• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone think Microsoft will have something Minecraft/Mojang related announcements? It's been almost year since the aquisition so maybe they have been busy on something?

I think they'd be stupid not to leverage that purchase as quickly as possible. I'd be shocked if there was no mention of something in the works.

SDCowboy

Well it looks like I'm going to miss most of E3 tomorrow as I'll be at work. Thankfully though I'll be home just in time for the Sony show which is what I mostly care about anyway.

Not really. The U.S. Is their biggest market by far and where the majority of their sales will come from.

Not exactly an ambitious strategy. They've really fucked up in the EU. Things like that don't help.

I'd never heard of this game until rumours started flicking around. I'd imagine EA won't be happy about it.

Spoo

It's a special day, gang.

I've finally added an avatar to celebrate. Hopefully the game it's from doesn't blow :| (plz be good Doom)

Wrong in what way? I think each platform has its strengths this year. Seems like MS are spreading out their reveals though to take advantage of Sony's absence at Gamescom.

Sony have spread their announcements out further. Microsofts will be more concentrated in the next couple of months. Sonys will be spread over the rest of the year.Each has advantages and disadvantages.

Depends if Sony have decent announcements at their events.

Wrong in what way? I think each platform has its strengths this year. Seems like MS are spreading out their reveals though to take advantage of Sony's absence at Gamescom.

They are just scared. Scared of the almighty Griffin. Scared of what can be seen over the Horizon. Scared of what lay upon the path of the Kings Quest. Scared of what can be seen up in No Mans Sky. Scared of their own Persona. Afraid of what may Rime with The Witness. VR Fitness? HA. We are The Tomorrow Children. Fear should not be in our vocabulary.

klaushm

In regards to Media Molecule, are there any signs of their devs being at LA/E3 at the moment?

Because if they were to announce their new IP at E3, I don't see anyone else other than Marcus Healey, Alex Evans or Siobhan Reddy doing the honours, and twitter-stalking them have failed to result in any hints of them @LA/E3.

=(

Oh, there were a post from Verendus when he said that will be at least 2(?) big announcements, and said he don't consider Média Molecule as one of them.
I could be misinterpreting his post. Will search for a full quote.

Edit:
Well, I have to exaggerate a little. We actually have a bunch of new announcements, but they're not all big announcements, and obviously, some are clearly going to be ignored because they don't fit what people like. It is what it is.

The way I see it is that big announcements are the kind that can anchor a show. So, I wouldn't count Media Molecule's new project as that for example. That's not to say I don't consider it a big deal, but I'm pretty sure if that was your centrepiece, a lot of people would complain. They'd want more. Since it's always about addressing the folks who feel negative about certain things, you take into account how they would think of things. Big announcements are your anchors.

The more reasonable folk don't usually complain that much. There's not really much that needs to be said to them, since they tend to have their expectations in check most of the time anyway.

Also, jesus christ, there is no Quantum Break at E3. Microsoft is killing me slowly. Remove my local co-op, now take away my TPS, why are they doing this? It's not like I've been looking forward to their conference the most or anything. Not like that at all.
Fouded.

When he told that, I understand Media Molecule's new IP will be announced, just that he doesn't consider it a big announcement(because of public's majority opinion).
I can be wrong in many ways, but... well.

GeoramA

Sony's skipping Gamescom altogether? I just thought they weren't having a conference.

Did MS confirm they're having a conference?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Yooo since Jackie and Eyestone will be at E3 there is a high chance we'll not only just get a new MGSV trailer but also new gameplay presentation.

2015-06-1414_51_33-mexfu56.png

Sony's skipping Gamescom altogether? I just thought they weren't having a conference.

They're still going to be there. They're just moved their conference to the Paris Games Week because of how close E3 and gamescom are this year. E3 was moved back a week from last year and gamescom was moved up a week.

gunner13

Neo Member
Is this game actually going to be a big deal? Microsoft need to win hearts in the EU. American Football will get tumbleweed and eyerolls here.

For Americans "our version" of Football is KING. Imagine there was no PES for 10 years and FIFA was only futball game, and along the way they became the worst sports game. Then out of nowhere a new company makes one that blows the doors off. That's what my hope is for Joe Montana. They are not trying to win Gamescon, but could win E3 if the put out a football game that bursts thru like COD4 did for FPS's.

Percy

Banned
I wonder if this post will be right or wrong.

Whether it is or isn't, there's just too much emotional investment around for this to end any other way than fans declaring their company of choice the "winner" of E3 regardless of what actually occurs. Gonna be fun.

Is this game actually going to be a big deal? Microsoft need to win hearts in the EU. American Football will get tumbleweed and eyerolls here.

I don't get the deal with this game..even if it's amazing and has an NFL license...it will end up like NFL2k...it will get dwarfed in sales by madden. Being exclusive will only hurt it. Don't see this being even worth it for MS.

For Americans "our version" of Football is KING. Imagine there was no PES for 10 years and FIFA was only futball game, and along the way they became the worst sports game. Then out of nowhere a new company makes one that blows the doors off. That's what my hope is for Joe Montana. They are not trying to win Gamescon, but could win E3 if the put out a football game that bursts thru like COD4 did for FPS's.

I think you are over estimating it big time..NFL 2k was amazing and 29.99...it was a footnote sales wise compared to madden. I don't see even if it's amazing it being even close to winning e3 at all, not with games like fallout and othr big time games being shown. This game will fizzle fast imo.

My predictions:

Bethesda
Doom
Dishonored Remastered
Dishonored 2
Prey Reboot
Skyrim Remastered
Fallout 4 2015 release date

Microsoft
Halo 5
Halo 5 Beta live right after the show.
Tomb Raider
Forza 6
Gears Ultimate
Gears 4 CGI trailer
Joe Montana Football 16
Banjo Kazooie 3
Original Banjo Kazooie on Xbox one free for gold members and available right now.
Battletoads Reboot
Resident Evil 7 as a timed exclusive similar to dead rising 3.
Gta 5 dlc 6 month timed exclusive
Dark souls 3 exclusive content
Silent hills as a timed exclusive similar to tomb raider.

Ea
Mass Effect 4
Mass Effect Collection
Battlefront beta ps4 exclusive
BF: Hardline now in the Ea access vault
Dead Space Collection
Mirrors Edge Catalyst
Star Wars Kotor coming to consoles.

Ubisoft
Assassins Creed Spin off game for 360 and PS3.
Valiant Hearts 2
The Division
Rainbow 6
Watch dogs 2 and a 2015 release date.
Splinter Cell is their and one more thing.

Sony
Uncharted 4
Horizon
Killzone reboot
Drive club ps plus edition available after the show
God of war 4 CGI trailer
Black ops 3
No Mans Sky
Move 2 compatibility with Morpheus.
The Last Guardian with 2015 release date

Nintendo
Super Mario Sunshine HD
Mario kart 8 dlc
Black ops 3 Wii u release
Star fox Wii u
Super Metroid Prime
Smash bros dlc
Paper Mario 3ds
Animal Crossing Wii u

Sports games in general aren't big deals or swing things. They sell well but people don't really talk about them or speculate about them. They are just sports games. Most of the chatter will be about Horizon, Microsoft's same big properties, Fallout 4, Doom etc.

Joe Monana Football will be lost in the shuffle, surely.

Sports games in general aren't big deals or swing things. They sell well but people don't really talk about them or speculate about them. They are just sports games. Most of the chatter will be about Horizon, Microsoft's same big properties, Fallout 4, Doom etc.

Joe Monana Football will be lost in the shuffle, surely.

Yes it will, people hyping it up are letting their hopes get in the way of logic imo. Madden will dwarf it and it will be a footnote. What are the chances it will be a good game as well? Football is a tricky sport to do right.

Sony always seem to regret one segment or more of their conference. Really hope they have learned from their mistakes.

Wonderbook
Powers
Sony Pictures segment
etc.

Just don't do it. I got up, made some food and came back and those segments were still going on.

That said, they could talk about Powers 2 for 30 minutes then drop Horizon and The Last Guardian and still 'win' E3 for a lot of people.

M.D

Wild prediction: After an awesome first hour, 10 to 20 minutes of the Sony conference will be dedicated to boring shit no one cares about and has no business being on stage, only to be followed by an awesome closing 30 minutes act

Pachimari

I'm starting to prepare my E3 desk center, and currently have NeoGAF and YouTube Live at E3 open. Anything else I need? Gametrailers? Giantbomb?

Bubba77

My predictions:

Sony
Uncharted 4
Horizon
Killzone reboot
Drive club ps plus edition available after the show
God of war 4 CGI trailer
Black ops 3
No Mans Sky
Move 2 compatibility with Morpheus.
The Last Guardian with 2015 release date

My god the room would erupt at TLG 2015 release date, but sadly I dont see that happening! I too will predict Driveclub PS plus available now. Too bad I bought the game and dont like it too much.....Ive been jaded by FH2

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Correct me if I'm wrong, haven't read everything behind, but is the trailer confirmed?
http://masterherald.com/kojima-to-l...ar-solid-5-the-phantom-pain-at-e3-2015/19266/

Yes.

Since Jackie and Eyestone will be at E3 it makes me think that we might get a new gameplay demonstration.

New location ...snow!!!?? :O

Those gameplay demonstrations are always so well done, camera movement,
which items to use etc. it's always planned and Jackie (the player)
puts in over 100 hours to make sure everything works as planned.

Maybe new MGSV trailer at Geoff's stream and gameplay presentation at Sony's press conference?

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Time will go by faster if you help yourself realise that this is probably the best part of E3. Once it starts fading away after your favourite conferences have ended, then the sickening feeling of emptiness returns swiftly.
This is actually the best part of E3; the anticipation, that anything is possible, is what makes it. If it were up to me, I would never have E3 actually happen, all of you would just be waiting in anticipation, for all eternity.

Tapejara

12 1/2 hours to Bethesda. Wonder if we'll hit 20k posts by then. In any case, it was fun getting hyped with you all.

Yooo since Jackie and Eyestone will be at E3 there is a high chance we'll not only just get a new MGSV trailer but also new gameplay presentation.

http://abload.de/img/2015-06-1414_51_33-mexfu56.png/IMG][/QUOTE]

Yaasss. Trailer during Geoff's stream and gameplay presentation during Sony's show, hopefully.

[quote="Funyarinpa, post: 167751830"]I am just expecting no mention of the Vita by Sony.[/QUOTE]

Hoping for a release date for Re: Revelations 2.

Dynasty

Don't have high expectations this time so hopefully I am surprised.
In no particular order

MS
Fallout 4
COD could go to Sony
Assassin's Creed
The Division
Mirror's edge
Halo 5 Singleplayer and/or BTB multiplayer gameplay
Rise of the Tomb Raider (About time we see some gameplay)
Fable Legends (Could see MS pushing this to PC conference)
Forza Motorsport 6
Forza Horizon 2 free DLC
2 Rare Games 1 smaller title this year (Battletoads?) and a Banjo game next year
Gears Of War remaster Gears 4 Beta access
Gear of War 4 teaser
Something Minecraft related, Hunger games coming to Xbox 1 version of Minecraft?
Announcement of Hololens games 1 or 2. Minecraft probably 1 of them.
Short talk on Windows 10 update downloadable next month for preview members.

Sony
COD could stay with MS
Star Wars Battlefront
Destiny DLC
Batman Arkham knight trailer
MGS V
Uncharted collection they gracefully dodge the no multiplayer :( but mention the pre-order bonuses and Beta access
U4 set piece or multiplayer demo
Horizon teaser
Persona 5
God Of War 3 remaster
Until Dawn
Project Morpheus announce a 1-2 game. They may do a demo but hopefully they don't.

Edit: Both will have Indie montages.

Time will go by faster if you help yourself realise that this is probably the best part of E3. Once it starts fading away after your favourite conferences have ended, then the sickening feeling of emptiness returns swiftly.
This is actually the best part of E3; the anticipation, that anything is possible, is what makes it. If it were up to me, I would never have E3 actually happen, all of you would just be waiting in anticipation, for all eternity.

True.

However I think by now I've just become too tempered / cynical toward the event to get as hyped as I used to in years past. I don't expect too much so i'm not massively excited. Obviously it's a great day - watching new game announcements, live streams ect, but there were times years ago when I literally couldn't wait for E3. Now it's something I look forward to but don't expect too much from. Guess as you get older and become more of a realist things lose their 'magic'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom