• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA teases new BioWare project [It's Mass Effect 3]

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Patryn said:
Didn't they already say that at least part of ME3 would definitely take place on Earth?

Not really, but they implied that Earth would be saved for something special or some crap like that. I expect the climax of ME3 to take place on Earth, because BioWare have a raging hard-on for humans.

In other news; YAY! PUZZLES!

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Mass Effect timetravels to the Iron Age.

And strangely I'd be more interested in that than more terminator reaper bosses.

EatChildren said:
Not really, but they implied that Earth would be saved for something special or some crap like that. I expect the climax of ME3 to take place on Earth, because BioWare have a raging hard-on for humans.

I loved that part of Mass Effect: "Humans are special because they aren't all stereotypes like the rest of the galaxy, derp." :lol

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Fimbulvetr said:
I loved that part of Mass Effect: "Humans are special because they aren't all stereotypes like the rest of the galaxy, derp." :lol

Cept you find out you were a hanar playing a holo game all along.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Another code:

AHACD.png

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Killthee said:
Another code:

AHACD.png

-128.5°F?

webrunner

Killthee said:
Another code:

AHACD.png

-128.5°F

"The coldest temperature ever recorded on earth is -89.2 degrees Celsius (-128.5 degrees Fahrenheit) at Vostok, Antarctica on July 21, 1983"

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
webrunner said:
-128.5°F

"The coldest temperature ever recorded on earth is -89.2 degrees Celsius (-128.5 degrees Fahrenheit) at Vostok, Antarctica on July 21, 1983"

Mass Effect 3: Biotic Snowball Fight

Arnie

That's definitely in the Mass Effect universe, I can see Bioware either announcing ME3 through a live action trailer or simply expanding the franchise with a FPS/RPG spin off.

webrunner

They posted another code block.. I dont have the fancy scanny thing so can someone drop the new code out here?
wait, that was just the original teaser image, my bad.

webrunner

Deathcraze said:
Well, this is getting weirder by the minute. :D

Would suck if everyone had armour or shields.

That's where the iron comes in, you fill each snowball with an iron core and accelerate them at relativistic speeds using mass effect fields.

DaBuddaDa

First word iron, second word coldest temp ever on earth. Cold iron? Wikipedia has an entry concerning "cold iron:"

Cold iron is a poetic and archaic term for iron, referring to the fact that it feels cold to the touch. In modern usage the term has been most associated with folkloric beliefs that iron could ward off ghosts, fairies, witches, and/or other malevolent supernatural creatures.

Zombies confirmed!

On-rails kinnect game that aims for you.

Bioware: "Just because we've taken away your ability to move and aim doesn't mean it's been dumbed down"

webrunner

sillymonkey321 said:
I really hope it's a shooter, we simply do not have enough shooter. I'm thinking of the ways to customize my marine now!

Maybe you play as the gun and you collect marines to shoot you!

big_z

i believe they were hiring for a multiplayer game late last year/earlier this year. there was also rumors going around that mass effect was getting some sort of multiplayer so i wouldnt be surprised if this was it.

Catshade

Confidence Man said:
On-rails kinnect game that aims for you.

Bioware: "Just because we've taken away your ability to move and aim doesn't mean it's been dumbed down"

As long as we get sex minigames...

webrunner said:
Converted to ascii that's "55.845"

That is, the string "55.845", not the number, so there's very little chance it's not supposed to be ascii, since every character is a number.

55.845 is the atomic mass of iron.
This is one of my favourite posts I've seen. It reads like a detective movie line or NCIS/CSI/National Treasure guy.

Saty

RPS' take:
A second tweeted barcode gives us -128.5 Fahrenheit, which is the lowest temperature ever recorded on Earth, in Vostok, Antarctica, 21st July 1983. A temperature cold enough to cause steel to shatter? Or as Alec also adds, there’s a system in Mass Effect 1 called Vostok. And Vostok 1 was the first manned space flight.

scarybore

miladesn said:

Damn, now I'm getting hyped. Really will surprise me if it is ME3 though, especially since ME2 isn't out on the PS3 yet.

A second tweeted barcode gives us -128.5 Fahrenheit, which is the lowest temperature ever recorded on Earth, in Vostok, Antarctica, 21st July 1983. A temperature cold enough to cause steel to shatter? Or as Alec also adds, there’s a system in Mass Effect 1 called Vostok. And Vostok 1 was the first manned space flight.

I knew I was putting the wrong things into the Mass Effect wiki search!

Arnie

Deathcraze said:
Damn, now I'm getting hyped. Really will surprise me if it is ME3 though, especially since ME2 isn't out on the PS3 yet.
One thing is for certain, it is in the universe, whether it is ME3 however is hard to judge. I personally think it might be a substantial (think GTA Episodes) expansion to ME2, available in the PS3 version which allows you to fill the roles of someone other than Shepard.

Bioware went straight from DA to DA2 in a really swift transition, I know they have a big studio but can they realistically pump out DA2 and ME3, whilst the doctors will also have to provide input around the launch of TOR. If they can then they surely deserve credit because they must be one of the hardest working studios in the industry.

Perhaps its a prequel that involves humans discovering the Charon relay?

Would be cool if it starts out in training on earth and then the rest of it is about being the first humans to go through the relay and into great unknown out of our solar system.

webrunner said:
-128.5°F

They find a frozen living Prothean in Antarctica.

EatChildren

Lionheart1827 said:
Perhaps its a prequel that involves humans discovering the Charon relay?

What's there to happen though? I dont think there were any major conflicts around that time, and if there were they'd all be Human Vs. Human. If its a prequel I cant see them setting it anywhere other than the First Contact War, which took place a little bit after.

Maybe it is a teaser for Mass Effect 3, but I do think it would be weird for BioWare to announce ME3 formally prior to the release of ME2 on the PS3. They've dodged questions about the third game's announcements, and Casey said not too long ago that ME3 news was still some time away. Plus we've had confirmation that more ME2 DLC packs are in the works.

You'd think they'd exhaust the major ME2 releases before hitting us with ME3.

Top Bottom