• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke_Wal

I'm gonna make a prediction that the guys who made the Metro 2033 games have something.

Huh. That's actually a pretty solid prediction. I also wouldn't be surprised to see a Homefront: The Revolution demo at one of the conferences to announce a co-marketing deal, while we're at it. Deep Silver gettin theirs.

Shredderi

Huh. That's actually a pretty solid prediction. I also wouldn't be surprised to see a Homefront: The Revolution demo at one of the conferences to announce a co-marketing deal, while we're at it. Deep Silver gettin theirs.

Just kind of came to me that we haven't heard of them for a while and I can't imagine that the Redux versions required the whole team. I hope we see Homefront: The revolution as I was quite intrigued by it.

ekim

Would fit in MS' portfolio of co-marketing titles.

FIKWtpL.gif

Countdown Archive
45 days - Nintendo Vs. Capcom
44 days - Battletoads
43 days - Fuse 2
42 days - Mother 3
41 days - EA Sports
40 days - Gravity Rush 2
39 days - Yoshi's Woolly World
38 days - Destiny: Expansion (Comet, etc)
37 days - Watch Dog 2
36 days - Rainbow Six: Siege
35 days - Star Wars Battlefront
34 days - Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
33 days - Punch Out U
32 days - Batman: Arkham Knight
31 days - Assassin's Creed Syndicate
30 days - Mad Max
29 days - Killer Instinct
28 days - F-Zero
27 days - Quantum Break
26 days - No Man's Sky
25 days - Crackdown
24 days - Fire Emblem
23 days - Mass Effect 4
22 days - Persona 5
21 days - Animal Crossing
20 days - Just Cause 3
19 days - Mirror's Edge

hopefully the rest of the days are going to be GIFs as well :D Thanks for doing these btw, much appreciated!

Please make MGSV face splashing gif the last one :p

A friend showed me a tweet sent out by one of the Xbox twitter accounts early in the year (before Homefront was delayed) which had an image of a load of Microsoft co-marketed games/exclusives and Homefront was on it, so I've always assumed since then that MS got a marketing deal on it

I don't have the image to hand, they might have taken it down too but seemed like a small hint.

Sami+

I've been replaying Shadow of the Colossus and it is seriously unreal how hyped I am to finally see TLG again after all these years. Ueda is a genius - a slow working one, but a genius nonetheless.

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
I've been replaying Shadow of the Colossus and it is seriously unreal how hyped I am to finally see TLG again after all these years. Ueda is a genius - a slow working one, but a genius nonetheless.

I really must give it another try some time. I loved ico and loved what I played of sotc (up until the 4th colossus), but I stopped playing as I felt terrible for killing them... Which was probably the point, I'm guessing.

Luke_Wal

A friend showed me a tweet sent out by one of the Xbox twitter accounts early in the year (before Homefront was delayed) which had an image of a load of Microsoft co-marketed games/exclusives and Homefront was on it, so I've always assumed since then that MS got a marketing deal on it

I don't have the image to hand, they might have taken it down too but seemed like a small hint.

I almost said Microsoft in my initial tweet because I also vaguely remember something like this, but I wasn't sure about it. You're definitely right; I'm pretty sure MS has that one. I wonder if Sony will show Dead Island 2.

Shinobi, would you say Sony's E3 will be better or worse than last year's?

Worse than last year?? Good no...Last year was already very very weak

IIRC every Insider is expecting a better E3 Show this Year....With Uncharted Gameplay, Horizon and the next Level 5 Exclusive thats already a given

I almost said Microsoft in my initial tweet because I also vaguely remember something like this, but I wasn't sure about it. You're definitely right; I'm pretty sure MS has that one. I wonder if Sony will show Dead Island 2.

They had it at E3 last year iirc, so yeh. Dead Island 2 with Sony, Homefront maybe with Microsoft

L1NETT

I'm gonna make a prediction that the guys who made the Metro 2033 games have something.

One of the 4A devs posted (from this response from his personal youtube channel)

UbDXBny.jpg

So looking unlikely

They (well some of the devs) moved to Malta quite recently and have more than one project on the go. Think it's unlikely we hear anything about the more open world Metro till 2016, but we shall see.

Worse than last year?? Good no...Last year was already very very weak

IIRC every Insider is expecting a better E3 Show this Year....With Uncharted Gameplay, Horizon and the next Level 5 Exclusive thats already a given

IMO the last good Sony Briefing was E3 2013. Dat FF15 and KH3 made it for me. Oh and that slap against Microsoft.

But after that? Everything hyped up to the max and really nothing coming out from this briefings that interests me.

I hope Sony steps it up this year. A nice R&C showing, TLG and that Horizon game would be make me really happy.

What could EA have to demo that would be exciting to people? Beyond Mass Effect 4, I cannot think of anything I would personally care about.

Last year was solid. I'd consider it a pretty standard E3 conference. Almost all of the complaints were about frills rather than the actual content.

im speaking for myself but

- With 24 Minutes the Media Section was way too long (Applications, PSNOW, Sony Pictures/Powers) MS however had 6 Minutes (ok their conference was shorter, still better pacing)

- Besides Bloodborne the First Party Section didn't impress me. While the LP3 Annoucement was unexpected, that Gameplayfootage was boring (i expected a bigger change with the next installment)
We only got a small Trailer for Uncharted 4....I was expecting that TheOrder1886 Gameplay will silence the doubters, but that Footage made it worse. We got an DLC for Infamous
Ratchet and Clank got announced for Ps4....No Trailer, No Gameplay

- Then we had the typical third party games with Destiny (ugh too much Destiny)

Yeah the conference was the weakest among Nintendo,MS and Sony.
I was extremely dissapointed

IMO the last good Sony Briefing was E3 2013. Dat FF15 and KH3 made it for me. Oh and that slap against Microsoft.

But after that? Everything hyped up to the max and really nothing coming out from this briefings that interests me.

I hope Sony steps it up this year. A nice R&C showing, TLG and that Horizon game would be make me really happy.

oh my it was the most emotional Conference for me....After so many year finally a the reintroduction of Final Fantasy Versus aka 15 and after that KH 3???? Too much for me

What could EA have to demo that would be exciting to people? Beyond Mass Effect 4, I cannot think of anything I would personally care about.

They have a lot of stuff that people care about. Battlefront, Need for Speed (returning to its Underground style) and Mirror's Edge. shinobi also mentioned that there will be three unannounced games including one new IP. They should have one of the strongest shows this year.

For me, the best E3 moments in recent memory include the demo for the The Last of Us that concluded Sony's conference and the reveal of Zelda footage. That's pretty much it, I think. Other stuff varied from somewhat interesting to decidedly uninteresting (I wasn't struck by the Watch Dogs footage, for example, even though it seemed like most people liked it a lot).

Oh, and the "Nintendo Treehouse: Live" streams were really cool. I'm glad that's coming back this year because that's a great idea.

FelipeMGM

Man, I just love E3 and everything that orbitates around this event. I check this thread all the time, I just cant control my hype.

Please dont let me down video game world

It's all opinions, but the only good 'E3' conference last year to me was Nintendo's.

At the end of the day, part of the problem stems from the fact that Sony splits it out across 3-4 different venues to announce their games over the course of the year. Content-wise, they're generally fine though they can be dry sometimes if you're not a fan of the more niche, unique stuff.

Updating your list some more. I removed the Punch-Out bit because there was no hint from Nintendo about a Punch-Out title. (If you're referring to Reggie wearing Little Mac's outfit, it's just Nintendo using Nintendo IP to promote Nintendo things.)

Great list

GnawtyDog

Banned
[*]Behind closed doors demos for two unannounced Sony games at E3, doesn't mean they're the only announcements/we won't see them at the conference (via shinobi602)

Umm..... why would Sony do that? They're soooo gonna leak out - if they're holding for Paris that is. Better to just hold and let the press dry - not like they do any favors these days with clickbait nonsense. My guess is Morpheus will be pushing content to "reschedule"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom