• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 Nintendo Direct 2013.6.11 - 11 pm Japan Time, 3 pm BST, 10 am EDT, 7 am PDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
I added a lot of new people.. and of course Cheesemeister..

iCVgIqZWONBPF.png

Hell yeah I'm on the hype train!

Would easily destroy the third WiiU e3 in a row for me if they make it MP only. :| (and I thought it couldnt get worse, fu) Guess it would be okay like NSMBW whose leveldesign is still awesome played alone.

It would fit Nintendo's actual strategy to gather familys and casual gamers to the console. I can already imagine the next TV spot with 2 parents and 2 kids playing Mario 3D and the mom supports the kids with the GamePad..... :(

Would be cool if your going through levels and puzzles using different power ups in single player, yet in online multiplayer each player is a different power up for different things so you can achieve the goal. One person fire mario, tanooki mario, regular mario, frog mario, doing different shit to progress. Call it mario 128 of course.

Would be cool if your going through levels and puzzles using different power ups in single player, yet in online multiplayer each player is a different power up for different things so you can achieve the goal. One person fire mario, tanooki mario, regular mario, frog mario, doing different shit to progress. Call it mario 128 of course.
But wouldn't it be better if the game has a bunch of different characters from the Mario universe? Mario, Luigi, Wario, Rosalina, Bowser, Bowser Jr, Yoshi, Birdo, WALUIGI, Toad etc...

Elfteiroh

But wouldn't it be better if the game has a bunch of different characters from the Mario universe? Mario, Luigi, Wario, Rosalina, Bowser, Bowser Jr, Yoshi, Birdo, WALUIGI, Toad etc...

He needed more attention. Really. It was too subtle... Ah who am I kidding? That's what I wanted to see:
But wouldn't it be better if the game has a bunch of different characters from the Mario universe? WALUIGI, WALuigi, WALUIGI, WALUIGI, WALUIGI, WALUIGI Jr, WALUIGI, WALUIGI, WALUIGI, WALUIGI etc...

skypunch

Banned
Would easily destroy the third WiiU e3 in a row for me if they make it MP only. :| (and I thought it couldnt get worse, fu) Guess it would be okay like NSMBW whose leveldesign is still awesome played alone.

Yeah, it would suck. Just the thought alone really worries me. But then I remember it's just a rumour and feel a little bit more relieved. Only thing we can do is wait for official info come E3.

Yeah, it would suck. Just the thought alone really worries me. But then I remember it's just a rumour and feel a little bit more relieved. Only thing we can do is wait for official info come E3.

On the other hand, Aonuma also plans involvement from more players in Zelda and X also looks MMOesque in certain parts. Ugh, separate that shit from the main game or leave it in the gazillion multiplayer franchises you already have...

honestly pikmin 3, game and wario, wonderful 101 and lego city undercover constitute a good start

i'd be happy with one more major game, the indwaker remake and a suprise

thefro

As a a sorta sister game to Zelda I always thought they could just transition it into 3D adventure...people always imagine what a Zelda from retro would be like well heres there chance to make, without the confines of it actually being a zelda game.

If they want it to sell, it'd end up being some sort of Zelda/Uncharted/Tomb Raider hybrid. Move Mike Jones from being a teenager into his 20s at least, give him some folks that he's working with besides his uncle. You'd want to homage the yo-yo and have a weapon that feels like that but is still credible in the game.

I guess the big difference would be the combat would be based around melee weapons and you'd only have limited ammo for your various guns that you pick up. You'd incorporate some puzzle elements into the platforming and it'd be more diverse than the railroad that Uncharted is. You'd have aliens and more sci-fi stuff the further you get into the game.

guek

Banned

What the fuck.

I went straight to bed last night and I wake up this morning with box full of PMs when I specifically said I wasn't confident enough to say anything, just that I had heard some things along the grapevine.

In retrospect that was pretty dumb of me. All I wanted to do was pour some more fuel on the fire but I didn't expect my inbox to explode or people to start making stuff up. I didn't PM anyone and I'm not planning on doing so unless I have to talk to a mod to avoid getting banned. Please just forget I said anything :-(

Kacho

What the fuck.

I went straight to bed last night and I wake up this morning with box full of PMs when I specifically said I wasn't confident enough to say anything, just that I had heard some things along the grapevine.

In retrospect that was pretty dumb of me. All I wanted to do was pour some more fuel on the fire but I didn't expect my inbox to explode or people to start making stuff up. I didn't PM anyone and I'm not planning on doing so unless I have to talk to a mod to avoid getting banned. Please just forget I said anything :-(

Wow. Someone made that up?

D-e-f-

Banned
What's the chance we see Wind Waker HD at this Direct? Wonder if it'll look very different since the last time we saw it or if it'll still be a bloom fest.
I'll take bloom fest over nothing though.

Master, there's a 90% probability that Wind Waker HD will be fully revealed in this Nintendo Direct!

It's coming this Fall. There is no less than 100% certainty that this will be in the Direct.

Senator Soufflé;59210153 said:
Requesting a seat on the train please.

Wouldn't mind a Only for GC PAL logo too, but that might be pushing it.

Sort of off topic but does Genius Sonority count as Nintendo owned? By that do I mean does Denpamen belong to them and is it expected that they might announce a new game?

onlyforgartheikkw.jpg

Denpa 2 came out last November in Japan. I think it's a little early for another one. It's coming out next week in the west. That would be very odd timing. It's a game that gets announced in random regular Directs. Remember those exist as well and there'll be another one at the end of June.

Based on that GIF, are we really expecting StarTropics by Retro?
:0

No but has become the official "crazy" Nintendo-rumor of pre-E3 2013 :)

I still hope there's a single player mode for the new Mario. Nintendo wouldn't not include it, would they?
That'd be a bit disappointing...

If you know ANYTHING about Nintendo's design philosophy, you will know that there is NOTHING to worry about.

On the other hand, Aonuma also plans involvement from more players in Zelda and X also looks MMOesque in certain parts. Ugh, separate that shit from the main game or leave it in the gazillion multiplayer franchises you already have...

Why? If it is Dark-Souls-like in nature it can totally be just part of the game while being optional.

Right, I remember that.
She ended up saying that the E3 tweet had nothing to do with the beneficial to owning both tweets, though.
https://twitter.com/Emi1yRogers/status/326371186126778369
Guek's rumor probably has nothing to do with her tweets.

It definitely hasn't. I kinda-sorta know what she referred to (and weirdly, I totally forgot about that until just now haha) and it was completely unrelated to guek's (edit: apparently made up by someone else) Mario rumor (also not directly related to a game).

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
What the fuck.

so you didn't send this PM, as BowieZ claimed.

hey yeah so apparently -- and this is definately not some crazy breaking news or anything -- but the rumor im hearing from my friend who is involved in noa is that the as-yet-untitled wii u mario game is heavily multiplayer and focuses on crossplay with 3ds and may or may not be online enabled

Hmm, then I'd best keep the name of the originator of that fake PM secret... I think? I mean lol can you even get banned for faking a fake rumor?? lol

Even if it were real, I don't think it was a good idea to post it in the thread in the first place. I'm going to assume someone PMed you, claiming that guek PMed that message to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom