• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA files trademarks for Desert Strike

0_0

I had to look this up because it sounded familiar and then I realized I played this game to death on my Sega Genesis way back when. Looking forward to seeing what happens with this.

Curufinwe

Touch based and worthless remake of the good old game is my guess.

Probably, but hopefully more like Renegade Ops.

RenegadeOpsScreen.jpg

Probably one of my favorite game series of all time. I'd LOVE to play a new Desert Strike. Just keep it 3D isometric with the same basic mechanics and I'll buy it on day one.

I have no hope that this will be a good thing. An HD remake, sign me up. A Syndicate style reboot, GTFO. I had so much fun with Desert Strike, Jungle Strike and Urban Strike. Fortunately they hold up really well.

OmahaG8

I've played a lot of this game. . . watched my friends and his brothers play a lot of this game.

I'm not sure at any point in time anybody enjoyed what they were playing.

I remember really liking the crane/hoist mechanics.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
They are really invested in bringing back their 90s IP
as mobile F2P and/or browser-based F2P games

I have no hope that this will be a good thing. An HD remake, sign me up. A Syndicate style reboot, GTFO.
It's probably neither of those.

Tirod

I would absolutely love a re-release/remake/reboot of this game.

Desert Strike holds a special place in my heart as it was one of the first video games I've played, just after Sonic 1 and 2.

expect it to be the opposite of what we'd all want.

microtransactions, f2p, browser and mobile based, X amount of lives per day without ponying up cash, Origin account required... etc.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Wasn't their a Desert Strike in development about a decade ago but EA figured it might be insensitive or tacky with the Iraq War going on?

Soviet Strike and Nuclear Strike were the shit. I also remember a video on Nuclear Strike for it's sequel, Future Strike. That game became Futurecop: LAPD.

Soviet Strike and Nuclear Strike were the shit. I also remember a video on Nuclear Strike for it's sequel, Future Strike. That game became Futurecop: LAPD.
They could have gone a different direction: Nano Strike, you play as a souped up white blood cell destroying infections.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
I loved the Strike games. I once met Flint Dille at a game writer gathering/party/symposium thing, and he mentioned that he wrote Soviet Strike (as well as several GI Joe and Transformers cartoons back in the '80s). I geeked out a bit and told him how much I liked the game and quoted some favorite lines from it. He was a little floored that someone was actually quoting Soviet Strike lines to him, but was glad someone out there enjoyed it that much.

I am totally on board for new Strike games, especially if it means some re-releases of the classic Strikes.

oggob

Desert, Jungle, Urban, Soviet & Nuclear, played and loved them all... Though I can't see this being what we all want...

Even though I have the physical games, EA can you please release the PSone titles on the PAL store, so I can buy them and then play them on the Vita? Thanks!

Pallad1um

I never played the majority of this franchise, but I do love the ones I played - Desert Strike on the Mega Drive, and Soviet Strike on the Saturn. Amazing games. I would love a comeback!

God, if they fuck this up...

How much do you want to bet it will not be a top-down 3d Isometric view?

They will attempt to bastardize the franchise by making it all dudebro guaranteed.

CANNOT WAIT.

Here's hoping that any new game still includes different pilots so I can fly with the guy/girl with mad winch skills. Gots to pick up my fuel.

Angelcurio

EA just needs to hire Avalanche Studios to make the game using the Renegade Ops engine. That game was gorgeous, and also had a little helicopter segment in one of the levels.

Top Bottom