• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2012 Bingo Thread - Get Hype!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
This thread is following up to 2011 E3 Bingo Thread, so I want to rile up people and get hype for E3 2012.

My gut is telling me that this e3 will be so good. There are good and bad rumors about Wii U. Rumor about Microsoft trying to focus on their own services and application instead of their games according to our beloved analyst. Also we know that Sony are trying to awe us because they need us to pull them out of their bad spot. They already said that there will be 20 games for demo at the stages. Will this e3 become our best e3 or will it fail? It's up to us to decide that.

Anyway, I am not sure if it's right time to make thread for e3 or not since we are almost three weeks away from E3. I'm going to post it now. If moderator think it's too early then you are welcome to lock it until a week before e3. Once again, I apologized for any inconvenience because I am too hyped for e3.

Credit to BY2K for the rules and templates.

Templates

LDRYh.jpg

Rules:

- Each row should have Easy, Medium and Hard predictions;
1.Easy Predictions are things already announced/confirmed (Project Cafe, for example).
2.Medium Predictions are rumours and leaks. (Peace Walker for PS3, for example).
3.Hard Predictions are speculations and pure fantasy. (Super Smash Bros. Strife, for example.)

Thanks to anyone helping me making this more interesting.

Also I would add that it's up to people to make any kind of bingo based on e3. It can be ubisoft e3, general e3 bingo, nintendo bingo, sony bingo, microsoft bingo and etc.

Example from 2011 Bingo

wiEnR.jpg

ku457.jpg

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Gah, those Bingo Cards I made are so... amateur-ish.

Be happy that it is way better than mine. I was so embarrassed with my work. I plan to make it way better this time. I am sure that you would do same thing.

They barely started working on it three months ago. I doubt the game will be out before Dec 2013.

I agreed. I hope that their target date would be end of 2014 or spring 2015. I really want them to take their own time.

Hey You

Easy: Black Ops 2 Gameplay at MS E3 Conference
Medium: Grand Theft Auto V release date announcement
Hard: Debut of Bungie's new Game

Well here's my bad one that I got kinda bored of making half way through. Left is likely to happen and the more right the more unlikely it is to happen.

bade3bingo.png

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Brawl had been in development since October 2005, so about 6-7 months worth of work. SSB4 has only been in development for 2 months.

Yeah, Exactly. That's why I am going to add SSB4 to my bingo as hard prediction. I knew it would be impossible to happens with only two months of work.

Edited: How irony, I am going to put Sony Brawl new characters as easy prediction.

mclem

I *will* be doing my random bingo card generator again this year. Indeed, I was planning to roll out the thread next weekend; wanting to take more input from GAFfers this time rather than going through cutting up images by hand like I did last year.

Last year's still can be found at http://urchin.earth.li/~matt//e3bingo.htm if you want to play with it. Play with the dropdown at the bottom; I've got a few ideas for improvements.

I think I'll be setting up a google docs document so people can submit their suggestions for entries or offer to do graphics representing them.

Edit: In fact, I'll get on that now. Makes sense to try to accumulate information as early as possible.

Mindlog

A whole prop bet system would be great.

Over/under on the number of times we hear the words:
Momentum
Experience
Exclusively

mclem

Okay, knocked up a quick google docs spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuSVCdr_KOJwdEViRW1FU3B0ZVhJZmI2RjU0YUs4Ync . If you want to submit suggestions for my E3 bingo card generator, add them to that; I believe I've done permissions correctly. Similarly if you're willing to make 128x128 images for any of the existing entries (a few of my own, plus some taken from this thread)

Note at the bottom the tabs for the three conferences or 'General'.

cj_iwakura

Some(ok, lots of) wishful thinking, some likeliness.

cjbe3.png

Legend:
Row 1: Persona 5(PS3/360), Soul Hackers Localization (3DS), Maximum Tune 4 (PS3/360/PC), Virtue's Last Reward(3DS/PSV), Pandora's Tower US(Wii)
Row 2: Persona 2 Eternal Punishment(PSP), Dreamcast Revival, Shenmue III(PS3/360), Contra 5(3DS), BlazBlue3(PS3/360)
Row 3: Guilty Gear (XBL/PSN), Sakura Wars Localization(PSP), [Free], World of Darkness(PC), NWoD Mage RPG (PC)
Row 4: Reiji/Xiaomu title(???), Project X Zone Localization(3DS), SRT OG Saga EF Exceed Localization(DS), DJ MAX Technika Tune (PSV), Ace Attorney Investigations 2 Localization (DS)
Row 5: Wizardry sequel (PSN), Dangan Ronpa Localization (PSP), Conception Localization(PSP), Growlanser IV(PSP), Tron Bonne 2 (???)

Metallix87

I was eagerly anticipating this thread!

I think relatively safe predictions are Vita price drop and God of War Vita.

3vOCZ.jpg

Top: Mr. Caffine Returns | Gaf 500 Errors | More Focus on Wii U Console | Tales of Localization | Retro Studios Project is Starfox
2nd Row: Infamous 3 | Kingdom Hearts Collection | PASBR Character Reveals | Ape Escape 4 | Banjo-Threeie
3rd Row: Snowboard Kids 3 for Wii U or 3DS | Zack & Wiki Sequel | Free | Kingdom Hearts 3 not @ show | Gears of War Reveal
4th Row: Professor Layton Localization | Nintendo "Wins" E3 | Persona 5 | Resonance of Fate Sequel | Pandora's Tower Localization
Bottom: No Half-Life @ Show | TiTS Sequel PSN only | Jak & Daxter Reveal | Grand Theft Auto V shown | Self Explanitory

RedSwirl

Some(ok, lots of) wishful thinking, some likeliness.

cjbe3.png

Legend:
Row 1: Persona 5(PS3/360), Soul Hackers Localization (3DS), Maximum Tune 4 (PS3/360/PC), Virtue's Last Reward(3DS/PSV), Pandora's Tower US(Wii)
Row 2: Persona 2 Eternal Punishment(PSP), Dreamcast Revival, Shenmue III(PS3/360), Contra 5(3DS), BlazBlue3(PS3/360)
Row 3: Guilty Gear (XBL/PSN), Sakura Wars Localization(PSP), [Free], World of Darkness(PC), NWoD Mage RPG (PC)
Row 4: Reiji/Xiaomu title(???), Project X Zone Localization(3DS), SRT OG Saga EF Exceed Localization(DS), DJ MAX Technika Tune (PSV), Ace Attorney Investigations 2 Localization (DS)
Row 5: Wizardry sequel (PSN), Dangan Ronpa Localization (PSP), Conception Localization(PSP), Growlanser IV(PSP), Tron Bonne 2 (???)

Do localizations usually get announced at E3? On top of that, half the things on your list are more likely to be TGS announcements.

I can already spot four or five things that have already been confirmed WON'T be at E3.

They barely started working on it three months ago. I doubt the game will be out before Dec 2013.

They could only show a short teaser just to hype the crowd about the stuff that they have in the pipeline in 2013 and beyond, for that purpose it doesn't matter whether it's going to be released a year away.

Top Bottom