• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skii

I don't understand.

What do these pre-E3 announcements have to do with megatons at E3?

Legit confused here. Someone help me out.

Well, I feel like one of the biggest game of this generation has been revealed just before E3 (Fallout 4). I'm just wondering if there's been a change in tactics amongst publishers with regards to how they deliver the news of new games in development.

Similar things have happened with Microsoft and Sony as well in my opinion.

Microsoft announced Forza 6 really early instead of showing it at E3 like they did with Forza horizon 2 last year. A new trailer for Tomb Raider came out when you'd expect it to be something they'd show at E3.

Sony showing game play that you'd expect to have been held back for E3 to wow the audiences. Also the fact that they have a new event called the Playstation Experience which also had unique announcements like Street Fighter V,

I'm just wondering if there has been a switch on emphasis between delivering "megatons" at E3 to just giving an in-depth look at your current hardware/vision as well as in-depth look at upcoming games.

Nothing. Most of the stuff shown this week were known quantities anyway.

Except for Fallout 4, possibly the biggest game that will be revealed this year.

Thread's moving slow. Let's play a game. Illustrate with one word your reaction to these potential Morpheus prices:

"And finally, we are proud to announce Project Morpheus will be priced at an accomodating:"

$199 - <WORD GOES HERE>
$299 - <WORD GOES HERE>
$399 - <WORD GOES HERE>

199 - Great price! Still won't sell
299 - Expected price! Won't sell
399 - Crazy price.. Won't sell

Verendus

Banned
They have a Gamescom conference 5 weeks later. So i don't think thats a big deal.
Big deal to me.

TPS are the future. People just don't know it yet. They're the best. The best ever. There's nothing like them. Uncharted, Gears, Quantum Break, maybe more. This was supposed to be the E3 for TPS fans like me. This was supposed to be the year for TPS fans like me, fucking delayathon. They can't just take it away like that. If it was entirely in my control, there'd be no FPS. There'd only be TPS, or it would at least be an option in every FPS game.

Edit:

Okay, I apologise for those last words. I understand FPS games are important to some people. Crazy people, but people nonetheless.

shandy706

Thread's moving slow. Let's play a game. Illustrate with one word your reaction to these potential Morpheus prices:

"And finally, we are proud to announce Project Morpheus will be priced at an accomodating:"

$199 - <Might buy 2>
$299 - <Might buy 1>
$399 - <LOL...NO>

Big deal to me.

TPS are the future. People just don't know it yet. They're the best. The best ever. There's nothing like them. Uncharted, Gears, Quantum Break, maybe more. This was supposed to be the E3 for TPS fans like me. They can't just take it away like that. If it was entirely in my control, there'd be no FPS. There'd only be TPS, or it would at least be an option in every FPS game.

There will be plenty of TPG(ames). At least one will be a TPS...just breath. They'll make it up to you during the conference.

I too am sad no QB at E3...but I can make it a couple months.

schaft0620

It's pretty clear that Sony wants to talk about Morpheus a lot at E3

Uncharted 4 open
Sales bragging
new 1TB console
Ratchet and Clank segway into TV stuff
Morpheus
Sony Bend
Media Molecule
Guerrilla Games
PS+
Driveclub PS+
July PS+ Games
COD
Destiny
Battlefront
2 more 3rd party titles
No Mans Sky
Indies, Indies, Indies
Close with Cerney & TLG

Pretty close to 90 minutes right there and I am missing a ton of stuff that was already announced.

Big deal to me.

TPS are the future. People just don't know it yet. They're the best. The best ever. There's nothing like them. Uncharted, Gears, Quantum Break, maybe more. This was supposed to be the E3 for TPS fans like me. They can't just take it away like that. If it was entirely in my control, there'd be no FPS. There'd only be TPS, or it would at least be an option in every FPS game.

I thought so too, but if you really think about it. There are 5 weeks for outlets to analyze E3 and then BAM!!! more announcements! It gives them an opportunity to continue on the Hype of E3.

Big deal to me.

TPS are the future. People just don't know it yet. They're the best. The best ever. There's nothing like them. Uncharted, Gears, Quantum Break, maybe more. This was supposed to be the E3 for TPS fans like me. This was supposed to be the year for TPS fans like me, fucking delayathon. They can't just take it away like that. If it was entirely in my control, there'd be no FPS. There'd only be TPS, or it would at least be an option in every FPS game.
you're a damn monster

BadWolf

Big deal to me.

Words to live by.

Vena

$199 - <More expensive than my G2>
$299 - <Much more expensive than my G2, I can buy a G3>
$399 - <Far too expensive, I can buy a two G2s>

The latter two prices are too much on your general consumer. If they want to experience VR for 200$, they also have the GearVR alternative even if it is strictly inferior (it doesn't cost another 400$ on top of it). Sony will have to compete with the GearVR alternative of "slap in my cell phone" which hundreds of millions of people already own, and on which they already play games.

299$ will be a hard sell for the general public, and 399$ is dead on arrival.

Verendus

Banned

There will be plenty of TPG(ames). At least one will be a TPS...just breath. They'll make it up to you during the conference.

I too am sad no QB at E3...but I can make it a couple months.
Two months ago, I expected at least two for Microsoft.

How can you tell me to breathe when I'm down one? I lost half. 50%. That's significant. I can't breathe. I can't breathe no more.

small44

$199 - Amazing price but it would mean it will be selling at loss
$299 - Correct price and respectable profit
$399 - Expensive it should have a price cut very fast

Euron

From what I've seen with Playstation Hardware after the original PS3, take whatever price GAF thinks it's going to be and subtract $100.

Turkoop

Banned
Big deal to me.

Edit:

Okay, I apologise for those last words. I understand FPS games are important to some people. Crazy people, but people nonetheless.

Verendus confirmed Bully 2, Agent, RDR 2, Mafia 3 and Star Wars 131 by Visceral

Philippo

Big deal to me.

Edit:

Man, last-gen must have hit you pretty hard (i remember a period where everything was FPS).

ekim

From Wario64's Twitter:
CHKFlKyXIAErZrI.jpg:large

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00ZBBP04Y/10-0105-20/

edit:
"The Amazon Standard Identification Number (ASIN) is a 10-character alphanumeric unique identifier assigned by Amazon.com"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon_Standard_Identification_Number

Verendus

Banned
Man, last-gen must have hit you pretty hard (i remember a period where everything was FPS).
I struggled. So much struggle. I only liked Halo. Didn't care for any other FPS. But thankfully, this generation is less about FPS, and more about RPG, TPS, and action/adventure titles.

Every dog has his day. Tony Montana said that.

ekim

I struggled. So much struggle. I only liked Halo. Didn't care for any other FPS. But thankfully, this generation is less about FPS, and more about RPG, TPS, and action/adventure titles.

I hope for more story driven experiences like Heavy Rain (there, I said it) and LA Noire. Focus less on action but investigation and exploring the world. A real detective game would be something <3

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1056021

edit:besides - your link does nothing for me.

Luke_Wal

Destiny Special Edition featuring The Taken King, probably.

If I could get Destiny, TTK, The Dark Below, AND House of Wolves, I would pay $60 for that, even though I pre-ordered the original game. Only ever made it to like Level 13, but I didn't have anyone to play with so I dropped off after that.

Kandinsky

So what's everybody's plan for Sunday/Monday/Tuesday? Taken off work? Particular foods you got ready? Staying home all day?

Yes, took mon/tues/wed off and trying to convince the mother of my children to let them take off school for Nintendo's day, it isnt looking good so far haha D:

Bousf

A million yeses for this. The focus this gen is getting on adventure, RPG and TPS is making me a happy gamer!

Sid

Sony presser prediction:
Uncharted 4's glorious demo opens the show
CoD Black Ops 3 demo
Indies
1TB PS4
Bloodborne expansion detailed
MM's new IP
Horizon
Bend's new IP
GT7
God of War in engine trailer,ends with 'more at PSX'
Battlefront demo
TLG closes the show.

autoduelist

You obviously didn't read what I had to say, but I'm going to engage with you anyway.

I'm not upset that it's cheaper. I'm upset that the price could, based on their past action, represent a smaller Ratchet game, just like Nexus was. I am disappointed in the lack of effort put forward in trying to recapture the 60fps brilliance of Ratchet during the franchise's best years. A full Ratchet title would be what I expected and it's a little bit of a bummer to find out that won't be the case.

It's great for everyone who wants Ratchet, myself included, but I think it's a lost opportunity.

I think it's just that some genres just can no longer command a $60 price tag, plain and simple. I love R&C as much as most do, but... $60 seems pricey. $40 seems like a good deal. I don't really read into it any more than that.

Bousf

Sony presser prediction:
Uncharted 4's glorious demo opens the show
CoD Black Ops 3 demo
Indies
1TB PS4
Bloodborne expansion detailed
MM's new IP
Horizon
Bend's new IP
GT7
God of War in engine trailer,ends with 'more at PSX'
Battlefront demo
TLG closes the show.
I would add Level 5's game there.

Verendus

Banned
I hope for more story driven experiences like Heavy Rain (there, I said it) and LA Noire. Focus less on action but investigation and exploring the world. A real detective game would be something <3
Now that you mention this, I still need to play The Wolf Among Us.

A million yeses for this. The focus this gen is getting on adventure, RPG and TPS is making me a happy gamer!
FPS fans already have so much. Call of Duty, Halo, Battlefield, BioShock, and so many others. I don't know what I'd do if I had that many TPS. Probably OD.

shandy706

FPS fans already have so much. Call of Duty, Halo, Battlefield, BioShock, and so many others. I don't know what I'd do if I had that many TPS. Probably OD.

I can't imagine what you're going to do when they reveal Jet Force Gemini.

Edit** Doh, DP...Gaf servers already going weird before E3.

Philippo

Absolutely true.
I remember last year when i got my PS4, i looked for which games to purchase and was surprised by the variety offered to me: action, open-worlds, rpgs, platformers and so on.
And not only by indies, which i finally learned to love, but also, and more surprisingly, by first party studios and big publishers.
It felt like PS1 days all over again, and it's only getting better.

In ma veins.

tSS9Rvv.png

GOOD, LET THE HYPE FLOW THROUGH YOU.

Big deal to me.

But Final Fantasy is no TPS :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom