• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2016 Predictions & Discussion thread

I also want to know what Volitions "Agents of Mayhem" is, if i had to guess i would say it's the title for the next Saints Row, which is either a spin off or prequel, not a direct sequel to 4 and not a new IP.
I want to know more about this as well. I'm hoping it's a new IP though... I'm thinking(hoping) super villains, but without all of the old Saints stuff.

Gurish

We will see new hardware? latest rumors suggest TGS reveal and it make sense, unveiling PS4K now will murder PS4 sales until the end of the year.

sinxtanx

Zelda demo predictions:
-expansive area fully explorable in demo, centered around one or two dungeons
-full bow and arrow functionality explained
-Epona is the item box, Link can only carry X items in adventure pouch
-trailer
-trailer shows story elements
-story elements involve Shiekah
-Treehouse will show several distinct ways to clear the demo, highlighting playstyle choice
-it's dangerous to stay out at night, take this (lantern)
-SUBTITLE: MAIN STORY OBJECT
-pipe dream: precision swordplay from Skyward Sword with right analog when Z-targeting
-pipe dream: setting to make enemies more aggressive and/or smarter

Lakitu

st5fu
Keeping it realistic:

Sony-
Some PSVR stuff, which I'm not that interested in but I'm sure plenty are.
The Last Guardian gameplay and release date
Horizon: Zero Dawn gameplay
Gran Turismo: Sport gameplay
Detroit: Become Human new trailer
No Man's Sky new trailer
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare gameplay
Destiny expansion segment
Dead Don't Ride trailer
God of War 4 trailer
Updates on Final Fantasy VII and Shenmue 3
PS4K announcement (yawn)

Microsoft-
Forza Horison 3 trailer
Recore gameplay
Gears of War 4 campaign gameplay
Halo Wars 2 trailer
Battlefield 1 gameplay or trailer
Scalebound gameplay and release date
Crackdown 3 gameplay
Inside trailer and release date
Sea of Thieves gameplay and release date

EA-
Titanfall 2 gameplay and release date
Battlefield 1 gameplay
Mass Effect: Andromeda gameplay
Boring EA Sports segment
Perhaps a new announcement regarding a new IP

Ubisoft-
South Park
The Division DLC
Ghost Recon: Wildlands gameplay
Watch_Dogs 2 gameplay
For Honor gameplay, beta and release date
New IP trailer/gameplay

Bethesda-
Dishonored 2 gameplay
Prey 2 trailer
Fallout 4 wave 2 DLC trailer

gaming_noob

Is something big about to go down?

Mark WaltonVerified account‏@markalexwalton

Pro tip: The best time for a website to go down is when a huge embargo lifts in a few hours. This will keep staff both stimulated and upbeat

Scotia

Banned
Sony

In no paticular order:

PS4 Neo reveal. God of War 4 is the main focus attached to it
GOW4 trailer. Norse/Kratos reveal.
Dead Don't Ride
The Last Guardian w/release date
PSVR games
Call of Duty Infinte Warfare PS/Activison partnership continues
Horizon: Zero Dawn trailer/gameplay w/ early 2017 release date
Final Fantasy 7 Remake trailer showing off Tifa, Aeris and possibly Red XIII
Destiny new Expansion
Indies
New games (1st/3rd party)
Crash Bandicoot reveal w/late 2016 release date

Crazy predictions not related to Sony would be:

Resident Evil 7 reveal
Resident Evil Remake 2 tease
Splinter Cell

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm not sure how many people know that there is Zelda Game and Watch!

ZzGIVmQ.png

Thanks for the updated image with the time. Now I know to request Monday off for PTO. Woo! Hopefully by Sunday I will have moved into my new apartment and can spend that day relaxing as well.

Give me Destiny 2 Sony!

Kiro

I think nintendo will announce at E3 the date and time of their NX reveal blow out. An announcement of an announcement. Using media attention to get more media attention for their own event.

theecakee

xiDjjX6.png

The official E3 Facebook page posted this just now saying there is a Nintendo Direct now.

I thought they weren't having one, think it's just miscommunication with whoever made that image?

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
xiDjjX6.png

The official E3 Facebook page posted this just now saying there is a Nintendo Direct now.

I thought they weren't having one, think it's just miscommunication with whoever made that image?
With all issues The ESA has been experiencing around E3 2016, it is likely a miscommunication. It's still interesting though, and could warrant a thread.

Any idea if Square Enix plans on having their own show this year? It seems not, but want to be sure I don't miss any Kingdom Hearts news. Seems like this time last year we already had a scheduled time and date.

Volotaire

What is BS Zelda?

Rösti;203909814 said:
A series of The Legend of Zelda games Satellaview. Based on The Legend of Zelda and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. Great games in my opinion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satellaview_games_from_The_Legend_of_Zelda_series

Yep. Unique features and tidbits:

• BS The Legend of Zelda is analogous to a 16bit modified remake (due to the time based nature of the game) of the NES release of the Legend of Zelda
  • The first female protagonist in the Zelda series, discounting the CDi games, was female mascot in Ancient Stone of Tablets. You could choose to be a male mascot or a female mascot
  • The first time the item renting mechanic appeared in the series was in Ancient Stone of Tablets

Saven

Banned
Glad Ubisoft's Press Conference is an hour after the PC Gamer Show. That will give me enough time to jump ship if the PC Gamer Show is turning out to be another borefest like it was last year.

Biggest bombshell: Rockstar will actually show up, and they will announce the sequel everyone has been waiting for:
Bully 2

Also, a previously unannounced game (probably a remake) will be announced and "available to download RIGHT NOW." And not just some mobile game like Fallout Shelter - a complete console game experience. One that will induce collective gasps and electronic wallet openings.

Finally, the big announcement of FINAL FANTASY TACTICS 2 for the Playstation 4 and Xbox One.

Edit: Also, a suggestion for those planning next year's EA conference: Take the EA Sports stuff out of the E3 conference and do a separate video release just for EA Sports titles. The people watching the conference stream live are generally not your core demographic. A nicely edited video highlighting all of your sports titles would do the job just fine, and then gamers could stop complaining about the EA Sports section of the EA conference.

TAS

Guys, do we know if PlayStation Experience is happening this year? I think we should have heard something by now. :(

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Sony is in the uncomfortable position of following up the best E3 of all times. And I feel they almost can pull it off.

I'm expecting to be wowed by Nintendo. I really want a console I want. I know it won't be there or maybe they're playing coy. They really need to start playing ball.

Microsoft will be interesting to watch. This is the E3 where might get to see their future stakes in the industry. It could be both kinds of horror show.

Guys, do we know if PlayStation Experience is happening this year? I think we should have heard something by now. :(

Pretty sure its an annual thing and I THINK that they didn't announce anything on it last year until after their E3 press conference. I could be wrong, but that's how I remember it happening last year.

So if that's the case, expect some details later this summer, I guess?

DKHF

Any idea if Square Enix plans on having their own show this year? It seems not, but want to be sure I don't miss any Kingdom Hearts news. Seems like this time last year we already had a scheduled time and date.
I don't think they are having one this year. They announced their conference on April 23 last year, so it seems too late (though Sony just announced theirs so it's still possible they announce one).

I'm guessing KH will be shown at Sony's conference. Back to back trailers of 2.8 and III probably. If SE can't get a slot for it at Sony's conference then they might just do what they did with 2.5 and announce 2.8 details in the week before E3. Though I think 2.8 will get better treatment than 2.5 because it basically contains a KHIII demo, so it has a better chance of appearing at Sony's conference.

Top Bottom