• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2012 Bingo Thread - Get Hype!

wnzka.png

My Nintendo predictions.

Shurayuki

The thing about posting situational stuff that wasn't that funny when it was happening is that it hardly makes sense a month after...
but since it was already made, here...

binn64go_nothingeqpot.png

mdtauk

I disagree, unless you're making a card specifically for the press conference announcements.

Well the Bingo cards can be conference specific, or for all of E3, but you cant start ticking off boxes until the conferences start at least. Not before E3 has even started!

mclem

Well the Bingo cards can be conference specific, or for all of E3, but you cant start ticking off boxes until the conferences start at least. Not before E3 has even started!

But y'see, that means that box is invalid. If something is announced before E3, it can't be announced *during* E3, meaning that box can never be ticked off.

Kazerei

Banned
But y'see, that means that box is invalid. If something is announced before E3, it can't be announced *during* E3, meaning that box can never be ticked off.

I don't really think that's fair. As long as the bingo card was made before the announcement, I don't see the problem.

mclem

You usually do not get the bingo card days before playing the game

I guess that's true, but that does heighten one other issue with not allowing this: So much stuff is being leaked right now, how do you make a bingo card that has a chance without having *too much* of a chance?

I think it's best to stick with a card made up of suggestions from before they were known, and be true to that card, even if things have become known since then.

(I'm hoping my generator will get by that by relegating all the things we know to 1-pointers, so other guesses will fill out the harder spaces making the card still interesting without being trivial)

mdtauk

I guess that's true, but that does heighten one other issue with not allowing this: So much stuff is being leaked right now, how do you make a bingo card that has a chance without having *too much* of a chance?

I think it's best to stick with a card made up of suggestions from before they were known, and be true to that card, even if things have become known since then.

(I'm hoping my generator will get by that by relegating all the things we know to 1-pointers, so other guesses will fill out the harder spaces making the card still interesting without being trivial)

In my case I made my cards about a week ago for each conference, but as things get confirmed, I replace them with other ideas we do not know about. Don't want to make it too easy.

mclem

Okay, WIP update for the bingo card generator!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuSVCdr_KOJwdEViRW1FU3B0ZVhJZmI2RjU0YUs4Ync

People have done a good job of adding entries, but things are a little light on the images; that's not a huge problem since the text should still work, but it might not end up being a very *visual* card.

A number of the images aren't coming with explanatory text. The alt-text on the image will be the string at the left, so the information will be there, but text would help too.

I've cross-referenced many with last years' images and reused some old ones if they're appropriate. It'd also be handy to know if there's anything I've missed that's now pretty much certain - as indicated above, I'd like to keep including them, but reduce the difficulty to '1'.

You can ignore the magic squares section and all the complicated stuff over on the right; that's just me setting myself up for easy data entry into the application when necessary.

It's also the last call for adding any further entries. I'd suggest Microsoft's section is a little sparse, and Sony could do with a few more - while Nintendo has absolutely tons. Bear in mind that each group will be consolidated by the General section, too. I'd like to go live on Friday, so there's a bit of time over the weekend for last-minute tinkering, but hopefully I should be able to get the generator up and running before the E3 OTs go live.

daegan

After the Game Informer announce today and confirmation the next Gears will be at E3, I am on fire. Hopefully the Quantic Dream rumor was real. (BTW - After the feedback, I'm not counting the Bungie space because while the title was "revealed", we still don't know definitively if it is an MMO. Also the TR news and Gears news were E3 related; that one wasn't. But who knows?)

3vOCZ.jpg

Top: Mr. Caffine Returns | Gaf 500 Errors | More Focus on Wii U Console | Tales of Localization | Retro Studios Project is Starfox
2nd Row: Infamous 3 | Kingdom Hearts Collection | PASBR Character Reveals | Ape Escape 4 | Banjo-Threeie
3rd Row: Snowboard Kids 3 for Wii U or 3DS | Zack & Wiki Sequel | Free | Kingdom Hearts 3 not @ show | Gears of War Reveal
4th Row: Professor Layton Localization | Nintendo "Wins" E3 | Persona 5 | Resonance of Fate Sequel | Pandora's Tower Localization
Bottom: No Half-Life @ Show | TiTS Sequel PSN only | Jak & Daxter Reveal | Grand Theft Auto V shown | Self Explanitory

2 Down. Really hope some of my "not gonna happens" actually happen

mclem

It is done! 2012 E3 conference bingo card generator can be found at http://bit.ly/KG7vFM . There's a dropdown at the bottom to pick the particular conference you want; I'll try to update the defaults after each conference so it's constantly up-to-date, but if not, you can pick your own.

I'd recommend going for one 'normal' and one 'cruel' card for each conference; normals might possibly be a little too easy, we'll see how it pans out.

You're whole bottom row was bound to happen. They were all pretty much a sure thing. Wasn't it supposed to be things that you never expected in every row?

I wasn't personally expecting representation from Japan or for SmartGlass to be true, which was leaked after I made the card IIRC.

Top Bottom