• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2016 Predictions & Discussion thread

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I decided to do 2 different countdown picture today because I really like both art style since they're pretty distinct. And I have hard time to decide which one to go with.

9RGrnWO.png

1SDSI18.png

Corpsepyre

Banned
Well, last year's press conference was widely known as the press conference of "Dreams," given that it contained The Last Guardian, Final Fantasy VII Remake, and Shenmue III. (Also, there was an actual game called Dreams.) GopherD, a known Sony insider, says "Challenge accepted" to Y2Kev, who says he doesn't see how this year's press conference can possibly live up to last year's, and goes on to write a poem about how it will be "Dreams 2.0," through which he hints at it being an onslaught of titles showing everything Sony has in order to provide an exciting show while disregarding marketing schedules and spacing out reveals.

Hmm. Seems too good to be true, honestly. Sony loves revealing things late, so this would be a nice surprise if they just go all-out and give a killer showing and get everyone, with varying tastes, excited.

Zedox

What could possibly happen (or I guess a dream) is that Microsoft could announce a "Alexa/Google Home" competitor that connects to your Xbox One wirelessly and has a 360 degree "Kinect" camera. It would do the same things as the other devices but can do things to help you in games with voice. The 360 Kinect camera is for the login stuff. Obviously that's a wild speculation (probably 100% not going to happen)

HF2014

Hoping for:

- No ps4k and xb1.5 announcment.
- Sony drop playstation now and announce backward compatible ps3 and ps1.
- A new single player Elder Scroll game announced, or a Skyrim remastered?
- A real Star Wars single player experience showned.
- Blizzard reveal Diablo 3 expansion pack no.2 and feature the Necromancer.
- Spelunky 2!
- NX surprise announcment.
- Forza Sports, with Driveclub visuals!
- Capcom show Resident Evil 2 remake.

Well thats it for now.

Ushay

My predictions

#1 Bioware announce their new project, an adventure/action RPG hybrid with open world MMO elements. Their answer to games like Destiny and Division.

#2 MS will announce new hardware. This will be their opportunity to show the new direction at team Xbox, along with a list of publishers supporting previous titles, demos etc

#3 Destiny 2 is announced at Sonys presser, along with a demo running on PS4K

#4 Banjo Kazooie is revealed as Rares other project.

#5 Undead Labs reveal their project.

#6 Santa Monica show their game.. finally.

Eggbok

My predictions

#1 Bioware announce their new project, an adventure/action RPG hybrid with open world MMO elements. Their answer to games like Destiny and Division.

#2 MS will announce new hardware. This will be their opportunity to show the new direction at team Xbox, along with a list of publishers supporting previous titles, demos etc

Call me crazy but I feel like Destiny 2 is a game they would probably save for PSX and let it be the closer.
I'm also hoping that's the case deep down, there is already like 7 minutes wasted on Call of Duty lol.

Kudo

Call me crazy but I feel like Destiny 2 is a game they would probably save for PSX and let it be the closer.
I'm also hoping that's the case deep down, there is already like 7 minutes wasted on Call of Duty lol.

Is it even confirmed they're going to have PSX this year?

Too many games to list I'd want to hear about, but from top of my head I just want to hear about what they're doing with FromSoft next and Persona 5 & TLG release dates.

Eggbok

Is it even confirmed they're going to have PSX this year?

Too many games to list I'd want to hear about, but from top of my head I just want to hear about what they're doing with FromSoft next and Persona 5 & TLG release dates.

Adam Boyes said that PSX would be annual at the very first PSX so even if they haven't announced it yet, it's coming.

Abdiel

Hoping for:

- No ps4k and xb1.5 announcment.
- Sony drop playstation now and announce backward compatible ps3 and ps1.
- A new single player Elder Scroll game announced, or a Skyrim remastered?
- A real Star Wars single player experience showned.
- Blizzard reveal Diablo 3 expansion pack no.2 and feature the Necromancer.
- Spelunky 2!
- NX surprise announcment.
- Forza Sports, with Driveclub visuals!
- Capcom show Resident Evil 2 remake.

Well thats it for now.

Why do people act like Playstation Now is the reason they don't do backwards compatibility? The PS4 is *not* capable of playing PS3 games. It's not possible. This has been rehashed to death, it cannot be done!

Sigh. Playstation Now is just a way to offer access to those games, and it isn't even primarily targeted at PS4 owners, it's way more lucrative to offer it to people without game consoles, through devices like smart TVs and the like.

PS1 playback though, I'd like to see. Just because I have a big library of those on my Vita already I'd like to roll forward.

Fat4all

Banned
What could possibly happen (or I guess a dream) is that Microsoft could announce a "Alexa/Google Home" competitor that connects to your Xbox One wirelessly and has a 360 degree "Kinect" camera. It would do the same things as the other devices but can do things to help you in games with voice. The 360 Kinect camera is for the login stuff. Obviously that's a wild speculation (probably 100% not going to happen)

Sounds like sommit more for CES instead of E3.

besiktas1

I'm calling it now.
Halo 5 Apex edition for Windows 10.
Free to play multilayer, financed by req packs.
Cross play with PC.

Elios83

Its kinda hard to predict Microsoft E3.

Hard??
It's totally easy.

Gears of War 4 will be their main showcase title.
Since they have got the marketing rights to BF1 expect a big live demo of that game.
They have to talk about Halo Wars 2, the Rare pirates game, new Forza, Crackdown 3.
They need to disclose wtf happened to Recore, they might give an update about Scalebound.
Add to that indies, some third party demos/world premieres+ non gaming Win10/Live related stuff and the conference is done.
Of course they will try to bring a couple of surprises but 90% of their conference is pretty obvious.
They might cut the price to 299$ permanently to try to get rid of current inventory if a slimlined/upgraded model is coming this fall.

Jurassic World game announced for PC and Consoles. Open world, great visuals on Unreal Engine 4, filled with tons of fan service Easter Eggs and canon expansion. It will take place of Isla Nublar, and bridge some of the gap between JP and JW.

It ends up being f2p 'MMO' lite action, with okish gameplay and next to no single player experience.

daTRUballin

My predictions

Nope. I don't think so, unfortunately. It's probably going to be Battletoads.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=203423970

Kouichi

My hopes:

Sucker Punch's next game
Infamous Remastered Collection
Playstation All-Stars "sequel"
Suicide Squad

At least one of these will complete E3 for me.

delSai

My hopes:

Sucker Punch's next game
Infamous Remastered Collection
Playstation All-Stars "sequel"
Suicide Squad

At least one of these will complete E3 for me.

Yes to all of these. Would be an amazing E3 for me if those show up. Especially the All-Stars sequel.

The God

Curious about the Dreams 2.0 thing cuz I'm not sure what other "mythical" games that a realistic chance of happening are left.

Crash is the obvious one. Devil May Cry 5 maybe?

labaronx

Hard??
It's totally easy.

Gears of War 4 will be their main showcase title.
Since they have got the marketing rights to BF1 expect a big live demo of that game.
They have to talk about Halo Wars 2, the Rare pirates game, new Forza, Crackdown 3.
They need to disclose wtf happened to Recore, they might give an update about Scalebound.
Add to that indies, some third party demos/world premieres+ non gaming Win10/Live related stuff and the conference is done.
Of course they will try to bring a couple of surprises but 90% of their conference is pretty obvious.
They might cut the price to 299$ permanently to try to get rid of current inventory if a slimlined/upgraded model is coming this fall.

Ill add Titanfall 2 to that list

JTripper

I know Disney Interactive won't be there but maybe we'll get more Kingdom Hearts 3 info from Square and maybe a release date for 2.8? Is Square having a conference?

Ray Down

Banned
I know Disney Interactive won't be there but maybe we'll get more Kingdom Hearts 3 info from Square and maybe a release date for 2.8? Is Square having a conference?

We could get a date for 2.8 snce it still scheduled for this year and no SE isn't doing a conference.

Why do people act like Playstation Now is the reason they don't do backwards compatibility? The PS4 is *not* capable of playing PS3 games. It's not possible. This has been rehashed to death, it cannot be done!

Sigh. Playstation Now is just a way to offer access to those games, and it isn't even primarily targeted at PS4 owners, it's way more lucrative to offer it to people without game consoles, through devices like smart TVs and the like.

PS1 playback though, I'd like to see. Just because I have a big library of those on my Vita already I'd like to roll forward.

Because reasons, people tend to forget that PS3 ran Cell and its extremely hard to emulate even today, and because PSNow exist people seem to believe its feasible for a PS4 to emulate PS3 games.

relewis2011

Neo Member
Can we PLEASE just get a detailed trailer for Kingdom Hearts 3? I know it's probably better served for TGS, but still. I just want it so badly -_-

What I really want -->
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 and 2.5 on Vita please and thank you

daveo42

Banned
Trailer for UC4 Single Player DLC
Trailer for new Sucker Punch title.
Trailer for Bend's new title.
Trailer for new, unannounced Sony Japan RPG
GoW trailer.
TLG Release date
Horizon Release date
Cerny gets back in the tub with Crash
Capcom Re-announces Deep Down
EA Star Wars Single player game reveals
Ubisoft details on Watch Dogs
Bethesda announced Quake Reboot
MS announces their half-step up console
New Rare title teased
Sony spends 20 minutes on PS Vue/Movie services

L4D3 would be nice.

Valve would need to learn how to count to three first.

TaterTots

Banned
They did that what.. once? With Portal 2? Or did they also do it with L4D2 via conference? I don't remember.

They did it for both L4D games and Portal 2. They go to E3 when they have something, but they don't have their own conference obviously.

EDIT: They also shown off CS:GO at E3. Didn't know about that one.

Surfinn

L4D2 was at the MS press conference, IIRC.

They did it for both L4D games and Portal 2. They go to E3 when they have something, but they don't have their own conference obviously.

EDIT: They also shown off CS:GO at E3. Didn't know about that one.

Thanks. Were they actually listed in the vendor section at E3 when they used other dev's conferences for their reveal? Don't remember.

Top Bottom