• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EGM GET! Zelda pics.. HFS!

holy damn! zelda looks awesome! i have a feeling it's going to be such a massive and well made game when it finally comes out. there would be no excuse for delaying something this long otherwise.

NeonZ

Smash Bros 2007? Yay!:D They really couldn't release it so soon.

I guess this means it won't be just a Melee rehash.

Jasper

Can someone pleaaseeeeee tell me:

Are these new Zelda screens 'impressive for the gamecube' or are you guys saying its more impressive then that, and it looks good enough for Nintendo's new Wii system?

Please tell me, im so hyped :)

bridegur

I'd say it looks really good for the GC, and it will be just fine for the Wii, considering everything else we've seen.

So is Mario confirmed for launch?

Polari

Jasper said:

Are these new Zelda screens 'impressive for the gamecube' or are you guys saying its more impressive then that, and it looks good enough for Nintendo's new Wii system?

They don't look Xbox 360 or PS3 great, but the art direction is amazing and they look noticably superior to any Gamecube game we've seen to date.

:)

NeonZ

Jasper said:

It's still a GameCube game...

Jasper said:

Current TP >>> E3 2005 TP.

That's all you need to know.

Kevtones

Jasper said:

It looks fucking awesome, seriously :)

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
They fucking don't look better than any GC game I assure you, RE4 is without a doubt superior. I would say Rebel Strike is definitely better too, and maybe F-Zero GX (they're such different game sit's hard to compare).

It's clearly a GC level game (well, it's widescreen and maybe has better shadows than the GC version, we'll have to wait and see), though I suspect Wii games will also look clearly like GC games too, but it still looks nice.

For those who haven't tracked down the scans (wtf people), the vibrancy people are taliing about is like...well, think back to what we'd already seen of TP and go slap bang in the middle of that and OoT. We're not talking WW levels here anyway.

Mama Smurf

From the scan. It does appear to say 2007 :( It'd hardly be a bad launch with Zelda, Mario, WarioWare, DQ Swords, FFCC (are we sure this is launch?), Red Steel, Monkey Ball and others...but the loss of both Smash Bros and Metroid is painful.

Biglesworth23 said:
Eh, you seem to be pretty knowledgeable on these types of things, so I'll give ya the benefit of the doubt. :) I was nearly positive it was $250. Ah well. :D

What about the Cube? Did that launch at $200 like I thought?
Yeah, it is something I keep track of. :) GCN did launch at $200. They didn't announce the launch price at E3 2001, though, which made for speculation that they might try for a higher price.

koam

Much like the Zelda thread I made, here's the Wii info:

-Controller ideas started in 2004
-One handed controller was proposed in early 2005
-First came the single handed controller, then came the shell, then came the nunchuck (from Producer of Retro's MP)
-Japanese have 2 options: PS3 or Revolution.. "360 has had no impact"
-They're concentrating on 3rd party western developers who like the idea of "disruptive innovation" and their vision.
-We will see a lot more exclusive third-party content than we saw on the Gamecube
-Strong launch with steady supply of games
-By not going HD, they're freeing up 4-6 times the console's processing power
-HD is too unstable of a format (some people consider 720p to be standard, others 1080p)
-The memory, a portion of the processor and the wifi will continue to function even after the system is shut off
-Compares that aspect to that of a cellphone (you can receive e-mails or calls while it's waiting)
-50 characters on screen versus 500 doesn't make a big difference in terms of gameplay
-Talks about how how if someone came up with an idea like Tetris now, the publisher wouldn't approve it because it's not based on a franchise, doesnb't have CG etc etc
-Looking into adding the awake while off function into zelda
-There will be a speaker in the controller,it won't be hi-fidelity, just a basic speaker.
-There is rumble
-Idea for speaker came from Yoot Saito when he was working on Odama.
-Why not include a camera or a microphone? It's too complicated to hook up a headset to a controller and move it around.. they want to keep it simple.
-Online will be evolved from the DS wifi connection
-Graphics for games on the VC won't be reworked but there will be improvements, mainly 480p standard
-7 first party at launch, 13 third party

5 Reasons the Wii might succeed:

5 - Everyone in your family will want to play it
4 - Old systems go! (Virtual Console)
3 - It's your cheapest ticket to next gen (predicting $250)
2 - Online even when you shut it off (gives an example on how in AC you might get gifts while you're away)
1 - It's really revolutionary - It will talk to you, tell you when it's your turn, it will make lightsaber sounds when you swing, motion sensors etc

5 Reasons the Wii might bomb

5 - No HD
4 - Monkey see, monkey do, sony and microsoft might copy
3 - Not as mighty as the ps3 and x360
2 - Nintendo might not be ready for online (talks more about how zero cost might mean limited features and convoluted friend codes)
1 - Third party support might suck again

quote from will wright: "As a designer, I'd love to design for a system like that that offers that new interface flexibility" "As a publisher, i dunno what the viability is yet. It'll come down to the economic viability of the market, although, I am rooting for Nintendo"

I don't want to give away the whole mag, but there's TONS of stuff on the Wii.. i definetely recommend getting the issue

Release Dates:
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles 2 - Fall 2006
Hudson Flight Sim - Fall 2006 (not pilotwings)
Metroid Prime 3 - 2007
Super Mario Revolution - Fall 2006
Super Smash Bros - 2007 (please don't kill me)
Animal Crossing - 2007
Elebits - Fall 2006
Godzilla - Fall 2006
Happy Feet - Fall 2006
Snoopy vs the Red Baron - Fall 2006
Sonic - Fall 2006
Red Steel - Fall 2006
Tony Hawk - Fall 2006 (looks worse in the mag.. ugh)
Monkey Ball - Fall 2006
Rayman 4 - Fall 2006

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
HUAHAHAUAHAHAUAHAUAHA.

As if TP didn't shit over WW already! GotC confirmed!

Mama Smurf

7 first party launch games, eh? Alright.

Mario
Zelda
WarioWare

These three seem certain. Other possibilities:

Excitebike
Tennis
New games
Non-games
FF:CC (if Nintendo publish, publishers tend to define first party differently to us)
DQ Swords (I doubt this one, but I could hardly put the above and ignore this)

Any others?

ant1532

Banned
Mama Smurf said:
7 first party launch games, eh? Alright.

Mario
Zelda
WarioWare

These three seem certain. Other possibilities:

Excitebike
Tennis
New games
Non-games
FF:CC (if Nintendo publish, publishers tend to define first party differently to us)
DQ Swords (I doubt this one, but I could hardly put the above and ignore this)

Any others?
Theres more than that

1)Mario
2)New IP
3)Cooking Game too
4)Wario Ware
5)Racing game
6)and there most def including Zelda in list even though its for GC

cmon Smash make 2007!!!!!!!!! anyways the 7th one is probably a tennis game like that tech demo.

siege

Banned
I saw the Zelda pics in the new EGM. Pretty incredible. It's defintely become better looking since last E3. The shot of Link riding the horse towards the castle looks breathtaking.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
koam said:
1 - It's really revolutionary - It will talk to you, tell you when it's your turn, it will make lightsaber sounds when you swing, motion sensors etc

OH SHIT!

Duderz

Banned
Jeez, I'm almost ready to say Nintendo wins E3 by default.

Course, if they show Mario tomorrow, the shit will hit the fan.

StRaNgE

Banned
Sounds like a must buy issue.

when's it due out in stores.

i feel so wiitarded that i can not figure out where the scans are, lol

thanx for sharing, good to hear that Zelda is coming along quite well!

tomorrow should be a hell of a day.

Super Mario Wiiiiiiii
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Final Fantasy: Crystal Bearers (w/online?)
Red Steel

Greatest

Launch

Ever

(if true)

It's actually good IMO that Smash Brothers fills that inevitable post-launch lull, much like Mario Kart 64 came out in Feburary after the N64's first Christmas.

The speaker on the controller makes a Star Wars game even more of a non-brainer.

mollipen

koam said:
-Why not include a camera or a microphone? It's too complicated to hook up a headset to a controller and move it around.. they want to keep it simple.

Totally disagree with them on the no mic part. They could have one built into the Wiimote, and have it used and held like a regular microphone. Use it for stuff like Brain Training or whatnot, mini games, or let the Wii also be a great home karaoke box.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
shidoshi said:
Totally disagree with them on the no mic part. They could have one built into the Wiimote, and have it used and held like a regular microphone. Use it for stuff like Brain Training or whatnot, mini games, or let the Wii also be a great home karaoke box.

Headset controller extension for the win, right?

koam said:
Much like the Zelda thread I made, here's the Wii info:

-Controller ideas started in 2004
-One handed controller was proposed in early 2005
-First came the single handed controller, then came the shell, then came the nunchuck (from Producer of Retro's MP)
-Japanese have 2 options: PS3 or Revolution.. "360 has had no impact"
-They're concentrating on 3rd party western developers who like the idea of "disruptive innovation" and their vision.
-We will see a lot more exclusive third-party content than we saw on the Gamecube
-Strong launch with steady supply of games
-By not going HD, they're freeing up 4-6 times the console's processing power
-HD is too unstable of a format (some people consider 720p to be standard, others 1080p)
-The memory, a portion of the processor and the wifi will continue to function even after the system is shut off
-Compares that aspect to that of a cellphone (you can receive e-mails or calls while it's waiting)
-50 characters on screen versus 500 doesn't make a big difference in terms of gameplay
-Talks about how how if someone came up with an idea like Tetris now, the publisher wouldn't approve it because it's not based on a franchise, doesnb't have CG etc etc
-Looking into adding the awake while off function into zelda
-There will be a speaker in the controller,it won't be hi-fidelity, just a basic speaker.
-There is rumble
-Idea for speaker came from Yoot Saito when he was working on Odama.
-Online will be evolved from the DS wifi connection
-Graphics for games on the VC won't be reworked but there will be improvements, mainly 480p standard
-7 first party at launch, 13 third party

5 Reasons the Wii might succeed:

5 - Everyone in your family will want to play it
4 - Old systems go! (Virtual Console)
3 - It's your cheapest ticket to next gen (predicting $250)
2 - Online even when you shut it off (gives an example on how in AC you might get gifts while you're away)

5 Reasons the Wii might bomb

5 - No HD
4 - Monkey see, monkey do, sony and microsoft might copy
3 - Not as mighty as the ps3 and x360
2 - Nintendo might not be ready for online (talks more about how zero cost might mean limited features and convoluted friend codes)
1 - Third party support might suck again

quote from will wright: "As a designer, I'd love to design for a system like that that offers that new interface flexibility" "As a publisher, i dunno what the viability is yet. It'll come down to the economic viability of the market, although, I am rooting for Nintendo"

I don't want to give away the whole mag, but there's TONS of stuff on the Wii.. i definetely recommend getting the issue

Release Dates:
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles 2 - Fall 2006
Hudson Flight Sim - Fall 2006 (not pilotwings)
Metroid Prime 3 - 2007
Super Mario Revolution - Fall 2006
Super Smash Bros - 2007 (please don't kill me)
Animal Crossing - 2007
Elebits - Fall 2006
Godzilla - Fall 2006
Happy Feet - Fall 2006
Snoopy vs the Red Baron - Fall 2006
Sonic - Fall 2006
Red Steel - Fall 2006
Tony Hawk - Fall 2006 (looks worse in the mag.. ugh)
Monkey Ball - Fall 2006
Rayman 4 - Fall 2006

Sounds fucking awesome. Thanks.

Innovation FTW. That is so much clearer to me after tonight.

datruth29

shidoshi said:

Naw, I'm going to have to disagree with you there. I can't even imagine the horror of trying to play a game and speak into the controller at the same time. If they are going to include a microphone set, its going to surely have to be wireless (could use the USB slot).

koam

Here's some info on some of the games they talk about:

Red Steel:
-nothing new really.. there's bullet time ugh..

Tony Hawk:
-nothing new really.. basically you race downwards.. meh

Super Monkey Ball:
- looks like a GC game
- nunchaku adjusts camera
- Remote is held vertically

Rayman 4
- No info, new pic, you fight demonic rabbits

Edit: Yes, 100% it's 2007 for smash, i misread it the first time.

shidoshi said:

Attachments :D

Wow. With Mario, Zelda, 5 other Nintendo games (I would think all promising to be innovative), 13 third party games including Red Steel, SMB, and Sonic (going by the date), it is really not hard to argue that this will be the best launch ever. My anticipation for Zelda is now through the roof.

ParkPace

I'm so glad that it (appears) the wolf parts won't be in black and white anymore. I was getting that Metroid Prime 2 Echoes 'purple dark world' feel, which really pissed me off.

ant1532

Banned
koam said:

Red Steel:

Tony Hawk:

Super Monkey Ball:
- looks like a GC game

Rayman 4

do you have to use nunchunk???????

koam said:

Red Steel:

Tony Hawk:

Super Monkey Ball:
- looks like a GC game

Rayman 4

Is the Red Steel being blah your opinion or EGM's? Do they say if its good or bad?

Hoyl shit, the screens look amazing. holy shit holy shit holy shit fuck me new mario this year? i cant even bother to type captial letters or spell right or punctuate. holy shit this is awesome nintendo has to dominate tomorrow. GET IT DONE REGGIE

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
after sony conference Nintendo has to fucking come out blasting, Sony fucked up real bad now's Nintendo golden chance.

Top Bottom