• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA teases new BioWare project [It's Mass Effect 3]

raphier

Banned
EatChildren said:
What's there to happen though? I dont think there were any major conflicts around that time, and if there were they'd all be Human Vs. Human. If its a prequel I cant see them setting it anywhere other than the First Contact War, which took place a little bit after.

Maybe it is a teaser for Mass Effect 3, but I do think it would be weird for BioWare to announce ME3 formally prior to the release of ME2 on the PS3. They've dodged questions about the third game's announcements, and Casey said not too long ago that ME3 news was still some time away. Plus we've had confirmation that more ME2 DLC packs are in the works.

You'd think they'd exhaust the major ME2 releases before hitting us with ME3.
you are forgetting that they can always go back and change or add to the known story. It's been done before.

webrunner

Captain Tuttle said:
They find a frozen living Prothean in Antarctica.
2hg9usk.jpg

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
raphier said:
you are forgetting that they can always go back and change or add to the known story. It's been done before.

I know, but prior to the First Contact War there was no contact with aliens, and I cant see them making a Mass Effect game that excludes a significant part of what makes it special.

And retconning alien contact in prior to the FCW would be horrendous.

Captain Tuttle said:
They find a frozen living Prothean in Antarctica.

Reaper under the arctic. Whale Rreaper.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
And he looks like T-1000 this time.

But really, all I want is a game that makes space feel unknown and amazing. Discovering the Charon Relay, activating it, and then getting the First Contact War would be great.

raphier

Banned
EatChildren said:
I know, but prior to the First Contact War there was no contact with aliens, and I cant see them making a Mass Effect game that excludes a significant part of what makes it special.

And retconning alien contact in prior to the FCW would be horrendous.

Reaper under the arctic. Whale Rreaper.
"Secret conflict not known to public."
Hey, I don't like it too but with human reaper anything is possible. It happens when they stop producing real ideas :/

EatChildren said:
What's there to happen though? I dont think there were any major conflicts around that time, and if there were they'd all be Human Vs. Human. If its a prequel I cant see them setting it anywhere other than the First Contact War, which took place a little bit after.

True stuff, I'm just speculating though. What year does the first contact war start and what years do ME1 and 2 happen? I just want more ME, the franchise has so much potential after ME3 completes the trilogy.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Lionheart1827 said:
True stuff, I'm just speculating though. What year does the first contact war start and what years do ME1 and 2 happen? I just want more ME, the franchise has so much potential after ME3 completes the trilogy.

2148 CE: Humans discover Prothean crap on Mars.
2149 CE: Charon Relay discovered.
2157 CE: First Contact War.
2183 CE: Mass Effect.
2185 CE: Mass EFfect 2.

Cold Iron: Mass Effect

wiki:

"Cold iron" is sometimes asserted to repel, contain, or harm ghosts, fairies, witches, and/or other malevolent supernatural creatures. This belief continued into later superstitions in a number of forms:
Nailing an iron horseshoe to a door was said to repel evil spirits or later, to bring good luck.
Surrounding a cemetery with an iron fence was thought to contain the souls of the dead.
Burying an iron knife under the entrance to one's home was alleged to keep witches from entering.

I HATE THIS ARG CLUES SHIT DIE IN A FIRE EA

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
If it is a Mass Effect prequel its probably going to end up how the character you are playing is the one that activates those guys in that ME1 vision or something.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
I am so hyped already, but my favourite theory so far is that you play as Jeremy Irons.

Also I've delved into the realms of impossibility and convinced myself Respawn Entertainment are involved. :lol

Vlodril

an fps set in the first contact war...actually...sounds...pretty fucking awesome

I am there as well. FPS are not my thing but i have wanted to explore the first contact story since ME1.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
DY_nasty said:
How about Alpha Protocol done right?
I really do wish they'd hire Obsidian to handle the dialogue in future Mass Effect games.

Alpha Protocol was brilliant, in that regard.

Lime

I don't know, the armor doesn't look very futuristic to me:

testac63.png

universalmind said:
You play as Sovereign trying to convince the Reaper Council the threat of Commander Shepard is real.

:lol

Atilac

First Contact Wars? an online shooter based in the mass effect universe dealing with the 1st encounter between Humans and Turians?

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Definitely Mass Effect, but that armor is way off anything in the universe, and the Incisor is a bit off as well - get some people that pay attention to detail EA.

EatChildren

Skilotonn said:
Definitely Mass Effect, but that armor is way off anything in the universe, and the Incisor is a bit off as well - get some people that pay attention to detail EA.

The only thing off about the Incisor is the missing chunk at the front, and the blue colouring. Otherwise its practically identical in shape and detail.

Anyways, random stills from the video. Whether or not they mean anything;

O5AJ2.png

mFIl6.png

zZBJH.png

DB087B0B56A3497CBB9F4592FF61FA5E-0000333025-0002033819-00800L-840EBF160BEC402FAB0721670C23D2BA.png

EatChildren

Thnikkaman said:
Yfrog is going really slow, probably because of this, but this was tweeted two minutes ago.
http://yfrog.com/7bj78p

Says 2 hours ago for me. The twitter isn't reporting anything new.

AppleMIX

DR2K said:
They didn't take away enough RPG elements from ME2 it seems.

Uh... they said that ME3 was going to have more RPG elements.

Maybe it's just me, but this game really doesn't look like Mass Effect.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Could still be a side-scrolling prequel as a ME2-ME3 inbetweener or something. If done right, I'd approve!

Top Bottom