• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2014 | Schedule, General Information, and FAQ

Volotaire

Rösti;115146814 said:
Thanks, Cheesemeister.

I updated the thread with some listings of games. Due to the character limit (24 000) I had to move some sections to the second post. That limit ought to be increased I think.

Since you've put in the Twitch and Gametrailers/SPIKE schedules, you might want to add the IGN and Gamespot schedules too (although you've alluded to it).

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Yo if Gears of War 4 was announced I would go nuts.

Anyone know if KH3 is going to be at the show this year?

Volotaire

EDIT: actually they both might not be there (FF15/KH3)

http://kotaku.com/square-enix-says-not-to-expect-final-fantasy-xv-and-khi-1587011860

Continuing, Hashimoto added, "Instead, we are preparing for an event after E3 to make new announcements." He added that he was personally very much looking forward to when they can release new info about the game and thanked everyone for waiting. At this point, that's something Final Fantasy are quite good at.

And while Square Enix released a new Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Remix trailer that teases Kingdom Hearts III, don't expect a ton more on that game, either. "Right now, we are working hard on the game, and I think that we'd like some more time to make new announcements."

Drakken

Was just setting up my DVR, and unless the programming info is wrong, looks like the Sony conference won't be shown on Spike? Is there any other way to watch it on TV? No PS4, so can't stream it on Twitch. I do have a PS3, if that helps...

Volotaire

Was just setting up my DVR, and unless the programming info is wrong, looks like the Sony conference won't be shown on Spike? Is there any other way to watch it on TV? No PS4, so can't stream it on Twitch. I do have a PS3, if that helps...

No Sony conference on Spike, anything after the Ubisoft conference and I think subsequent parts of Ubisoft will not be broadcast, Gmaetrailers streamed only from then on.

Is there no PS3 Twitch/Youtube/Gamespot/Gametrailers/IGN App? Youtube will usually livestream all conferences, or at least some for the gaming websites will also use youtube live-streaming as well.

Tagg9

Gears of War 4 has already been announced? Black Tusk started development on it a few months ago. In any case, they won't have anything to show for it until next E3 at the very earliest.

Volotaire

Here's a clean picture for Twitch Day 1

BpixZd-CUAA4rGs.png:large

sinxtanx

Rösti;115095394 said:
Like last year, I have created a Spotify playlist (video game music), for when waiting on conferences to begin (click on image):

I made a much worse playlist using Soundcloud. It's only mostly video game related. It really is very terrible and I advise against listening to it.

There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to Man. It is a dimension as vast as space, and as timeless as infinity. It is the middleground between light and shadow, between science and superstition; and it lies between the pit of Man's fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call...the Soundclown Zone.

Living in the UK, MS have the best time for their conference.

Sonys is a terrible time for me. I hope the official thread for it is well updated by time I get up so I don't need to go through 1000s of posts!

So much Hype!!!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Predictions.

Microsoft:
-Make a big deal out of technologies and platform stuff that nobody can really know the quality of until they actually try them in their gaming routines.
-Focus heavily on the most boring-ass broad stroke things possible, a lot of EA and such.
-Have 2 or 3 games that actually seem interesting and unique, not really give them much time but at the same time way oversell them as revolutionary to make up for the fact they aren't massive/"epic" games even though that is perfectly okay.
-Have 10 or so cool games in booths that never even make it to presentations which may actually sway the whole next year to being most favorable to XBone.

Sony:
-Talk about platform stuff you know isn't even coming in the next year and will definitely end up way more boring or useless than they make it out to be.
-Play up all their exclusives and things we already know about, simply maintaining hype advantage narrative/momentum.
-Show 6th/7th iteration titles from big IPs we are supposed to still care about.
-Some elaborate presentation that is supposed to make them come off as creativity leaders that is weird as fuck and doesn't seem to have any connection to any actual games current or potential.
-Destiny
-Something from Squaresoft scheduled for 2 years from now that will actually arrive 4 years from now and still not look as good as what they show.

Nintendo:
-Reminders of their history in gaming
-Vague empty promises of fulfilling experiences coming up
-Smash Bros and Bayonetta 2
-One substantial game reveal that still leaves us fairly clueless about it
-Titles and/or montage flashes of things we'd actually want to know about that we won't know about until Spaceworld/Nintendo Direct.
-Dat QoL
-Something utterly innocuous being sold to us in the most terribly, terribly embarrassing way possible

Dice

You seem like a fun person to hang out with.
28 years in gaming is a helluva drug. It takes investment of thousands of dollars and hours to become this jaded to hype. Just show me some unique games of edible size.

fasTRapid

Banned
28 years in gaming is a helluva drug. It takes investment of thousands of dollars and hours to become this jaded to hype. Just show me some unique games of edible size.
You don't even need to be full of hype to just take it a little easier, you know. #ShouldaDrankOvercharge

The lack of the big three mega threads really seems to have lowered the hype for me? Is it possible we can three megathreads made for 24 hours?

ZackGamer

Banned
So on ps4(or xbox one) I can watch all the press conferences there via Twitch? It would be cool to see it on the TV.

Damnit SpikeTV, why no Sony press conference? :/

I'll be at work so I can't watch the conference, and I was hoping to DVR it but nevermind :(

Dice

The lack of the big three mega threads really seems to have lowered the hype for me? Is it possible we can three megathreads made for 24 hours?
How will you make threads when GAF is down? I hope you have your chat of choice decided if you want to discuss while watching steams.

Daante

Will anyone do a spoiler free thread with video links to the conferences?

For example, Sonys conference is around 3 in the night/morning for GMT+1 people (like myself), will not be able to see it live.

Huggers

Will anyone do a spoiler free thread with video links to the conferences?

For example, Sonys conference is around 3 in the night/morning for GMT+1 people (like myself), will not be able to see it live.

I just came in here to ask this very question. A spoiler free link to the Sony conference for us Euro people would be awesome

Volotaire

PM mods, but it looks like it will be the conference threads one hour before each respective one starts.
Metroid is rumored?

Less rumoured, more expected. Speculated since Retro have been speculated to have a smaller second team, and it has been four years since a release , not development, of a Metroid game.

Moreover in this thread http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=802554

Sakamoto (the head of the Metroid series) said this :
There might [currently] be various tasks I might be involved in with past series
implying some Metroid signing over/signing off. It could be to do with the NFC/Smash series, or a new Metroid title. Expect a 3DS title teased rather than a Wii U title since the breakdown of the studios show that the big studios have just finished working on products or are currently working on other projects. Plus if it is retro who is developing it, and they do indeed have a smaller second team, a smaller title will have to be the case.

Tizoc

WAIT A MINUTE.
E3 STARTS AT 8:30 PM OVER HERE TOMORROW!
...but I'd only be able to watch MS and EA's and why the fuck is EA's 3 hours long?
Great so after tomorrow GAF'll be down after the Sony announcement =_=

At any rate
HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE!

Looks like I'll be taking a late lunch to watch the MS one. Geez at Sony probably being 2 hours and not starting until 9pm.

I'll be able to catch Nintendo's showing at 1 AM my time...every other conference I'll have to watch after the fact. Definitely a bummer, but I'm most excited about Nintendo's anyways, so I'll live.

GET HYPE

Top Bottom