• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA teases new BioWare project [It's Mass Effect 3]

Lakitu

st5fu
Actually just saw the comparison with the Incisor rifle. Could be Mass Effect related then. Less than a month to wait.

Yoboman

I thought he had a really awesome gigantic manga style greaser hair style at first :lol

Disappointment total

scarybore

The only thing that implies it could be based in the Mass Effect universe is the gun, and as mentioned before here, that could be a simple re-use of assets. I think I'll keep my mind open at this point, but a game based on the First Contact War would be pretty sweet.

hank_tree said:
It's Mass Effect 3. It's Earth.

Earth? Who the fuck wants Earth? You have a universe full of possibilities and people want to go to Earth? Fuck that shit.

Yeah I know, it's going to happen. :(

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Trailer flashes up with 'Look Closer' at the end.

DaBuddaDa

Deathcraze said:
Earth? Who the fuck wants Earth? You have a universe full of possibilities and people want to go to Earth? Fuck that shit.

Yeah I know, it's going to happen. :(
Well, if it's a FPS spinoff trying to appeal to a different crowd, then Earth makes perfect sense. Sci-fi is for lame nerds, didn't you hear?

Sotha Sil

I really don't know what to make of that shot.

Biow.jpg

(Fuck, the hype is getting to me :( )

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Sotha Sil said:
I really don't know what to make of that shot.

Biow.jpg

(Fuck, the hype is getting to me :( )

Its a bridge or path leading through an opening of an area surrounded by a fence. You can also see the green grass, and some big grey thing out the front of the window.

Probably a spaceship.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
EatChildren said:
Its a bridge or path leading through an opening of an area surrounded by a fence. You can also see the green grass, and some big grey thing out the front of the window.

Probably a spaceship.

I see a butterfly.

Oh it isnt one of those things?

EatChildren

HK-47 said:
I see a butterfly.

Oh it isnt one of those things?

Reapers are disguised as butterflys.

Sotha Sil

EatChildren said:

Probably a spaceship.

Yeah, I mean - I don't know if it's just futuristic, or Mass Effect-futuristic. I think it's a spaceship too.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I'm gonna guess it's Mass Effect: First Contact, spin off prequel with multiplayer.

Walshicus

DennisK4 said:
Maybe they have decided to make Mass Effect 3 an RPG?

And this a ME shooter for those fans?
After being disappointed with the Mass Effect 2 shooter they made, I really think an RPG set in that universe would work.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
If it has multiplayer, and if it isn't Mass Effect 3, I'm going to be incredibly disappointed. Mass Effect is probably my favorite universe right now, and after muddying it in two, I don't think I can take much more shit.

kai3345

Banned
universalmind said:
The incisor sniper rifle is supposed to be a new weapon in the ME2 time frame so I don't know if will be a prequel.
it wouldnt be the first time they retconned the gun tech

EatChildren

steverulez said:
Looks like a bridge at the top and a ship at the bottom, and its white, which suggests Normandy, isn't it White in ME2?

Tis, but I dont think that unidentifiable mass of grey resembles any part of the Normandy. For me, the prequel thing comes from the comparitively low-tech look of the soldier's armor. Then again, it might be at home with the current Mass Effect tech, so it might be ME3. I would think BioWare would hold off announcing ME3 until ME3 is out in the wild though.

The fact the trailer says "Look Closer" quickly at the end to me implies there's either something we're missing, or the Incisor Rifle clue is deliberate.

EatChildren said:
Tis, but I dont think that unidentifiable mass of grey resembles any part of the Normandy. For me, the prequel thing comes from the comparitively low-tech look of the soldier's armor. Then again, it might be at home with the current Mass Effect tech, so it might be ME3. I would think BioWare would hold off announcing ME3 until ME3 is out in the wild though.

The fact the trailer says "Look Closer" quickly at the end to me implies there's either something we're missing, or the Incisor Rifle clue is deliberate.

I can't see the video right now but judging from that screenshot it may be a Geth dropship.

raphier

Banned
that teaser closely reminds me of those Halo Wars cinematics. same studio, I presume. This is probably Mass Effect, but their artstyle gone grittier and less flashy. Atleast for the teaser.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
20101117-ex4cch9j89apie2fhec3rufubp.jpg

Link leads to:

NvRJe.png

Which comes out as: 001101010011010100101110001110000011010000110101 on my phone.

webrunner

If it is some sort of spinoff shooter I can see something like

Mass Effect: First Contact War

or some other major battle that didn't involve Shepard (I doubt it'd be like, the Blitz or something, since Shepard can be a survivor of that)

Killthee said:
20101117-ex4cch9j89apie2fhec3rufubp.jpg

Link leads to:

NvRJe.png

Which comes out as: 001101010011010100101110001110000011010000110101 on my phone.

Converted to ascii that's "55.845"

That is, the string "55.845", not the number, so there's very little chance it's not supposed to be ascii, since every character is a number.

55.845 is the atomic mass of iron.

Top Bottom