• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zapages

The moderator of the Prince of Persia Forums who I used to work with has reported on the official Prince of Persia forums that he is not aware of any Prince of Persia game to be revealed this year. This from what he knows.

I know back in the day, we moderators used to have some bit of a clue on the new games…. So unless there is a super secret reveal for the next Prince of Persia game. Our best would be to wait till next year or whenever Ubi decides to show the next Prince of Persia game.

Choomp

Banned
Time will go by faster if you help yourself realise that this is probably the best part of E3. Once it starts fading away after your favourite conferences have ended, then the sickening feeling of emptiness returns swiftly.
This is actually the best part of E3; the anticipation, that anything is possible, is what makes it. If it were up to me, I would never have E3 actually happen, all of you would just be waiting in anticipation, for all eternity.

I agree until that weird last part, lol.

Woke up feeling great. It starts today fellas!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Man, Konami must have a tight leash on the guy.

I wonder what he'll do once he leaves Konami after MGSV.

I feel so sorry for him and the whole team, must be a really tough time right now.

vPFw1Zk.png

Dynasty

Time will go by faster if you help yourself realise that this is probably the best part of E3. Once it starts fading away after your favourite conferences have ended, then the sickening feeling of emptiness returns swiftly.
This is actually the best part of E3; the anticipation, that anything is possible, is what makes it. If it were up to me, I would never have E3 actually happen, all of you would just be waiting in anticipation, for all eternity.
Community: The Duncan Principle?

Pachimari

I feel like Ubisoft's new game announcement is either gonna be Splinter Cell or Hero. As much as I love seeing new Splinter Cell games, I wouldn't mind letting a new IP get the spot. I haven't completed Double Agent, Conviction and Blacklist yet anyway.

[edit]
Who are having their own live coverage besides IGN, Gamespot, GiantBomb, Gametrailers and YouTube?

Luke_Wal

Woke up this morning and my stomach hurt, but I figured it was just E3 excitement. Nope; been powerfully vomiting for hours now. Really hope it gets better soon so I can watch the conferences and not be in a cold sweat. E3 Hype Traaaaaaain!

So it's finally here! E3 season. Every year I get more hyped and hyped by it.. Really feels like Christmas. Shame I'm the only one I know around me who is hyped for it :(.

This year feels extra good, already the Smash event beginning today, it feels like this E3 is extra long, remember few years ago it was actually for me only Monday night and Tuesday midday. :) Going with YouTube I think because Geoff Keigley

Servbot24

Banned
Don't have high expectations this time so hopefully I am surprised.
In no particular order

MS
Fallout 4
COD could go to Sony
Assassin's Creed
The Division
Mirror's edge
Halo 5 Singleplayer and/or BTB multiplayer gameplay
Rise of the Tomb Raider (About time we see some gameplay)
Fable Legends (Could see MS pushing this to PC conference)
Forza Motorsport 6
Forza Horizon 2 free DLC
2 Rare Games 1 smaller title this year (Battletoads?) and a Banjo game next year
Gears Of War remaster Gears 4 Beta access
Gear of War 4 teaser
Something Minecraft related, Hunger games coming to Xbox 1 version of Minecraft?
Announcement of Hololens games 1 or 2. Minecraft probably 1 of them.
Short talk on Windows 10 update downloadable next month for preview members.

Sony
COD could stay with MS
Star Wars Battlefront
Destiny DLC
Batman Arkham knight trailer
MGS V
Uncharted collection they gracefully dodge the no multiplayer :( but mention the pre-order bonuses and Beta access
U4 set piece or multiplayer demo
Horizon teaser
Persona 5
God Of War 3 remaster
Until Dawn
Project Morpheus announce a 1-2 game. They may do a demo but hopefully they don't.

Edit: Both will have Indie montages.
Might be the first truly pessimistic prediction I've seen in this thread so far!

Because people were hoping for this announcement. May next year guys...

Don't quite understand.. He says it will not be at E3, which he was trying to say but he doesn't have any further details now. So it might still happen, right? That's good news?

Or is it bad news because Kojima etc. are in such trouble with Konami and the next MGR will be shit because of that?
Hope it's a language barrier from me because I think a new MGR is great :D Loved the first one

Don't quite understand.. He says it will not be at E3, which he was trying to say but he doesn't have any further details now. So it might still happen, right? That's good news?

Or is it bad news because Kojima etc. are in such trouble with Konami and the next MGR will be shit because of that?
Hope it's a language barrier from me because I think a new MGR is great :D Loved the first one

Some people feel like it is unlikely because of Konami's current direction. The company seems to be abandoning AAA games. That coupled with news that a sequel won't be announced this E3, and you have a recipe for disappointment.

On yea, I forgot platinum had been hyping a new game announcement. It was found to be a Transformers game. Many are disappointed by that too

Ushay

Ew. EW. EWWWWWWWW!

Ughh I loathe these part-bought exclusives, they're becoming a trend this gen.

I feel like Ubisoft's new game announcement is either gonna be Splinter Cell or Hero. As much as I love seeing new Splinter Cell games, I wouldn't mind letting a new IP get the spot. I haven't completed Double Agent, Conviction and Blacklist yet anyway.

[edit]
Who are having their own live coverage besides IGN, Gamespot, GiantBomb, Gametrailers and YouTube?

What's this Ubisoft Hero? New IP?

legacyzero

Banned
Wouldn't it be funny if Activision isn't taking a marketting deal with Sony OR Microsoft, because all their DLC maps would be free?

It'd be a helluva way to try and win back customer loyalty after 2 straight years of sales decline.

FelipeMGM

Sure, knowing that is not off the table is good news. If this company werent Konami.
Everything points they really dont give lots of shit for console gaming anymore.

Also we have kinda been teased before at Taipei game show so why not be at E3.
When you weight everything, its bad news in the end

My predictions:

Microsoft
Resident Evil 7 as a timed exclusive similar to dead rising 3.
Gta 5 dlc 6 month timed exclusive
Dark souls 3 exclusive content
Silent hills as a timed exclusive similar to tomb raider.

Simply awful predictions.

Ehhh I know Gaf treats MGR like the holy grail but I thought the overall game was kind of mediocre.

Still awaiting a Platinum game to captivate me.

Wouldn't it be funny if Activision isn't taking a marketting deal with Sony OR Microsoft, because all their DLC maps would be free?

It'd be a helluva way to try and win back customer loyalty after 2 straight years of sales decline.

Free DLC from Activision? Not likely. I could see the removal of the 1 month DLC delay on various platforms though.

I think it's more likely that they're abandoning Kojima's kind of AAA. Meaning four or so year development cycles with celebrities added to the VO mix that bump up the development cost. That really wouldn't apply to Platinum. They apparently took over Rising in late 2010 and had it finished by early 2013.

I'm willing to believe this, but only if it gets me Suikoden.

Some people feel like it is unlikely because of Konami's current direction. The company seems to be abandoning AAA games. That coupled with news that a sequel won't be announced this E3, and you have a recipe for disappointment.

On yea, I forgot platinum had been hyping a new game announcement. It was found to be a Transformers game. Many are disappointed by that too

I think it's more likely that they're abandoning Kojima's kind of AAA. Meaning four or so year development cycles with celebrities added to the VO mix that bump up the development cost. That really wouldn't apply to Platinum. They apparently took over Rising in late 2010 and had it finished by early 2013.

Simply awful predictions.

Ehhh I know Gaf treats MGR like the holy grail but I thought the overall game was kind of mediocre.

Still awaiting a Platinum game to captivate me.

Yeah none of that will happen, sounds more like wishful thinking.

My predictions:

Bethesda
Doom
Dishonored Remastered
Dishonored 2
Prey Reboot
Skyrim Remastered
Fallout 4 2015 release date

Microsoft
Halo 5
Halo 5 Beta live right after the show.
Tomb Raider
Forza 6
Gears Ultimate
Gears 4 CGI trailer
Joe Montana Football 16
Banjo Kazooie 3
Original Banjo Kazooie on Xbox one free for gold members and available right now.
Battletoads Reboot
Resident Evil 7 as a timed exclusive similar to dead rising 3.
Gta 5 dlc 6 month timed exclusive
Dark souls 3 exclusive content
Silent hills as a timed exclusive similar to tomb raider.

Ea
Mass Effect 4
Mass Effect Collection
Battlefront beta ps4 exclusive
BF: Hardline now in the Ea access vault
Dead Space Collection
Mirrors Edge Catalyst
Star Wars Kotor coming to consoles.

Ubisoft
Assassins Creed Spin off game for 360 and PS3.
Valiant Hearts 2
The Division
Rainbow 6
Watch dogs 2 and a 2015 release date.
Splinter Cell is their and one more thing.

Sony
Uncharted 4
Horizon
Killzone reboot
Drive club ps plus edition available after the show
God of war 4 CGI trailer
Black ops 3
No Mans Sky
Move 2 compatibility with Morpheus.
The Last Guardian with 2015 release date

Nintendo
Super Mario Sunshine HD
Mario kart 8 dlc
Black ops 3 Wii u release
Star fox Wii u
Super Metroid Prime
Smash bros dlc
Paper Mario 3ds
Animal Crossing Wii u

LOL this seems awful slanted towards MS with some really unlikely predictions.

BraXzy

Here GAF Schedule with Streaming links with my predictions what to expect from each conference. :D

What to expect:

• Fallout 4 Gameplay
  • Dishonored 2 Announcement
  • Doom Gameplay

Xvum6FS.png

What to expect:

• Rise of Tomb Raider Gameplay
  • Rare Studios Game Announcement
  • Indie Games Announcements
  • Halo 5: Guardians SP Gameplay
  • Forza 6 Gameplay

Xvum6FS.png

What to expect:

• Star Wars: Battlefront Gameplay
  • Shinobi on stage announcing Mass Effect 4 :D
  • EA Sports Games Announcements
  • Visceral Star Wars Game Announcement
  • New Bioware IP Announcement
  • Mirrors Edge Gameplay

Xvum6FS.png

What to expect:

• Assassin's Creed: Syndicate Gameplay
  • Rainbow Six Siege Gameplay
  • The Division Gameplay
  • New game Announcement

Xvum6FS.png

What to expect:

• Uncharted 4 Gameplay
  • God of War Announcement
  • MGS 5 Phantom Pain Gameplay
  • New games Announcements

Xvum6FS.png

What to expect:

• Mario Maker Gameplay
  • Star Fox Gameplay
  • 3DS Games
  • New game Announcements

Xvum6FS.png

What to expect:

• Just Cause 3 Gameplay
  • Rise of Tomb Raider Gameplay
  • Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Gameplay
  • Hitman Game Announcement

Xvum6FS.png

What to expect:

• Indie Crap /s

Xvum6FS.png

I'm a bit late but can I just say, you are a beautiful human being. Thanks for this.

FluxWaveZ

Would you want to be at E3 if you were him given the situation?

I... guess? It's not like Kojima himself would be getting vitriol from anyone, though I guess he could get bombarded with questions that he couldn't answer.

Geoff was talking about how it felt sad that this would be his last Metal Gear Solid showing at E3, and that he would be going out with a bang with the game's demonstration on his show. I'm sure he would have been glad to see it through.

I would love to be out of whatever cage they locked him in.

I don't profess to be Kojima, but frankly, letting him out of his cage to go to E3 is literally throwing him to a pack of wolves.

Getting bombarded with questions he can't answer, and because he has friends in the dev community, there's a high chance stuff will leak from it, and Konami will blame Kojima if stuff gets out, further tightening the noose on his neck.

AerialAir

Banned
The Smash Direct is almost starting. 5 minutes now. I wish they'd announce a GOTY edition of Smash with all the DLC, it would help getting to people who've yet to buy smash.

And I'm sure they're putting Lucas in there because they're going to announce the mother trilogy remastered for the 3DS, right guys? right?

Gaz_RB

I really need a mainline Resident Evil in my life, so I'll be keeping an eye on Capcom this e3. Revelations was nice, but I want something bigger too.

I would love to be out of whatever cage they locked him in.

I... guess? It's not like Kojima himself would be getting vitriol from anyone, though I guess he could get bombarded with questions that he couldn't answer.

Geoff was talking about how it felt sad that this would be his last Metal Gear Solid showing at E3, and that he would be going out with a bang with the game's demonstration on his show. I'm sure he would have been glad to see it through.

I guess my point is that people are going to be far more interested in something that he simply can't talk about than one of the most anticipated games of the year. It just seems like this particular E3 would be more awkward for him than something that would be enjoyable.

MS:
-New Rare game, back to Rares roots, so no Kinect crap.
-Gears Remaster
Other than that I think MS will most likely focus on their stellar Holiday line up. Maybe one other unannounced game. But I don't know enough about MS 1st party studios, so no guess which one will present something.

Sony:
I think Guerilla Games new game will definitely show up.
Sony BENDs new project could also make an appearance.
God Of War 4 will be shown.
Maybe Media Molecule will be there with their new Ps4 titel.
GravityRush 2 maybe.
The Last Guardian won't be there.
I could also see Sony announcing Deep Down for the west and giving us an update on the development here.
GT7 will be announced and shown.

Nintendo:
No idea, I also don't really care. All Nintendo IPs I care about have either been released or are announced, and that wasn't enough to get me interested in the WiiU.

IIRC, a new RE has been rumored for a while.

I really hope they reboot. Fuck the current story, if the terrible RE6 was anything to go by.

Start from square one.

when this is necessary you know its time to just kill the series and start fresh with something else.

Resident Evil hasn't been good since 4. Sadly. Just time to put in the knife and say goodbye.

Of course it won't work that way, series will continue on till the end of time as long as it sells.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom