• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

uk-1028-1009290-front.jpg

Not bad, not bad at all.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
if you don't see Prydz vs Mau5 and Sasha & Digweed and post a review you will be banned

Haha, in brief - S&D definitely played for the crowd, dark, droning techno with moments of euphoric bliss. A modern take on the Twilo era sound that made them famous in NY.

Show is awesome so far, rocking out to Tenaglia now. Will post more later!

Sai-kun

Banned
omfgggg

mau5 vs prydz last night was fucking ajs;flkjASLFKJASF AMAZING

like, they just went off and went hard as fuck for a straight hour and a half. it was intense.

cdyhybrid

So EDC is also going to allow camping and open up earlier for some extended sets at Cosmic Meadow. Also turning over the shuttles to an independent company that does these things well apparently.

mr stroke

Oh man. Vegas is already a circus that weekend. Going to be so many people there...

Its the weekend before Memorial Day weekend :p

Its probably a better move with out the heat, and the camping should solve some major traffic issues. Sucks that its not a Summer festival anymore but it is what it is :(

I personally won't be returning for a while, been going for so many years now I am kinda burnt out on the Speedway. Gonna finally do Ibiza next summer so EDC 18 is out for me.

The thing with camping is if they allow people to ring their own supplies and grill and stuff

EDC is such a marathon. Camping gonna be insane. One thing i love about EDC is that i can sleep in the next day. But with camping and ppl blasting music by 9 am you aint getting any sleep. Maybe I'm just too old.

mr stroke

Camping in the Vegas heat sounds like a nightmare. Plus its going to be broad day light when everyone returns from EDC at 6am. Day camping in the Vegas sun, with a bunch of loud cracked out kids sounds like hell hahahaahhahhaa

Lands on my birthday.

Can it be? My first EDC Vegas?

Ackkkkk who wants a 33year old there.

there are plenty of people who are older than you that go. Plenty of people. i've met some amazing couples in their 40s when i was only 24 that were having the time of their life!

This new Galantis is not good at all. I am so completely confused as to what they are doing. I still have the Audien album to listen to and the ODESZA one, too.

Also, Dillon Francis was on Hot Ones. Imma need to watch that, lol.

Aomber

Haven't been able to post much here lately, been crazy busy

This new Galantis is not good at all. I am so completely confused as to what they are doing. I still have the Audien album to listen to and the ODESZA one, too.

Also, Dillon Francis was on Hot Ones. Imma need to watch that, lol.

I listened to it as well, it's definitely not good. I thought Pharmacy was okay, decent music but really safe, so I was wondering where they were gonna go from there. I don't wanna say the album is categorically bad since there's a couple decent dance songs, but their new music in general has confirmed for me this is pretty much a money project, the quality of music compared to Karlsson's other project Miike Snow isn't so great.

Hot ones was a fun watch, link for those who haven't seen it yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV002CSNDac

Lands on my birthday.

Can it be? My first EDC Vegas?

Ackkkkk who wants a 33year old there.

Here's what I think, it's true it's very welcoming, I met some awesome people at the festival, and there's definitely people who vastly range in age.

That said, I ran into not so awesome people who were clearly there just to party and do drugs, generally on the younger side of the spectrum. I thought the crowd was terrible at some stages because of that. There is a good crowd at the right stages though, specifically somewhere like Neon Garden. It's your call if that's something you wanna deal with but that was my experience.

I think I understand why people like ODESZA, but it's just not for me (this latest album at least). It's good though and I got through track 10 and I figured it just wasn't for me. I'll probably grow on it. I can definitely feel and hear a tremendous journey just from the intro and then into the first track. It is a well made album.

DMczaf

Just got back home from Red Rocks in Denver for Above and Beyond and Seven Lions

So damn fun! Incredible venue and weather, and amazing sets.

Was in VIP chilling with an older (mid 50s) A&B crew from Australia the whole night, they went to Tomorrowland, so jealous!

Bae Lions tho had me feeling Majora's Mask <3

Stolen from FB:

af0Vfcy.jpg

Aomber

My name's Aomber, I'm a music producer from Boston Massachusetts and I just got drunk & slid into alison wonderland's DMs asking her out, AMA

Oxn

On the subject of Alison Wonderland, she is performing in NYC this Thursday, and i have been debating on whether to go or not. But its a freaking Thursday and a worknight.....

Aomber

Good evening EDMers. It's me, ya boy, right at ya with another drunk post

It's my birthday tomorrow so I'm fucking celebrating by purchasing Kaskade Redux tickets. Let's go, should be a good time

It's my birthday tomorrow so I'm fucking celebrating by purchasing Kaskade Redux tickets. Let's go, should be a good time

I'm hoping to get some tomorrow as well. I just bought tickets for Cosmic Gate yesterday.

Ixian

Were you able to get tickets? There was a fuck up with the site selling the tickets for Orange County but thankfully we still managed to get some.

PS: Happy birthday!

Aomber

Were you able to get tickets? There was a fuck up with the site selling the tickets for Orange County but thankfully we still managed to get some.

PS: Happy birthday!

No. Sold out in 45 seconds. Not a big deal, would have been a good set but I'm not the craziest Kaskade fan anyway

And thanks!

Huh..... Would never expect Infected Mushroom to be on Spinnin':

Becoming Insane (Remix) Edit: I'm also going to hazard a guess and say that the mainstream is trying to push Psy Trance, but maybe that's just me.

Also, happy belated burfday Aomber. Hoped you got that date you wanted from Alison, lol.

Aomber

Huh..... Would never expect Infected Mushroom to be on Spinnin':

Becoming Insane (Remix) Edit: I'm also going to hazard a guess and say that the mainstream is trying to push Psy Trance, but maybe that's just me.

Also, happy belated burfday Aomber. Hoped you got that date you wanted from Alison, lol.

You'll be seeing more artists on Spinnin, they just got bought by WMG.

Thank you! Hahaha sadly no, rip in peace :(

Top Bottom