• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insider Gaming: Everybody who played Respawn's cancelled Mandaloria game thinks it's fantastic

CZYojlK.gif
Nintendo made bounty hunter characters without knowing the actual meaning of the word. And it shows.

Last edited:

Fbh

A shame, hopefully it means they get to work on another single player game though.
A Mandalorian game could be really fun with the Jetpack and all the gadgets.

Doubtful,highly doubtful, Only Mando season 1 was reviewed well after that it lost viewership and ratings as it became the ‘Everybody Else….+ Mando’ show…I really dont think Mando is popular enough at this point to be considered a safe bet, and the movie is going to flop hard.

Mando S2 was well liked too.
It's with S3 that they fucked it up. They basically undid much of the plot in between seasons and since they seemingly didn't know what to do next with the characters the show just became "Bo Katan and the Mandalorian"

diffusionx

Gold Member
I agree with EA. Star Wars is stupid. It's not really that interesting of a world and thanks to Disney's handcuffs, you can't really explore and build out an interesting corner of it (I don't think KOTOR could be done today). It has no young fanbase because Disney torched the franchise. The TV shows and movies are all horrible now. Nobody really cares about the Mandalorian. EA would have to pay massive fees to Disney that cut in top its profitability. Etc. Respawn should be making their own games or reviving old EA properties.

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

Is there a reason I should believe this report? Is "Insider-gaming" known to have any inside information, or is this fanfiction written to grab clicks from the recent announcement of an unannounced game being canceled before it was even announced?

coffinbirth

You know it’s interesting, other than Prime 3 and Hunters, I never counted Metroid because this series always felt more like a space faring, planetary exploration, action-adventure series rather than being about actual bounty hunts.
Oh, you meant literally hunting bounties...yeah, not a lot of those. I mean to be fair, everything you said prior to that sounds exactly like a Star Wars game too, haha.

Chronicle

Yeah but thats one of Neogafs unwritten rules.

Rule #2

All canceled games would've been the best ever! Just check the target render trailer and hype train.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
just make force unleashed remake and reboot the second one.

i miss starwars jedi spectacle

That particular spectacle can fuck off and die. People talk about bad PC ports but that section was fucked on PC with a mouse.

Last edited:
Reskin everything that resembles SW property in the game and make a new IP then.
If the game was that far in development for play testing and describing it as fantastic, is it worth it to just pull the plug?
Maybe reskin rework some story. Turn it into Titanfall 3 or set in Titanfall universe?

Barakov

Gold Member
Hmmm. I wonder if they're going to retool this into the not-Titanfall game that's being rumored?

Top Bottom