• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Sports Grand Slam Tennis (Wii)

With the new Wii MotionPlus, the authentic experience is further enhanced with added shot depth and precise ball placement on the court. Racket rotation is also recognized so you can spin your stick just like the pros do!

This sounds good.

grimmbomb

I'm a tennis nut, so I was hoping to see how realistic EA could make the player models. I guess I'll have to wait for a bit. So far the roster (Sampras, Nadal, Federer, Ivanovic) looks pretty much like what I expect from an EA tennis game. High quality.:D

Gameplay sounds great, too.

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
While it's nice to see another tennis game, I wonder if this will be the start of a new sports franchize from EA? The logo followed the same style as all the other sports games from EA, like FIFA, Fight Night, Madden, NHL etc.

So will we see Grand Slam Tennis 2010, 2011, 2012 etc?

markatisu

schuelma said:
Eventually

Not that it makes a difference, Tennis much like Golf I think will sell better on the Wii (Sega Superstar Tennis for example was selling best on Wii till it became bundled with the 360)

I like the artstyle, its very similar to Shaun White Snowboarding by Ubisoft and something the Wii does very well

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It's called Grand Slam Tennis? Does that mean this rumor is true?

Guitar Hero Metallica
May 29th
XB360, PS3, PS2, Wii.

Ice Age: Dawn Of The Dinosaurs

June 26th (Movie June 26th)
Everything (except PSP)

DJ Hero
July (may slip to Q4)
XB360, PS3, Wii.
- comes with a turntable peripheral
- Paradise City mixed with ABC during demo
- 3 colored buttons and a fader switch

Star Wars Clone Wars - new game(s) expected

Lego Indiana Jones 2 - expected this Sept.

Star Wars Battlefront 3 - next year at the earliest

BOOM BLOX BASH PARTY, Wii – May 2nd

EA SPORTS ACTIVE, Wii – May 15th
- 30 day challenge
- £39.99

MY SIMS RACING, Wii, DS – June 09

GRAND SLAM TENNIS, Wii – June 19th

- real players in cartoon style
- controls appeared sluggish in demo

TIGER WOODS 10, All formats – July 10th

- new courses
- more focus on online
- MotionPlus supported
- more party games

MY SIMS SPECIAL AGENTS Wii, DS – Autumn 09
- EA due to give big push

SimAnimals 2 SAFARI, Wii, DS – Oct 09

CHARM GIRLS CLUB, Wii, DS – Oct 09
- titles such as Pyjama Party and Fashion Show
- game releases come packed with a charm

LITTLIEST PET SHOP BEST FRIENDS, Wii, DS – Oct 09

BRUTAL LEGEND, 360, PS3, Wii – Autumn 09

FAMILY GAME NIGHT 2, Wii, 360, PS3, DS – Oct 09
- Operation, Jenga and new Connect 4
- DS title will feature games from both FGN 1 and 2

Sounds awesome and really like the style. I'll definitely pick this up and may get another copy to give to my cousin, as he's a huge tennis fan.

If this also comes out for the ps3/360, I'll probably check it out but I'll most likely be playing this more on the wii.

Gomu Gomu

I hate to be that guy, but:

1h70c3.jpg

Are you kidding me?

Assemble!

I like it. EA will make sure we have something finally better than Wii Sports tennis. You'd think the Wii would be flooded with tennis games, but no.

Looking forward to this.

beje

Banned
It's not that cartoonish isn't OK or anything like that but it looks like they pulled out the models out of their ass (or from a DS version at best).

pakkit

Banned
People keep saying cartoony looks good for Wii and its true. The best looking games from last generation were the cartoony ones (Psychonauts, BG&E, Wind Waker, Stranger's Wrath).

EDIT:
BRUTAL LEGEND, 360, PS3, Wii – Autumn 09

8amd7qw.gif

pakkit

Banned
New Nintendo Power > Old Nintendo Power.

This game looks pretty good, definitely like the style. Hopefully the dev's coding and WiiMotion's detection is up to snuff.

bdouble

pakkit said:

Exactly what I was thinking and from that article it sounds like M+ kicks ass. Love that they put in a nunchuck less control scheme and visually it looks great.

[Nintex]

pakkit said:

This game looks pretty good, definitely like the style. Hopefully the dev's coding and WiiMotion's detection is up to snuff.
Hopefully Motion+ is out by then, EA already confirmed that this and Tiger Woods will ship on their planned releasedate even if the Motion+ isn't out yet.

Frencherman said:
Looks poor, boring and uninspired...

Graphically it looks quite nice. The art style is there to make up for the technical short comings of the Wii when compared to the other systems. Developers have realized that the Wii won't look good nearly as good when designing straight out realistic games then ones with some sort of art style like in Madworld or this game.

CrisKre

Looks poor, boring and uninspired...

Lol, I actually think that it looks as inspired as a Tennis game can look. And if you add the fact that it is from EA of all publishers....I love the artstyle and I think if it ends up well It will be an AWESOME party game.

big_z

ea did a good job with the art style. simple and clean looks quite nice on wii. hopefully a trailer soon... i want to see this wii motion plus in action.

GDGF

Soothsayer
That looks really good, and yeah Chris Slate and crew kick ass (since the Game Player days!)

Top Bottom