• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA shuts down Visceral, moves Star Wars game to EA Vancouver/others

ShadyK54

Damn, this sucks. I was really looking forward to the Star Wars game, too.

Fucking EA. Hope all of the team land on their feet.

Kaiken

Banned
Rot in hell EA. I was really looking forward to this because of Amy. I hope her talent gets scooped up very soon.

Rocketz

:/

tumblr_ok3gzu68av1uxctfio1_500.gif

After Mass Effect Andromeda failure, just imagine how to justify doing a 100% single player game for a big publisher like EA.

Not even using the Star Wars universe is worth the risk, it simply doesn't make sense for them.

Amy should go to Eidos or Readyatdawn.

Also, wasn't Battlefront II our online Star Wars game to go? We surely didn't need another one...

The double whammy of LucasArts' shutdown and 5 years of Star Wars games being almost totally squandered, despite the movies being on top of their game, has to be one of the biggest tragedies this generation. Man.

Peru

Not often I get pissy about gaming news but a linear, story-driven AAA Star Wars game is exactly what I've dreamt of and a potentially brilliant way of seeing that universe. Not like the super-linear Uncharted games do poorly.. damn you EA.

cyba89

Dead Space 1 and 2 were such great games. :(

And GaaS Star Wars? Well that's another EA game I won't buy then. That company really doesn't cater to my personal tastes anymore. The last time I truly enjoyed a game published by EA was when they had stuff like Dead Space 1&2 or the first Mirrors Edge. Really sucks they hold the exclusive Star Wars licence.

edit:
Oh wait. They had Titanfall 2. That game was good.

Ydelnae

Can Disney take Star Wars exclusivity away from EA and give it to someone else please.

Fund another studio within CDPR and have them develop a quality game. I don't know. But I simply don't understand how happy could they be with the mishandling of the franchise in the games department.

Xiao Hu

This sucks so much. I hope that all of the developers can land somewhere safe.

That being said, is Amy moving away now or is she staying with EA? I would love seeing her land a job with either Nintendo or Microsoft tbh.

Also, I take this as the first definite example that teens who grew up on apps asking for loot boxes, games as a service.

It's fine. I've played plenty of great single player games, and that style is pretty much behind us. Incredible stuff like Horizon is a pretty fleeting experience these days. Gone in a few weeks time.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
EA needs to get their shit together. How do they let a veteran studio like Visceral fall apart? Especially when working on such a huge IP?

And this is not long after they let BioWare Montreal flounder about and fuck up ME: Andromeda and then shuddered them immediately after. At least there it was mostly a new team working on their first full game, but Visceral has been around for a while now and delivered several big games pretty consistently.

SRTtoZ

I'm upset about the Star Wars shift but I'm really upset that if another Dead Space game gets made it won't be by Visceral. Fuck this. Almost sounds like theyre transitioning a single player Star Wars game to more of a shared world game...fml

Kinyou

It's weird that the very same EA is cool with publishing such a linear and story focused looking title like "A way out"

I guess they want maximum profit with the Star Wars license.

DKHF

This is depressing cos this was the one AAA Star Wars game in the new EA wave that I really wanted. Also now years of Amy's time has been wasted.

Poor Visceral.

Also I still can't fucking believe EA has exclusivity to the Star Wars IP. We are gonna get jake shit for Star Wars games.

Top Bottom