• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Origin (Cyber Monday) Sale [Arkham City $25, Bastion $7.5, BF3=$30, Crysis 2=$10]

Aye, Steam have it right, EA fail, much like Blizzard who only applied the Black Friday SC2 deal to the US.

"oh noes u no liek fanksgiving? no sale 4u"

Really? the game is 50% off here in Chile.

Actually, Blizzard has made an incredible job here. First we got some special versions of the game (6 month subscription for $28, and then we got a 2 month subscription for $8, which you could upgrade later to the "full game"). And they also implemented a system were you could pay for their digital games with cash.

That's really big, because you don't even need a credit card. You could go to a supermarket and pay for a digital game. Well played Blizzard.

And then we have EA... they won't even let me buy from Origin, what a joke.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I wanted batman for 360 with dat controller and xbl leaderboards :( damn this is really tempting.

Rather pointless going 360. Controller is obvious but 360 leader boards? Garbage, it should be a no brainer even if you're only running AC on mid settings. Your money though :)

Too bad you couldn't trade stuff or I would be on some of these.

Derrick01

Banned
How do the achievements work for Batman? Does it use Games for Windows Live or somethin?

Yes. It's kind of weird because if you buy it on Steam when you get an achievement it pops up on Live and Steam at the same time. Never had that happen before.

For those who are unaware, with Origin you do not need to have the client running after you install the game. You can just boot up Origin, install it, and then never have to run the Origin client again.

LQX

Wow, thread title really is not giving this sale any justice. Pretty much 50% off every game out which is better than many sites including Amazon on certain games like BF3 on consoles.

Salaadin

About 17gb.

Any idea why Origin said I needed 30GBs worth of space free?
Its not a big deal, Im just wondering why I need 30GBs free for a 17GB game.

Wow, thread title really is not giving this sale any justice. Pretty much 50% off every game out which is better than many sites including Amazon on certain games like BF3 on consoles.
I agree. If I wasnt holding out for some console game sales, Id go crazy on Origin.

Wow that is a great price for Arkham City. Going to wait and see if Steam puts up the same price as a daily deal today before I purchase on Origin.

Any idea why Origin said I needed 30GBs worth of space free?
Its not a big deal, Im just wondering why I need 30GBs free for a 17GB game.

I'm guessing ~15GB to download the installation files (what would be on the disc if you bought retail) and another ~15 GB to install it over. I assume once it's done you can just delete the installer.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Wow that is a great price for Arkham City. Going to wait and see if Steam puts up the same price as a daily deal today before I purchase on Origin.

~18 minutes to see if Steam comes through on Arkham City.

Ahh, no UK deal for Arkham but I bagged a Nvidia promotion code on ebay (for relative peanuts!) to replace my since traded PS3 copy. Downloading via Steam now. :)

Dunlop

US only? As in no Canada? Ugh.

is this true?

I would be almost relieved to not have to decide, my Steam backlog is getting stupid and I haven't even touched DA2 from the last Origin sale
3AQmK.gif

But the sweet frosting side in me really wants to play BF3

TheContact

$9 for mass effect 2...amazing for people who haven't played it yet. Go to GameStop and you're paying $30 for a used version...

judhudson

wtf? Why?

Webmaster of one of the biggest Sims sites...plus one of the biggest collections ;)

5255994371_c8055eeb11_z.jpg

(Pic is from Dec. of last year, so there is a lot more games/posters/collectibles/guides I added since then to the shelves)

I know if I asked the EA PR folks, they'd end up sending me them...but I never bother to ask as I don't really like to...so I wait for deals like these to snatch up the missing ones.

2th

Banned
Webmaster of one of the biggest Sims sites...plus one of the biggest collections ;)

5255994371_c8055eeb11_z.jpg

the sheer amount of time you could waste playing all those makes me ill. i mean there is seriously over a lifetime of playing that can be done there. it sends shivers down my spine.

judhudson

You know medieval isn't part of Sims 3 right?

Correct! Similar game engine with tweaks, but alias it's a spinoff. :)

the sheer amount of time you could waste playing all those makes me ill. i mean there is seriously over a lifetime of playing that can be done there. it sends shivers down my spine.

I don't blame you. Many of the older games I had for a long, long time - ever since release. I use to play the games a lot back when I was younger, and my dad saved the boxes. I pretty much stopped playing full time with TS2/TS3 and just dabble in it for about a week when a new game comes out. I usually end up covering news on the series/company and collect the games.

Those that can play it for hours straight though, I don't even know how...it does indeed get repetitive after awhile.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Ahh, no UK deal for Arkham but I bagged a Nvidia promotion code on ebay (for relative peanuts!) to replace my since traded PS3 copy. Downloading via Steam now. :)

ITS £25!!!

Sorry, but thats the 3rd time I've had to say it. How is nobody else seeing that - just go to origin and search for batman and it comes up

Top Bottom