• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA files trademarks for Desert Strike

Mashing

Jungle Strike was the better game, but I won't lie, my friends and I played the shit out of both games. So much fun.

640x360_14694_Apache_Longbow_3d_game_art_lowpoly_longbow_apache_helicopter_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

One can dream...

desert-strike-21.jpg

Megadrive FTW.
I only ever rented it from the local corner store, but being a small town boy at the time, we used spend a lot of time building tree forts and drawing army maps on paper that looked exactly like this, so when we played Jungle Strike for the first time we thought it was so awesome to see an army map actually realized and interactive on TV... Ah, we were so easily impressed in those days.

None of you infidels played Soviet and Nuclear strike? How disappointing

Nuclear Strike is the only Strike game I didn't finish. For some reason, it doesn't have the oomph that its predecessors have for me.

Maybe I should dust my PS1 and get back to it.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
If this is related to an HD digital title, I am all in. I loved those Strike games.

Lynd7

Cool, my dad and I used to love Desert Strike. It was pretty hard though, don't think I ever got close to finishing it.

Daffy Duck

I'd pay for a good HD remake of this series. One of my all time favourites.

Please EA if you do this, do it properly.

Hope it's not a mobile game.

Damn. I've been waiting for this moment. Have played and aced every strike game that matters.

Hire me, EA. I'll ensure you make the best Strike game ever. Ever!

Step 1: Use assets from Battlefield 4.
Step 2: Use Frostbite Engine.
Step 3: Isometric or bust. Bust!
Step 4: The music needs to stay.
Step 5: Only and ONLY control helicopter. Please no shooter bits where you are some soldier on the fucking ground. I already have BF4 for that.
Step 6: Music needs to return. Hire Simon Viklund.
Step 7: Coop play. Either two choppers, or one man controls the gunner.
Step 8: Customization is key. Chopper, color, guns, ammos, attachments and more. Please don't restrict this shit for DLC!

As a fan of the original game, I should feel happy, but this is EA. If only this was for 3DS/Vita; but it's more likely to land on iOS/Android.

RAIDEN1

Hopefully its not an android etc release...HD update for PC/PSN/XB-live would do nicely....and I agree there is a very real chance that EA will screw it up...and try to make it out to be something its not...

Must say though apart from vaguely remembering playing the original on the Amiga, and a brief play on Jungle strike I haven't played any of the other releases...is there anyway to get them for free on PC? Or are they available for the PS/Xbox 360?

Kosma

Banned
Helicopter crashes and you're on foot for 90% of the game. 10% is flashbacks of you in the chopper with limited control.

Out of fuel/ammo = microtransactions

Jawmuncher

Damn. I've been waiting for this moment. Have played and aced every strike game that matters.

Hire me, EA. I'll ensure you make the best Strike game ever. Ever!

Step 1: Use assets from Battlefield 4.
Step 2: Use Frostbite Engine.
Step 3: Isometric or bust. Bust!
Step 4: The music needs to stay.
Step 5: Only and ONLY control helicopter. Please no shooter bits where you are some soldier on the fucking ground. I already have BF4 for that.
Step 6: Music needs to return. Hire Simon Viklund.
Step 7: Coop play. Either two choppers, or one man controls the gunner.
Step 8: Customization is key. Chopper, color, guns, ammos, attachments and more. Please don't restrict this shit for DLC!

I have a feeling that's what were going to get.
Probably something akin to Assault Horizon where half the missions are the chopper and the other the soldier.

LoveCake

BRING IT BACK

Jungle Strike too while we're at it.

Jungle Strike was the best, i loved that night time mission where you were flying over a Jungle & then once you had shot a load of stuff you had to land & then get into a F117-A Stealth Fighter, it was great because the screen was basically black & you had to navigate with a radar but you could only see anything when you fired a missile that would light up the screen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJauWPejyug

kanuuna

I just came here to post this.
I'd kinda want to see a HD remake of Jungle Strike. Maybe it hasn't aged well, but I would definitely get it for nostalgia's sake.

Top Bottom