• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2014 | Schedule, General Information, and FAQ

Seems like Beyond Good and Evil 2 probably won't be announced at this year's E3. Ubisoft Montpellier are working on both Assassin's Creed Unity and Valiant Hearts. I don't see them going on full production with the game just yet.

Just over 24hrs until the festivities begin.

I'm so excited.

When the presser threads go up, can someone please PM me the details for the individual IRC chats. (I'll be at work. Damn work...)

I'm worried about the quality of the streams from the PS4 ign app. Their video player quality on their website is renowned as being one of the worst. Plus I doubt twitch.com works that well on the PS4 browser.

Volotaire

I'm worried about the quality of the streams from the PS4 ign app. Their video player quality on their website is renowned as being one of the worst. Plus I doubt twitch.com works that well on the PS4 browser.

What other consoles have you got? Is the GT/Youtube app available on the PS4? Also you could try Gamespot's site, but they may take the feed directly from twitch.

Riki

Damnit SpikeTV, why no Sony press conference? :/

I'll be at work so I can't watch the conference, and I was hoping to DVR it but nevermind :(

Microsoft is paying for prime time spots with their conference.
It's expensive and, honestly, not worth it. Spike's audience isn't big enough for Sony to bother.

in past years I've watched the conferences at GT.com but it looks like the Twitch stream is the better place to catch all the news. it this correct?

Volotaire

in past years I've watched the conferences at GT.com but it looks like the Twitch stream is the better place to catch all the news. it this correct?

Gametrailers will only have a stream Day One. So if we compare the Twitch and Gametrailers streams on day one, presumingly your discounting the other streamed websites that links are hosted on the twitch home page, then Twitch won't have as many exclusive demos/reveals glancing at their lineup. Looking at GT's lineup, it far outstrips it. Plus they have some great corespondents such as Jack Tretton and many interviews. But, the Twitch schedule is quite ambiguous with its 'post show' description. There could be a number of exclusive demos in there.
If you are not discounting the Twitch links to Gamespot, it might tip in their favour.

Monday 6/9 PT

9:30am – Xbox E3 2014 Media Briefing
11:00am – Xbox E3 2014 Media Briefing Post show
11:30pm – Hotline Miami 2 (Dennaton Games/Devolver Digital)
12:00pm – EA World Premiere: E3 2014 Preview
1:00pm – Battlefield Hardline Live Stream
2:00pm – EA World Premiere: E3 2014 Post show
2:30pm – Battlecry (Bethesda)
3:00pm – Ubisoft 2014 E3 Media Briefing
4:00pm – Ubisoft 2014 E3 Media Briefing Post show
4:30pm – Witcher 3 (CD Projekt RED)
5:00pm – Dying Light (Techland)
5:30pm – Final thoughts
6:00pm – PlayStation E3 2014 Press Conference
Tuesday 6/10 PT

Bolded are Twitch's first day games

Argh, I need sleep but I'm afraid something is going to happen while I'm away XD.

I expect to wake up to a 100 page thread titled "Kotaku: Half-Life 3 is probably not really happening maybe who knows".

Volotaire

Argh, I need sleep but I'm afraid something is going to happen while I'm away XD.

I expect to wake up to a 100 page thread titled "Kotaku: Half-Life 3 is probably not really happening maybe who knows".

Ah, it's the calm before the storm, you won't miss much today.

abundant

Microsoft is paying for prime time spots with their conference.
It's expensive and, honestly, not worth it. Spike's audience isn't big enough for Sony to bother.

MS isn't paying for Prime Time spots, their conference is in the morning, not during Prime Time. You are right about Sony though, the same thing applies to Ubisoft as well.

Last year I watched E3 from the original streams. There were some buffering/pausing/restarts. How was twitch in regards to stability last year?

thenexus6

Question! Not sure if answered but I don't have xbox live gold anymore will I still be able to download the app and watch the conference live?

Volotaire

Question! Not sure if answered but I don't have xbox live gold anymore will I still be able to download the app and watch the conference live?

Internet Explorer, Skype, OneDrive, OneGuide, GameDVR, Upload Studio and Twitch broadcasting will also now be free to all.
So you'll be able to stream via Twitch and IE! (Depending on whether you have a 360 or XB1). But you also have the option on the 360 of the GT app (if it's free).

The paywall for a large number of services was removed from Microsoft a month ago.

Here's a clearer pictures.

EDIT!!!!!!!

I'm not sure if the paywall has been removed yet. At the bottom of the picture it says June.

179794-08%20xbox%20live%20digital%20poster-s16_final_620.jpg

Riki

MS isn't paying for Prime Time spots, their conference is in the morning, not during Prime Time. You are right about Sony though, the same thing applies to Ubisoft as well.

Ah that's right. I keep thinking MS is later in the day than it is.
But yeah, paying to broadcast your gaming event, commercial free at that, isn't worth it to anyone but MS. And even then, it rarely works in their favor.

IMACOMPUTA

Why does the OP say Microsoft's conference is on the 9th and Sony, ea, and ubi are on the 10th, and then on the schedule say that they're all on the 9th???

Rosur

Why does the OP say Microsoft's conference is on the 9th and Sony, ea, and ubi are on the 10th, and then on the schedule say that they're all on the 9th???

There all on the 9th in the US...

Also anyone know of any site Live-blogging Microsoft's conference? As will be heading back from work when its on but still want to catch it live.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Just a mistake. I've corrected that now. The schedule should be correct.

Benslammin

Neo Member
Would it be ok if someone who is on the Neogaf Steam Group invite me so I can be apart of the chatroom during the press conferences?

I am still new here so I don't have any friends from here on steam that are apart of the group.

My steam id is BenJamming

Okay, so there's no place to hype the BEST THING about freakin NeoGAF at E3, I understand. GAF died for me now at E3 times, it's really sad. I wish the mods would have open my disappointing e3 thread for a little while longer...

Okay, so there's no place to hype the BEST THING about freakin NeoGAF at E3, I understand. GAF died for me now at E3 times, it's really sad. I wish the mods would have open my disappointing e3 thread for a little while longer...

Yeah, I guess its for the sake of discussion and to prevent pointless filler, but that pointless filler is fun! It's a shame they want to make GAF E3 time more boring to have better discussion. At this point in time hype is better than discussion, at least in my opinion.

Yeah, I guess its for the sake of discussion and to prevent pointless filler, but that pointless filler is fun! It's a shame they want to make GAF E3 time more boring to have better discussion. At this point in time hype is better than discussion, at least in my opinion.

Discussion? do you see any discussion about Nintendo@E3? There are almost zero discussions about E3 and of course no hype. That's the thing, with no Megathreads there is nothing to discuss about... Whoever decided that completely ruined the fun E3 times we love about NeoGAF, good job stranger. Seriously, there's no reason for this and there's nothing to defend.

Also I get tears when I read this:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=111638827&postcount=2464

Let's just HOPE the actual E3 will be great. Otherwise this will be the worst E3 ever.

Yeah, it's pretty disappointing we didn't have any hype threads this year.

Ah well, doesn't matter too much. So long as the conference threads are put up as early as possible so the IRC details are available before GAF goes down.

Yeah, it's pretty disappointing we didn't have any hype threads this year.

Ah well, doesn't matter too much. So long as the conference threads are put up as early as possible so the IRC details are available before GAF goes down.

So dedicated conference threads in we can hype as well are still allowed? So we will see a Nintendo E3 2014 thread again with a Hype Train? I hope so!

yeah, hype threads were the bread&butter of negoaf for me. Nintendo hype threads were the reason I came back to this forum regularly as a lurker year after year and this year I finally decided to sign up right before E3 to join the train and now the train is a wreck :(

Riki

Will cboat make an appearance?
After nearly being outed, I doubt we'll see him much, sadly.
yeah, hype threads were the bread&butter of negoaf for me. Nintendo hype threads were the reason I came back to this forum regularly as a lurker year after year and this year I finally decided to sign up right before E3 to join the train and now the train is a wreck :(

Don't worry. The hype still flows. You just have to believe!

Top Bottom