E3 excitement building! :D
Can't wait for the press conferences!

Put together a logo today for the E3 thread over on GRcade (UK gaming forum):

2psm82q.jpg

That's pretty awesome. :lol

You need translator dude though.

selig

Banned
darkpaladinmfc said:
Man it's gonna be a loooong week. Can't even play SC2...

seriously. Why did the e3- and zelda-topics have to be started today? im in full-e3-hype-mode now thanks to that :/

Garjon

Omiee said:
its not microsoft its spike or gt.com doing that
It could be both, this was likely one of the terms of the deal they brokered recently.

I've searched around and I can't find anything concrete to show that any of the conferences will be live streamed, outside of the Big Three and Konami, although G4 are claiming they'll have live coverage of the EA and Ubi pressers, whatever that entails.

Feep said:
Valve canceled their press conference.
I've been leaving it on there due to how they "canceled" it. Rather than simply saying that it was canceled, they furrowed a lot of brows by giving the "cancellation" from the perspective of GlaDOS, and saying that it was "replaced by a surprise," the details of which are still pretty fuzzy (When will the "surprise" be unveiled? How will it be unveiled?).

JB1981

Kinda weird but I am most excited to see Gears 3 and Killzone 3 footage. HYPE!!!!

Any word on potential God of War 3 DLC? :(

Top Bottom