• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ebola victim was on his way to US

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a swine flu survivor, I can take this.

Oh man, I remember when I got da swine.

I was fucking hallucinating for the second night, all night long. I thought somebody was talking to me about how there was a zombie outbreak. I kept ignoring it because I knew it wasn't real, but I was tired of the illusion bothering my sleep.

So I sat up from bed, and spent a half an hour moving five feet to my computer to check CNN to prove him wrong. Then I took another half an hour to get back up and collapse on my bed. I was seeing little fireflies everywhere.

I probably should have been in the hospital.

Oh man, I remember when I got da swine.

I was fucking hallucinating for the second night, all night long. I thought somebody was talking to me about how there was a zombie outbreak. I kept ignoring it because I knew it wasn't real, but I was tired of the illusion bothering my sleep.

So I sat up from bed, and spent a half an hour moving five feet to my computer to check CNN to prove him wrong. Then I took another half an hour to get back up and collapse on my bed. I was seeing little fireflies everywhere.

I probably should have been in the hospital.

Bro, I feeel you. Me and my brother got the swine at our summer house. It was terrible and we had no idea what it was until later. Scary stuff.

rykomatsu

not sure if this has been mentioned, but Ebola can be transmitted via sex for like 2-3 months after recovery...EBOV = ebola virus

http://jid.oxfordjournals.org/content/196/Supplement_2/S142.full

The isolation of EBOV from semen 40 days after the onset of illness underscores the risk of sexual transmission of the filoviruses during convalescence. Zaire EBOV has been detected in the semen of convalescent patients by virus isolation (82 days) and RT-PCR (91 days) after disease onset [5, 14]. Marburg virus has also been isolated from the semen and linked conclusively to sexual transmission 13 weeks into convalescence [15].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom