• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA proposes to buy Take 2 for.... TWO... BILLION... DOLLARS..!! (AHUAHUAHUAHUA)

Borys

Banned
Terrific news.

EA has been on a roll of AAA titles lately, no sane gamer should be against them at this moment.

Past:

Microsoft = evil empire

Google = the good guys

EA = evil empire

Activision = the good guys

Present:

Microsoft = the good guys

Google = evil doers

EA = good guys

Activision = piece of shit

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
rabbids_3.gif

MidiSurf

Banned
Don't really care for Take 2 games. So it's same to me if EA buys them.
And with that price i think Take 2 will soon be property of EA.

Xater

I kinda like the idea of system Shock 3 done by Ken Levine. :D

If this will happen they should buy Take Two. Yes I am that selfish!

No_Style

JCX9 said:
I am indifferent towards this news. What should my reaction be?

If you're a fan of sports games, BioShock's uniqueness and the GTA franchise: You should be making threats against E.A. like a mad man.

kenta

Has no PEINS
house.gif

I really hope either (a) Rockstar is allowed to continue to push the envelope, or (b) somehow they figure out a way to release Rockstar from any contractual ties before Take 2 is swallowed. I'm sure all the other developers under Take 2 could benefit from something like this but Rockstar and EA just doesn't sound like a good match (even acknowledging EA's recent progress)

Tenden

I don't see why this is bothering people so much...

Let this play out, who knows how it'll end. Take-Two being acquired by EA wouldn't be the end of the gaming industry, let alone the world.

JCX9 said:
Scared if you love gaming and don't want to live in a world where only way to buy full game is to pay tons of money through micro-micro-transactions because eventually 95% of all games will be owned by EA.

JDSN

Banned
TheKingsCrown said:
Oh goodness. This is pretty big news. It is my instinct that the current...executive team...will take this offer and run.

Yep, I bet thats how it will go down.

Draft

Xater said:
I kinda like the idea of system Shock 3 done by Ken Levine. :D

If this will happen they should buy Take Two. Yes I am that selfish!
Starbreeze is already making SS3. Let Levine make Freedom Force 3.

colinp

Banned
JCX9 said:

Mass hysteria and irrational fear that this will lead to cats and dogs living together in harmony.

Or just grab some popcorn and watch the festivities as GAF explodes.

Threi

notag
Oh well, what are you going to do. Next thing you know, they will be buying out Capcom, Activision, Electronic Arts, Valve, etc...

might as well just ride it out.

No_Style

Borys said:
Terrific news.

EA has been on a roll of AAA titles lately, no sane gamer should be against them at this moment.

Past:

Microsoft = evil empire

Google = the good guys

EA = evil empire

Activision = the good guys

Present:

Microsoft = the good guys

Google = evil doers

EA = good guys

Activision = piece of shit

:lol

While, I'll agree to E.A.'s improved quality.. WTF @ the rest.

methane47

Borys said:
Terrific news.

Past:

Present:

lol are you crazy??

when did microsoft become the good guys?

And When did google become bad?

Zeke

oh for fucks sakes quit buying shit EA! Ugh I'am not looking froward to butchered up GTA games. I hope you twits fall from grace big time.

I think this is good news. Take 2 seems to be managed poorly in the last few years (big losses when their franchises sell pretty good), so the situation for Take 2's game developers can only improve. And EA's very strong distribution channel (especially outside of the US), can guarantee an even larger audience for their games. It's better they are bought by EA than by some investment fund from outside of the gaming industry.

gofreak said:
Anyone have the full list of EA studios?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronics_Arts#Studios_and_subsidiaries

Current studios

* EA Mobile India, Hyderabad,India
* Criterion Software in Guildford, United Kingdom
* Digital Illusions CE in Stockholm, Sweden
* EA Black Box in Vancouver, British Columbia
* EA Canada in Burnaby, British Columbia
* EA China in Shanghai, China
* EA Los Angeles in Los Angeles, California
* EA Mobile
* EA Montreal in Montreal, Quebec
* EA Casual Entertainment
* EA Mythic in Fairfax, Virginia
* EA Korea in Seoul, South Korea
* EA Byrnest in Mount Sinai, New York
* EA Redwood Shores in Redwood City, California
* EA Singapore [1]
* EA UK Guildford, Surrey
* Maxis in Emeryville, California
* EA Phenomic in Ingelheim, Germany
* EA Tiburon in Maitland, Florida
* EA Salt Lake in Bountiful, Utah (Formerly Headgate Studios)
* EIS (European Integration Studio) in Madrid, Spain
* EA Mobile in Bucharest, Romania
* EA Studio in Bucharest, Romania, from 2008
* BioWare Corp. in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and Austin, Texas, as of January 2008
* Pandemic Studios in Los Angeles, California and Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, as of January 2008

Former studios

* Original HQ in San Mateo, California – moved to Redwood City in 1998
* Origin Systems in Austin, Texas – acquired in 1992, closed in 2004
* Bullfrog Productions in Surrey, England – acquired in 1995, effectively closed in 2001
* EA Baltimore in Baltimore, Maryland – established in 1996 as part of Origin, closed in 2000
* EA Seattle in Seattle, Washington – formerly Manley & Associates, acquired in 1996, closed in 2002
* Maxis in Walnut Creek, California – acquired in 1997, moved in 2004 to Redwood City
* Westwood Studios in Las Vegas, Nevada – acquired in 1998, shut down in 2003
* EA Pacific (known for a time as Westwood Pacific) in Irvine, California – formerly part of Virgin Interactive, acquired with Westwood in 1998, closed in 2003
* Kesmai (known also as GameStorm); acquired in 1999, closed in 2001.
* DICE Canada in London, Ontario (created Battlefield 2: Special Forces expansion, Battlefield Vietnam, and all BF2 patches). Acquired DICE fully October 2, 2006; closed DICE Canada studio hours later.
* EA Japan in Tokyo, Japan – closed due to consolidation; moved under EA Partners model
* EA UK in Chertsey, United Kingdom
* EA Chicago in Chicago, Illinois. Closed November 06 2007 due to failure to meet profit targets.Press Release

Raide

*News Flash!*

Some gaming company pays money for another gaming company, analysts predict the end of world!

In other news...

Top Bottom