• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA censors its own support number on its forums

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
TDm.gif

Needs the gunshots.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Glad I sold all my shares of this company a few weeks ago.

Paches

It's over, period. EA lost their last ace, and that's the end of their hopes and dreams.

It's not hyperbole, it's not fanboy drivel. It is LITERALLY it for EA. EA has nothing left, nothing they can reveal tomorrow would fix the hole now created. There is no reason left for any one, hardcore or casual, to substantively invest in EA.

The age of EA is done.

stuminus3

Shame these boneheads still haven't realised they need me more than I need them.

There will be no industry crash, except for EA.

Revven

I predict it now:

"And the Fail of the Year goes to... SimCitygate!" or whatever the official title of all of this huge mess will be lol.

It's over, period. EA lost their last ace, and that's the end of their hopes and dreams.

It's not hyperbole, it's not fanboy drivel. It is LITERALLY it for EA. EA has nothing left, nothing they can reveal tomorrow would fix the hole now created. There is no reason left for any one, hardcore or casual, to substantively invest in EA.

The age of EA is done.

I don't think it is quite that bad but I'm not going to be buying anything they make unless it has been a few weeks after launch. How you can screw up Simcity is beyond me. They have a template for success and still botched it. This isn't like Spore where you tried something completely new.

what games did bull frog make?
Dungeon Keeper and Populous

Jindujun

Neo Member
Theme Hostpital
Dungeon Keeper 1 and 2
Syndicate
Populous

Just to name a few,once a great studio same thing with westwood. Great talents sucked dry like a sponge to EA.

You know, I'm still pissed to this day that EA killed Dungeon Keeper 3...

I don't think it is quite that bad but I'm not going to be buying anything they make unless it has been a few weeks after launch. How you can screw up Simcity is beyond me. They have a template for success and still botched it. This isn't like Spore where you tried something completely new.

Take a look at what Spore was supposed to be in Will Wrights original vision. The spore we got was not what he had in mind from the start

I'd be avoiding calls too if a bunch of uninformed redditors kept calling me trying to get their money back because they don't understand the difference between DRM and an online game.

Riggs

Banned
what games did bull frog make?

Hi Octane baby!!!!

That shit was so legit, I remember playing the shareware version for hours on end.

Lots of others that were popular but that was my special game : )

Enjoyed it so much.

" DRM is a class of controversial access control technologies that are used by hardware manufacturers"

If it looks like DRM and acts like DRM? It's DRM

Nah it's gamers enjoying the always online experience. Get your spin skills up son!

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I'd be avoiding calls too if a bunch of uninformed redditors kept calling me trying to get their money back because they don't understand the difference between DRM and an online game.

" DRM is a class of controversial access control technologies that are used by hardware manufacturers"
" DRM is any technology that inhibits uses of digital content that are not desired or intended by the content provider."
in·hib·it

Verb
Hinder, restrain, or prevent (an action or process).
Prevent or prohibit someone from doing something.
Synonyms
prohibit - prevent - hinder - restrain - impede - debar

If it looks like DRM and acts like DRM? It's DRM

awa64

Banned

The difference being that an online game has functionality that requires internet connectivity in order to function, whereas always-online DRM will just phone home every so often and unceremoneously close your game if it doesn't get a response even though the game would otherwise work perfectly fine.

Guess which one SimCity does.

I know you aren't, but every time I read one of your posts about Sim City, I'm genuinely surprised you aren't paid to do this.

Derrick01

Banned

It's like you want a dozen people to just say "tag quote" in every negative EA thread you post in.

Top Bottom