• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2014 App Live on PS4, Download Now

So this app started with a commercial, a tutorial with some kid of cute Japanese mascot creature which required me to hit X a dozen times to make go away, and finally opened up a web browser window to watch the video, and then the video crashed.

Great fucking job Sony.

Luckily I have a PC and an HDMI cable. Flawless victory.

This app ended up being obnoxious for 2 reasons.

First, an unskippable ad for Amazon Prime when you start it.

Second, the app didn't even have it's own video player. Instead it just open up the browser to steam videos.

What is this app even for?

I'll be pissed if I open this shitty app at 12 noon and all the beta sign ups are taken while I'm forced to watch this stupid fucking Amazon Prime ad.

Noks415

This app was an absolute fail on so many levels. I feel bad for the people who were actually relying on this to watch the conference.

Maybesew

Anyone doing any of the Sony Rewards stuff? I'm wondering if its worth the time to explore around the app for rewards points

clear31

Yup. It's easy.

You don't even have to wait for sites to load up for them to count as having been visited.

I only have the watch all playstation game videos. Do they mean just the trailers or what because some games have behind the scenes, etc

see5harp

I tried going through to all of the pages. Man, this thing did not work for the conference and it's essentially a link hub to their own website and you tube videos. What can you even buy with the rewards points that would make clicking through this thing worth it?

Got my 250 points last night. Pretty easy.

I tried going through to all of the pages. Man, this thing did not work for the conference and it's essentially a link hub to their own website and you tube videos. What can you even buy with the rewards points that would make clicking through this thing worth it?

They sell games as well as PSN cards on their Rewards site: 1000 points for a $10 card, 2000 for $20, etc. There was a $5 card for 500 points, but it said it was sold out when I looked yesterday.

And everyone should link their PSN account to Sony Rewards so you can earn points when you buy games. They'll add up so you can get a free PSN card after a while.

The app itself isn't that great, but the Live @E3 stream is pretty cool. It's got some lengthy interviews with devs making PS4 and Vita games, showing a lot of gameplay, etc. I just watched some cool interviews on Hohokum and Counterspy.

I tried using this app last night. It was not long before I discovered that everything I did just opened a page on the web browser. I actually laughed out loud. What a joke of an app. I guess it will be good for some people who don't have computers or something. I'd REALLY laugh if Sony finally came out with a Youtube app for PS4 and all it did was open the Youtube website in a browser when you ran it.

Top Bottom