• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Origin (Cyber Monday) Sale [Arkham City $25, Bastion $7.5, BF3=$30, Crysis 2=$10]

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I'd like to see Steam price match Arkham City for today's Daily Deals.

Nabs

I am considering getting Fifa 12 on Origin for $20. How is the PC version?

I played the demo and it was pretty good. It ran very well and supported the 360 pad just fine. I don't have the full version, but I have people telling me to buy it. It was $16 bucks on Origin a few weeks ago, but I think I'll wait a bit longer.

hlhbk

Ohh, might grab that and start downloading mods for it again.

Looks like it is working in Canada too, but I haven't bought anything yet. BF3 for 25$ is pretty tempting though...

Is NHL 09 on PC as good as it was on the consoles? What mods are there?

Darklord

Banned
Origin will never compete with its horrible region locking. Even steam has a sale, it's for EVERYONE.

Edit: LOL Batman isn't even in origin for me let alone on sale.

I can't believe Arkham City for PC is 50% off when it came out 3 fucking days ago. I feel completely ripped off that I paid almost full price for it.

Ploid 3.0

I click the arkham city link but I don't know where to find it.

Found it. Even if I clicked on it's image it sent me to the link in the op which didn't have Batman. Weird.

Sober

Is NHL 09 on PC as good as it was on the consoles? What mods are there?
NHL09 is still the last-gen version (i.e. PS2 version). Modders just keep it alive by keeping it updated as much as possible (up to date rosters, higher-resolution textures for arenas, jerseys, faces, etc.). Of course they can only do so much ... I am curious how they handled Winnipeg being a team again since I'm pretty sure they don't have the announcers saying "Winnipeg" ever in the last couple of NHL games.

I stopped after 07 on the PC but it was pretty modable (and if you have NHL 2004 you could convert some of the texture work back from 06-09 to 2004, which is what I did sometimes), and I'm pretty sure there is a tool that lets you mod AI behaviour (don't remember how limited it was though).

Derrick01

Banned
I can't believe Arkham City for PC is 50% off when it came out 3 fucking days ago. I feel completely ripped off that I paid almost full price for it.

Yeah I won't lie I'm feeling kind of upset about it too and I got it on Steam for $40. It's kind of another slap in the face from WB and Rocksteady. The handling of this port is up there on the list of worst managed ports ever. It's been all but confirmed that they just delayed it to push console sales too.

morningbus said:
I'm not sure of the validity of this, but I sure do love a good videogame conspiracy theory. From the Steam forum:

I was doing some... analyzing of the game and managed to extract the build details.

Build name: QA_APPROVED_BUILD_JANUARY_2011
Compiled on: September 27th, 2011 at 18:18.21

The build of the game we have was compiled at the end of September. Probably the same time the console versions were. This gives almost a month worth of Gold which is normal.

And last QA approval was in January...

So... Since this build of the game was compiled on September 27th, almost a month before the console release, noone could possibly have worked to improve any graphics or implementing any PhysX from October 18th till November 15-18th (When it was spotted in stores).

It's exactly like I thought. All that, was implemented long ago, and the delay was just to gain more console sales

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=32932174&postcount=1469

Ploid 3.0

Loving this new Origin, lot of deals. Origin, Amazon Download, Steam, GMG, etc etc. Going to upgrade my PC with all of these savings and better graphics. I think Amazon Download have the best deals though, well for the games I like.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination

It's almost like Rocksteady's way of apologizing for the delay and general inconveniences with the PC version.

Chrysalis

Wait for it......

Dragon Age II for 9.99. *Don't hit me*

Actually, I've been waiting for a reasonable bomba price to try this for myself. Has the dlc been any good? Am I screwing myself not waiting for the Ultimate edition?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
It's almost like Rocksteady's way of apologizing for the delay and general inconveniences with the PC version.

Ha, but the unfortunate thing is that those most effected by the delay were the ones who went ahead and pre-purchased it. I almost did, but thankfully I held strong.

Wait for it......

Dragon Age II for 9.99. *Don't hit me*

Actually, I've been waiting for a reasonable bomba price to try this for myself. Has the dlc been any good? Am I screwing myself not waiting for the Ultimate edition?

You will hate it long before you are done with it, so don't bother waiting for ultimate edition with dlc.

Sober

Ha, but the unfortunate thing is that those most effected by the delay were the ones who went ahead and pre-purchased it. I almost did, but thankfully I held strong.
Fuck, I put 23 or so hours into it after pre-ordering it on Steam, I ain't even mad
though frankly surprised
. At least the Steam version will probably get inevitable DLC discounts, so have fun using GFWL/XBL Marketplace to buy DLC (or buy the GOTY when it's on sale later).

I need to feel good about myself.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
i'll wait til 10am pst to see if i should get it on origin :p

This is what I'm doing. It's not unheard of for a DD outlet to offer the same deal before Steam during concurrent sales, but it's not often that you see such a high profile game slashed to 50% just a few days after release. I have a feeling that EA worked something out with WB to draw attention to their BF sale. Pretty psyched to play it tomorrow, though, fuckin loved the first game.

heads up.. batman arkham city just crashed for me towards the end, my save file is now corrupt

besides me others have complained of the same issue in the PC thread, the corrupt only happens when the game crashes and boy does it crash A LOT

The only game anyone knows of that REQUIRES Origin is Battlefield 3

Every other game it just downloads and runs an installer and once it is installed you don't need Origin open to run it, you can even uninstall Origin. No different than D2D or GamersGate. So far.

Top Bottom